Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 09:40 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,208,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I never degraded women...just said that, for the most part, black American women aren't for me. I like mixed girls, white girls, African and Caribbean girls (especially from Angola, women from Angola are beautiful) and Asian girls and Latino girls...but black American women just rub me the wrong way.

If I said I didn't like Asian girls, would that make me racist against Asians?

Oh, and I never did nor will I ever refer to black women as "hoes". Don Imus does it, and it's a scandal...Ludacris does it, and it's a gold record
That's okay. For the most part, I find that men who claim not to like or see the appeal in black women are usually insecure. They believe that black women are after these "strong men" and because they don't measure up, they become bitter and begin to put down black women.

Whenever you see a non-black man with a black woman, you'll notice one thing in particular: He's *extremely* confident and/or self-assured. He recognizes his worth as a man, doesn't care about any stereotypes and knows that he is up for (and usually enjoys) any challenge. That's my kind of man. Men like you just help us weed out the undesirables.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 AM

875 posts, read 1,661,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
I know a lot of light-skin Black people or mixed Black people and I don't remember them being singled out like you described. The only people that seem to receive this treatment are the ones that bring that stuff on themselves by either 1) overthinking things like the OP or 2) actually carrying themselves as if to convey that they think they are better than other Blacks.

That's just my opinion. I grew up in different walks of life and in the Black neighborhoods, no one automatically went after the light-skin people. Usually the kid had an attitude problem to begin with. Or was snobbish BECAUSE they were light-skin and DID think they were better.
Like you said its just your opinion. You have never walked in my shoes and I have never walked through yours so you cant say that it does not happen. I am not singled out (though it has happened), this has happened over the course of meeting someone. Not EVERYONE does this but it has happened. I have also never once thought are led anyone to believe that I was better than them, that is them thinking very silly IMO. Like I said, you assume you know but you dont know my friend.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,530,120 times
Quote:
I never degraded women...just said that, for the most part, black American women aren't for me. I like mixed girls, white girls, African and Caribbean girls (especially from Angola, women from Angola are beautiful) and Asian girls and Latino girls...but black American women just rub me the wrong way.

If I said I didn't like Asian girls, would that make me racist against Asians?

Oh, and I never did nor will I ever refer to black women as "hoes". Don Imus does it, and it's a scandal...Ludacris does it, and it's a gold record
No worries. However, you will have to explain this sentiment to your Black American daughters and granddaughters one day.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:03 PM

219 posts, read 922,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Calipoppy linked up a video of lightskins Africans all if not most were mixed. Dahomey broke down the ancestry of several in the video. What are you talking about?

There are no indeinous Bantu lightskinned tribes in sub-Saharan tribes in Africa. Folks go on about the Khoisan but they aren't Bantu.

People go on about the Igbo but the are renowned traders in Africa and have been dealing with Europeans for century the lightskinned ones have European ancestry. For some reason African-Americans think they are the only ones who can be mixed.
You have got to be kidding me! Once again from the LARGEST and most extensive genetic study of Africans in history, Tishkoff 2009. The S8 table showing the break down of each African sample's ancestral cluster, shows the Igbo people to be over 90% Niger-Kordonfanian just like their surrounding West African populations. The less than 10% remaining is shared with other African specific ancestral clusters. That being said, how in the Hell can you logically attribute their phenotypic diversity to mixture with non Africans? Sahara-tropical Africans have the most phenotypic and genetic diversity on Earth":

Quote:
"Estimates of genetic diversity in major geographic regions are frequently made by pooling all individuals into regional aggregates. This method can potentially bias results if there are differences in population substructure within regions, since increased variation among local populations could inflate regional diversity. A preferred method of estimating regional diversity is to compute the mean diversity within local populations. Both methods are applied to a global sample of craniometric data consisting of 57 measurements taken on 1734 crania from 18 local populations in six geographic regions: sub-Saharan Africa, Europe, East Asia, Australasia, Polynesia, and the Americas. Each region is represented by three local populations.

Both methods for estimating regional diversity show sub-Saharan Africa to have the highest levels of phenotypic variation, consistent with many genetic studies."
(Relethford, John "Global Analysis of Regional Differences in Craniometric Diversity and Population Substructure". Human Biology - Volume 73, Number 5, October 2001, pp. 629-636)
That being said here are some of the faces of the ethnicities in Nigeria alone:

ALL ARE PURE GENETIC AFRICANS. Do you know how many pictures I could post proving that these people don't need admixture with non Africans to explain their phenotype? You need an African reality check pronto?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:25 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You've said you are not accepted by many of your Italian family members, not to mention Italian (Americans) in general. Why are you not hellbent on declaring "I'm no longer Italian" to the world?
Exactly and that is what I asked him before. I asked him and others like him: Why are you so hellbent on losing your "Black" label, but not another label? I see that happen a lot in society: people are so interested in getting rid of their Black label, but you don't see them trying to get rid of any other label. That tells me that they are indeed victims to the way society has molded our minds in regards to how we view being Black. Also, you don't see the same amount of non-Black people trying to highlight their Black roots or looking for something else to say that they are. Hmm.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightbird47 View Post
Very good post.

Racial splintering and hatred is not just a problem for one or another, its the problem of our *whole* society. We can't heal until first we let go of all the old imagry, meaning white, black, 'mixed' and all the divergent roots of our culture. We have problems nobody is going to solve, and everyone will pay for, if we can't learn to see fellow human beings who might look different over 'them'.

The post this quote replied to *assumed* that whites who support the OP were doing so because of an agenda. This is no more productive than the descendents of africans fighting over who should/get to be 'black' and use what label. Labels are just that, and carry no power unless you give it to them and how we behave over them.

The only label that will give us all the chance to fufull all of our potential is simply 'human'.

As to the OP and why I responded? I find him interesting and that he values things I value, intellect, speaking well, respect for learning, and history as I'm fascinated by it, I understand that he is in his own special minority. Intellectuals are considered 'odd' by a lot of people with nary a drop of african blood, and looked at as strange, and not invited to the party.
You folks are cracking me up! First of all, people who call themselves intellects or "intellectuals" are usually the annoying people that over-analyze everything and think they and everyone else like them are the only ones with a brain. You sound like that and so does "victorianpunk" and that is probably why you say that you find him "interesting." Go figure, people who are just alike usually gather with one another (birds of a feather flock together).

Second of all, it pisses me off a little to see you say that people who have African ancestry and are intellectual are seen as strange. Once again we see that people like you and Victorianpunk just don't get out enough or you severely got picked on and think that the way those people viewed and treated you is the norm. Sorry, but we have a ton of intellectuals in the Black community that aren't seen as strange, but are appreciated and welcomed with pride.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:

How does this guy look black? Honestly:

Vin Diesel on The Jonathan Ross Show BBC - Hungarian subtitle - YouTube

And I'm just slightly darker then him...with more obviously Italian features.
And again, some people in my white family also don't like me. In the end, we mixed don't have YOUR PEOPLE or white people or anybody who we can really relate to...no one that is, but other mixed people.
Did you really just ask how Vin Diesel looks Black?

Oh my gosh, why are we still wasting time in this thread with you! Errrrr!

Would someone like to concur with me about how there is NO questioning how Vin Diesel could be considered Black? Obviously he is "mixed" with something, but that's what everyone has been telling the OP. They've tried to explain that even though someone is light and they look mixed, people's first thought on what to describe the person as is: Black. Diesel has the nose, the cranium shape and the lips. If he were darker, you think people would think anything but "Black?"

But none of that shlT really matters though. I don't go around wondering what race people are, but since we are in this thread, we talk about it. Who the f*ck cares about what race the OP or Vin Diesel is?

Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovethecommunity View Post
Okay, now I know you are pushing the envelope. I live and grew up in Newark and visit family in Elizabeth all the time. I'm mixed and nobody has ever cared. They don't single me out or disown me. I was never chased by hoodlums calling me a "half breed". I don't know where you got the idea that Elizabeth is not friendly for mixed people.
That's what I thought too. I said, "That isn't a tough place to grow up in if you are Black OR Mixed."

Old 04-17-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llmrkc07 View Post
Like you said its just your opinion. You have never walked in my shoes and I have never walked through yours so you cant say that it does not happen. I am not singled out (though it has happened), this has happened over the course of meeting someone. Not EVERYONE does this but it has happened. I have also never once thought are led anyone to believe that I was better than them, that is them thinking very silly IMO. Like I said, you assume you know but you dont know my friend.
If it is my opinion then why are you taking it to heart? I don't read minds, but I know damn well based on body-language, facial expressions or even things that people have said that they think they are better than other Black people if they are mixed or something. Or they had a chip on their shoulder.

FACT!

Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
I'm surprised this thread is allowed to grow into 60 pages, but the one about Ann ROmney not relating to Black women was shut down after 3. Finicky mods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies