Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 12:42 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,443,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I hope Mitt Romney is elected and abolishes HUD. Section 8 is an awful program and needs to be dismantled. Nice areas are turning into slums because of Section 8 residents not to mention crime and school quality deteriorates.
I 100% agree! Put those lazy bastards out on the streets! Pack them in, four or five families to a house! Let them live in broken down RVs and tents on the streets!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
I 100% agree! Put those lazy bastards out on the streets! Pack them in, four or five families to a house! Let them live in broken down RVs and tents on the streets!
Please tell me why it is the taxpayers responsibility to support them?

Would it be okay if I moved into your house and asked you to pay all my bills?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post

Because it's the Christian thing to do?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:54 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Because it's the Christian thing to do?
So let the churches deal with it.

So it is Christian to take money from the middle class and the wealthy to give it to the poor? Is that how it works?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM

867 posts, read 498,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks for showing your inner self, now everyone knows who and what you are.
Yes, a proud "I stand on my own two feet and not on your back", kinda guy.

Thanks for the kudo's (even though you probably thought it was otherwise).

Old 04-17-2012, 12:56 PM

1,389 posts, read 1,313,395 times
What's funny is that there are countless immigrant families that do "packed" homes and they save their $$$$ for investment in businesses.

If folks are forced to live crowded with loved ones, the birth rates and other neg. pathologies will stopped due to peer pressure.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I doubt Romney would end HUD. He has no pair big enough. Romney saying he's going to cut departments is like Gingrich pledging to America in his "contract" that the DOE will be cut. Not gonna happen
You are right plus too many of his cronies are making alot of money off of those programs

Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
What's funny is that there are countless immigrant families that do "packed" homes and they save their $$$$ for investment in businesses.

If folks are forced to live crowded with loved ones, the birth rates and other neg. pathologies will stopped due to peer pressure.

You are looking at culture and necessity. If you came from a country were living in a small home with an extended family, doing it here with a bigger place to live would be a luxury. Now americans are used to living in relative space for individuals and having someone that is living in a mansion or even in a larger house forcing them to live in cramped conditions will surely start a riot.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:

Is it ok for me to pay taxes so that you can pollut my water and air in order to make more money?

Old 04-17-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
So let the churches deal with it.

So it is Christian to take money from the middle class and the wealthy to give it to the poor? Is that how it works?
Many Churches do deal with it already. But it's obviously not enough.

But I still ask the question, what are "we" going to do with all the people on Section 8, who suddenly don't have a place to live? I'm certainly not saying there are no abuses in the system, but I'm sure that the program (like all of the Evil Welfare Programs,) helps more people then those who abuse it.

In this very thread people are complaining about over crowded schools and crime rates around Section 8 areas, what do they really thing will happen when thousands of people are suddenly left homeless? No... these people are not going to go off in a corner and die behind a dumpster.

The Universal Truth of Humanity is that we'll do anything to survive, and to keep our children alive. Crime rates WILL increase as people who already have a hard time making ends meet suddenly find that they need even more money to keep that roof over their head. Or they will spiral into despair, turning to drugs and alcohol to make themselves feel better.

This is going to result in the need for more police, more prisons, more children in Foster Care, and more taxes in the long run. Fix the Section 8 and all Welfare programs, I 100% agree with that. But realize that eliminating them without any sort of safety net is simply going to increase the problem.

I don't care what your politics are, but the continued short-sightedness of many people in this forum specifically is frustrating beyond all reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies