Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Well, considering that you created a thread about "no longer being Black", I would've thought that you would have eaten that comment up with a spoon.

I am not black entirely, but it is a part of me. Why is that hard to understand? It is just as insulting to me to here people talk trash about my black side as it is to hear people talk trash about my white/Italian side.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:14 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I am not black entirely, but it is a part of me. Why is that hard to understand? It is just as insulting to me to here people talk trash about my black side as it is to hear people talk trash about my white/Italian side.
You've said you are not accepted by many of your Italian family members, not to mention Italian (Americans) in general. Why are you not hellbent on declaring "I'm no longer Italian" to the world?

Old 04-16-2012, 09:16 PM

835 posts, read 1,041,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
According to black, dark skinned, grew up in segregated south Herman Cain, racism in America no longer exists and he has never experienced racism from white people

Well, that is how I feel when you say blacks don't treat mixed people any differently. I KNOW that's BS, just like we both know what Herman Cain says is a load of bull.

A 100% black person doesn't have to face palm and say "wow...those are my people...." and feel like he should melt from embarrassment when some people play a video like this. Now really...does this make me look "sophisticated" knowing some people in my family ARE JUST LIKE THIS:
That's a different story. Unlike you, Hermain Cain isn't generalizing a whole group of people. People of all races don't like mixed people.

Like I stated before, there are Italians who will call you a "Moolie" and single you out as fast as you claim some of the blacks in your family did.

It has nothing to do with the black race.

"A 100% black person doesn't have to face palm and say wow...those are my people"

What people? people like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FiCxZKuv8

Old 04-16-2012, 09:20 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,265,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Here you go again; presuming to define whatever reasons white posters might have in posting on this thread as negative and 'ulterior motivated' in nature. "Backing" (as you so "high-schoolishly" put it) the O/P has nothing whatsoever to do with poking a stick in your eye but everything to do with identifying ALL kinds of racial disparity so it can be dealt with in a compassionate and understanding manner rather than this stupid "it's us or them" mantra preached by the hatemongers among you.

Here's a comment for you to really get your teeth into; while whites in the U.S. may have screwed you folks up in a big way; they've had less and less affect on your progress as the years have gone by. The folks who are doing you injustice and defining your future on your behalf in a very negative way today are your own brethren. Your narrow focus on a colour barrier does you more harm than good.

Even you must acknowledge there are "good" honky's out there who just want to see us ALL prosper TOGETHER. It cannot work any other way unless you're prepared to eliminate one entire race of beings to pave the way for your type of "we are all powerful" utopia.
Very good post.

Racial splintering and hatred is not just a problem for one or another, its the problem of our *whole* society. We can't heal until first we let go of all the old imagry, meaning white, black, 'mixed' and all the divergent roots of our culture. We have problems nobody is going to solve, and everyone will pay for, if we can't learn to see fellow human beings who might look different over 'them'.

The post this quote replied to *assumed* that whites who support the OP were doing so because of an agenda. This is no more productive than the descendents of africans fighting over who should/get to be 'black' and use what label. Labels are just that, and carry no power unless you give it to them and how we behave over them.

The only label that will give us all the chance to fufull all of our potential is simply 'human'.

As to the OP and why I responded? I find him interesting and that he values things I value, intellect, speaking well, respect for learning, and history as I'm fascinated by it, I understand that he is in his own special minority. Intellectuals are considered 'odd' by a lot of people with nary a drop of african blood, and looked at as strange, and not invited to the party.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I know a lot of light-skin Black people or mixed Black people and I don't remember them being singled out like you described. The only people that seem to receive this treatment are the ones that bring that stuff on themselves by either 1) overthinking things like the OP or 2) actually carrying themselves as if to convey that they think they are better than other Blacks.

That's just my opinion. I grew up in different walks of life and in the Black neighborhoods, no one automatically went after the light-skin people. Usually the kid had an attitude problem to begin with. Or was snobbish BECAUSE they were light-skin and DID think they were better.

Again, for the third time on this thread, I ask you to read what Kanye West said about mixed people...and again, I will ask you to tell me what the reaction would be if a all white person said this about half black, half white person. Can you REALLY TELL ME people would be as okay about it as they seem to be about an all black man saying it about a half black half white woman.

And where the hell is the outrage? Even hear, I can't get ONE black to say that this is wrong. But then again, "blacks treat us just like they do other blacks"

Kanye believe it?! Mixed-race girls branded 'mutts' / Music News // Drowned In Sound

So, the above link was a lie I came up with with the help of white conservatives....

Old 04-16-2012, 09:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I don't think it has to be "let's keep our bloodline pure." It's more like promoting Black unity, especially between Black men and Black women. I mean, if you look at things now, so many Black men and Black women aren't marrying and aren't understanding one another. Isn't that unhealthy for a community?
Yes and no. IF Black people dating and marrying outside of the "race" meant raising decent kids, I'm def OK with that.

People forget that we're all the same species much like house cats; some are bigger, some are smaller, some have black fur, some have orange fur, some have white fur and many have several colors.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
That's a different story. Unlike you, Hermain Cain isn't generalizing a whole group of people. People of all races don't like mixed people.

Like I stated before, there are Italians who will call you a "Moolie" and single you out as fast as you claim some of the blacks in your family did.

It has nothing to do with the black race.

"A 100% black person doesn't have to face palm and say wow...those are my people"

What people? people like this?

Martin Luther King, Jr.'s last speech - YouTube

As I have said over and over again, yes, some whites hate me and some Italians will never accept me...and some blacks also hate me and will never accept me.
And when I say "face palm", I mean that I have to own up to having...yes, I'll say it, "guidos" in my family....basically, the Italian-American equivalent of a hood rat.
Yes, whites will never completely accept me...but neither will blacks. But, most of the world understand that it is wrong when white people discriminate against mixed people...but few people admit that blacks discriminate against mixed people and even fewer speak up against it.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Racial splintering and hatred is not just a problem for one or another, its the problem of our *whole* society. We can't heal until first we let go of all the old imagry, meaning white, black, 'mixed' and all the divergent roots of our culture. We have problems nobody is going to solve, and everyone will pay for, if we can't learn to see fellow human beings who might look different over 'them'.
That I do agree with.

Quote:
The post this quote replied to *assumed* that whites who support the OP were doing so because of an agenda. This is no more productive than the descendents of africans fighting over who should/get to be 'black' and use what label. Labels are just that, and carry no power unless you give it to them and how we behave over them.
I agree...and also, it seems odd that so many people think this is a matter for blacks to decide, when I'm just as white as I am black. So what, if she was still around, would my own white mother not have any say in how I should identify because she's white?

And I'll also add that many blacks have an issue with anyone else being discriminated against...so many blacks are against racism aimed at them, yet they support racism against Latinos, women and gays and, apparently, mixed people.

Also, whites statistically are more likely to view mixed people as mixed, while blacks are more likely to view them as black, and what I've seen on this thread only confirms that:

More than half (55 percent) of whites classified Obama as biracial after being told that Obama's mother is white and his Kenyan father is black. Likewise, 61 percent of Hispanics also saw Obama as biracial, the Williams Identity Survey conducted by InteligĂȘncia shows. The Zogby Interactive survey polled 2,155 adults from Nov. 1-2, 2006. The poll contained a margin of error of +/- 2.2 percentage points.
For blacks, the Obama candidacy is viewed differently as the Illinois Democrat cannot escape the nation's past racial history. Sixty-six percent of blacks that responded to the interactive poll classified Obama as black.-
Source:

Quote:
IBOPE | InteligĂȘncia Williams/Zogby Poll: Americans' Attitudes Changing Towards Multiracial Candidates (http://www.ibopezogby.com/news/2006/12/20/williamszogby-poll-americans-attitudes-changing-towards-multiracial-candidates/ - broken link)

Quote:
As to the OP and why I responded? I find him interesting and that he values things I value, intellect, speaking well, respect for learning, and history as I'm fascinated by it, I understand that he is in his own special minority. Intellectuals are considered 'odd' by a lot of people with nary a drop of african blood, and looked at as strange, and not invited to the party.
And to that I thank you...high class and low class people exist in every race and culture. But, it appears that in America, people can't distance themselves from low black culture without being labeled racist the same way people can distance themselves from low white culture. Example: A white person says he doesn't want anything to do with people like this is considered normal:

Redneck Fail Compilation 2011 || YDL - YouTube

But the minute a black person, no matter if they're mixed or not, says he doesn't want to be associated with things like this, suddenly it's "you hate your people":

Ludacris - Area Codes (feat. Nate Dogg) - YouTube

Yes, amongst so many blacks, I hate my people because I refuse to listen to "music" that degrades women...

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Vpunk,didn't you just degrade black American women in some of your posts?
You are beginning to sound like a hypocrite.
You won't listen to music that degrades women,but you yourself do it.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:08 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,844,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
They'd break both shoulder blades from taking their hands down so fast. Hell, they'd break the speed record for withdrawing support that was previously held by Avis-rent--a-car in their support for O.J. Simpson!

Yea...its all cute on a message board, but God forbid he shows up over to their houses. They'd call the police if they see him on the street after 6 pm.
Well,this post suggests to me you are militant.
would you tell your son the same thing?

I'm sorry,but I can't see how a black baby can come from a white woman.
It seems impossible. Because it is impossible.

Black+white=mixed.

Why is that a hard concept to grasp?

As I said,it sreally hard for me to wrap my head around black men who marry white women,yet are militant and so pro black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies