Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,412,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What a funny post. Somebody nobody cares about but who thinks he's some kind of expert thinks Zimm sounded intoxicated. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

We've all heard the tapes. He didn't sound intoxicated.

And let's not forget the fools who couldn't decide if the crying voice was Zimm's or Sweet Little Trayvon's voice. Mom says it was, Dad says it wasn't. OK, then. More experts, I guess.

Everybody's an expert.
That's an awfully lot of name calling and mocking, isn't it? Do you think if you call people fools and make a patronizing remark that "everybody's an expert" that that will somehow discredit belittle the process and the people involved?

You can't testify in court as an expert unless you're qualified as an expert by the court. Only experts can give their opinions.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I presume you honestly don't know the answer to your insanely goofy question.

Answer: Everybody with a brain and a gun.

I guess you've never heard the word 'carry'. If you have, I'm almost afraid to ask what you think it means.
Could it be that some people don't recognize a rhetorical question when they see one? Nahhh, everybody with half a brain would know that.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:50 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
I think someone responded to my post, but I don't understand a word he wrote. Was it in English or Hostility?

So, is it protocol to test the shooter after a homicide and, if so, why didn't the Sanford Police follow procedure?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Could it be that some people don't recognize a rhetorical question when they see one? Nahhh, everybody with half a brain would know that.
First a person has to understand the meaning of the word "rhetorical." LOL

I have the answer, however. The reason someone would carry a loaded gun to go to Target is the same reason the NRA is pushing some states to pass laws allowing people to carry them on school buses and into daycare centers. The world's gone freaking mad.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-30-2012 at 11:01 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I think someone responded to my post, but I don't understand a word he wrote. Was it in English or Hostility?

So, is it protocol to test the shooter after a homicide and, if so, why didn't the Sanford Police follow procedure?
First a person has to understand the meaning of the word "rhetorical." LOL

I have the answer, however. The reason someone would carry a loaded gun to go to Target is the same reason the NRA is pushing some states to pass laws allowing people to carry them on school buses and into daycare centers. The world's gone freaking mad.
I'm under the impression that Zimmerman is very comfortable and friendly with the SPD. Could easily be that they like him. There's a video out there of Zim walling into the SPD three days after the shooting, looking very comfortable and at home. You know, he didn't seem to have any problems walking up those stairs at the Department, even though just three days earlier he had been in a fight for his life.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:09 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Quote:
I'm under the impression that Zimmerman is very comfortable and friendly with the SPD. Could easily be that they like him. There's a video out there of Zim walling into the SPD three days after the shooting, looking very comfortable and at home. You know, he didn't seem to have any problems walking up those stairs at the Department, even though just three days earlier he had been in a fight for his life.
Your posts just get more and more ridiculous.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:20 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Based on what we know up to this point, seems to me it is more likely that Zimmerman went up to Trayvon, made verbal contact, and that's where the fight started. I don't think Zimmerman ever broke that initial contact and I don't think Trayvon followed him anywhere. And let me add, at this point we do NOT know what all of the evidence is in this case because it has not all been released yet.
...wasn't it you that posted the link about Martin's girlfriends interview about the phone call? There have been so many threads now I'm not sure. Anyway, didn't the reports where it was quoted indicate that Martin initiated the verbal contact? "Why are you following me?" or was that asked by Zimmerman, indicating that Martin was following him?

Old 05-31-2012, 06:21 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The reason someone would carry a loaded gun to Target is the same reason someone might put on a seat belt for the drive there...

Old 05-31-2012, 12:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The reason someone would carry a loaded gun to Target is the same reason someone might put on a seat belt for the drive there...
I guess you & I live in different worlds. I know there's probably some crime around here, but I feel very comfortable driving to and from a store without carrying a gun. Sure, I agree we all need to use common sense in our daily activities. Would I walk to my car in the dark when nobody else was around? Probably not. In fact, last year I drove to Port Charlotte and was leaving a shopping center at about 8:00. The parking lot was not well lit, so I waited until a couple was walking out of Ruby Tuesday and asked them to keep an eye on me until I got into my car. However, to me, wearing a loaded gun to run a few errands is nothing like wearing a seat belt. First of all, I have no choice, since buckling up is the law in Florida. So "might put on" does not apply, unless you want to break the law. I don't see a valid comparison, since there's no law that says you have to wear a gun or you'll be ticketed. Second, although in some cases, people have been injured by a seat belt, statistics show that people who wear them have a much better rate of survival in an accident. Please show me proof that carrying a concealed weapon improves your chances of survival when you go shopping.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:39 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,216,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
...wasn't it you that posted the link about Martin's girlfriends interview about the phone call? There have been so many threads now I'm not sure. Anyway, didn't the reports where it was quoted indicate that Martin initiated the verbal contact? "Why are you following me?" or was that asked by Zimmerman, indicating that Martin was following him?
Yes it was posted by that user, however if new facts come out that don't fit a certain narrative, we just get more drivel muddling the scenario and twisting it as the media has done and seems to now be trying to correct and back peddle on.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:54 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I don't know as anyone produced any evidence of a police officer saying that. Zimmerman's slurred or otherwise affected speech came up on one of these threads, and someone posted some informtion about it. That's all I remember, other than when I listened to the poice call, I thought GZ sounded strange; he was speaking slowly and his speech sounded if not slurred, somehow affected.
It was mentioned in the initial report and than buried
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies