Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This is monotonous becaue allof these points have been addressed thousands of times throughout the many threads on the issue. The severity of the beating is yet to be determined or proven. We have not been privy to any medical or coroner reports that confrim a broken nose or actual severity of injuries. If you are willing to take this bus driver allegation seriously, then in all fairness you have to take Zimmerman's history of violent behavior into account as it is well documented.
The basic on this is after George called 911 and ASKED for police to come he said TM had run off.

We both know GZ didn't think Oh Goody, I called the police, so it's time to kill someone.

Somewhere after the 911 call from GZ we have TM beating his head in and breaking his nose ( according to witnesses) while having GZ pinned beneath him.
GZ feared for his life (reasonably so) and being he could not retreat while on his back felt he had to shoot.

I don't see the lack of self defense here.
If it were GZ on TM there would be a reason to press charges, but as of now this appears to be politically motivated.

Even the Judge wants out, she's young and which ever way she rules she is going to ruin a promising career.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:05 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabapplejoe View Post
. Too bad that the "child" couldn't simply go straight home to his father's, girlfriend's rented condo...they wouldn't be there of course, because they left this "child" home alone while they went partying.

LOL! The state does not bring cases where they do not have enormous evidence. Today, and for several decades, Zimmerman, the murderer, sits in a 67 sq foot cage. Just like any animal. I notice his wife hasn't spoken-must be shopping for a replacement. Any grocery checker will be a replica.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:09 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
LOL! The state does not bring cases where they do not have enormous evidence. Today, and for several decades, Zimmerman, the murderer, sits in a 67 sq foot cage. Just like any animal. I notice his wife hasn't spoken-must be shopping for a replacement. Any grocery checker will be a replica.
The state had no choice but to bring charges against Zimmerman otherwise the ignorant trash was going to riot and destroy Sanford FL.

Last edited by CaseyB; 04-15-2012 at 03:19 PM.. Reason: flaming

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM

By the way, the joy of some posters not at justice, but at the death of a minor is alarming. I'm delighted due process has finally started-it was long overdue, but I'd have preferred GZ had enough common sense to wait 60 seconds (cops arrived 1 minute after the murder), and than both families would have nothing of substance to deal with. I do think GZ was going to murder at some point, as to not follow a dispatchers statement = being a Dirty Harry waanabe. But we could than have hoped his family got him the mental health treatment he obviosuly needed before he murdered.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:17 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiluha View Post
The key word in your post is "heard" (ear witness), which IMO is less reliable than actually seeing the person who was screaming (eyewitness) ...

Here's my take on the question regarding who was screaming:

There is at least one eyewitness who said that the guy in the "red sweater" was on the bottom of the struggle and was screaming for help. The "red sweater" guy turned out to be GZ as we could see in the police video he had on a red jacket.

The family members from both sides claim the screams came from the TM|GZ. IMO this cancels out the investigative question on who was actually screaming because there clearly is a bias on both sides and an emotional one at that...

You have "ear witnesses" claiming that the screams came from a young man (both are young men IMO). Those "ear witnesses" do not personally know either GZ or TM therefore cannot possibly know the tone of either guy's voice...

In my opinion at this point the "eyewitness" is the most credible...
Let me just add that one of the 911 callers said the guy on top has a white t-shirt. Who is that more likely to be ? Tm on top.

The dog walking witness said in a 911 call that he saw a man held down on the ground screaming. More likely, gz.

Though eyewitness testimony can be wrong, these were spontaneous statements, no outside pressure, no axe to grind, no voice recognition software to sell.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The dog walking witness said in a 911 call that he saw a man held down on the ground screaming. More likely, gz.

Though eyewitness testimony can be wrong, these were spontaneous statements, no outside pressure, no axe to grind, no voice recognition software to sell.
Voice analysts have already said the screams and GZ's voice , as taped on the 911 call, are an absolute non match. Next. We can be sure FBI at Quantico can verify that, too. Double next.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Glad to see the David Duke crowd in attendence (sar). And yes, that is an accurate reply based on the racist post I am responding to.
I'm sorry, when did I say anything about race? Are you drunk?

Old 04-15-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
No, the real "animal" is here - posting on C-D and hiding behind his keyboard.

You are a real piece of *something.*

Actually, I take that back. As an animal lover, I am not even going to compare them to the disgust I get from reading your posts.

Whatever you think went down on the night of February 26, for you to refer to a poor dead kid that way who isn't here to defend himself is beyond disgusting.
If Zimmerman's story is correct (and I tend to believe it since it's the only story that matches the facts we all have) then there is no "poor dead kid" in this story. There's a man who was forced to shoot and kill a violent attacker to save his own life. I'm sorry if you feel that I'm hiding behind my keyboard, I'm not sure what that actually means but I'm sorry you have such skewed feelings and thoughts.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
By the way, the joy of some posters not at justice, but at the death of a minor is alarming. I'm delighted due process has finally started-it was long overdue, but I'd have preferred GZ had enough common sense to wait 60 seconds (cops arrived 1 minute after the murder), and than both families would have nothing of substance to deal with. I do think GZ was going to murder at some point, as to not follow a dispatchers statement = being a Dirty Harry waanabe. But we could than have hoped his family got him the mental health treatment he obviosuly needed before he murdered.
All I know is, criminals will second guess now, as long as we have the castle doctrine. I am in no way saying TM is guilty of anything, just speaking in general.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 PM

Quote:
I'm quite happy that justice has already been done in this case, Zimmerman was able to defend himself against a violent attacker which is exactly why he was carrying a legally concealed weapon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies