Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2012, 11:11 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Maybe in your part of the planet where innocent kids can get murdered and their killer can be released based solely on his word that exist. If Serino did not want or attempt to arrest zimmerman he is just as guilty of the conspiracy to cover up the whole matter as well
Yep, all the while Serino and others were investigating the killing, they were conspiring to cover up for gz. The dratted plot flopped when Serino wanted Zimmerman arrested on March 13.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Yes my property is more important to me than a criminal's life. The criminal forfeits the value of his life as he attempts to rob me.
The Value of your property is up to you.
I didn't know that Trayvon had a 'hot' flat screen tv in his arms when he was shot and killed. I didn't hear that he was breaking into houses.

He wasn't doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, going home.
Zimmerman assumed he was a thief.

I suppose by that reasoning, I could assume that any man walking toward me or approaching me from behind is a rapist, and I would have the right to shoot and kill him. After all he COULD HAVE been a rapist!

Oh, and by the way, Martin was not robbing zimmerman, as you suggest.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,231,638 times
Quote:
LOL By not taking Trayvon's side I was labled a zimmerman supporter. LOL
This is why I cant wait to retire and get out of the country I served and bled for. The country I once loved so much. Americans have turned into sheep. Free thought is impossible and frowned upon. Every topic becomes a reality TV drama.
Its your either for or your against.
Free thought goes both ways. Those of us that believe a crime was committed against a teen are not on here to be harassed and vilified. You claim to be making a point about Trayvon's age, then you attack folks who have a different opinion than you. All off topic.
Many folks have served and bled for this country...Black, White, Mexican, Chinese...too many nationalities to even name....that is what our country is founded upon...Freedoms. If you served as you say...than you know that...Trayvon Martin, a Teenager outside his Father's apartment after walking home from the neighborhood mini mart had his freedom taken away by a paranoid gun totting vigilante, simply because he had a hoodie on...????? What is wrong w/ this picture.
I pray for peace within Trayvon's family...I cannot imagine what pain.... beyond their Son's life ending.....that they endure from reading some of the things we all are wittnessing on public media. God Save Our Country.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:06 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
This whole thread is a bunch of groupies following their celebrety of choice.
Did the young man deserve to get shot? I wasn't there I don't know what really led up to it. Nor does anyone but Zimmerman.

Does Zimmerman deserve a free pass? I dont know I wasn't there. He definetly deserved the beating Trayvon laid on him.
LOL. So if I post about the upcoming election, does it make me a "groupie?" Expressing your opinion about a current story in the news has nothing to do with being a fan of one person or another. A "groupie" would be someone who visits Zimmerman and sends letters to his family - or how about the people who are sending money to Zimmerman? Do these same people give food to their local food banks? I hope so.

Anyway, I do agree with you that it's possible Trayvon Martin "mouthed off" when confronted by George Zimmerman. His mother used those words. Nobody ever said he was an angel, only that he had no prior arrests or history of violence, except for the rumors spread on the internet.

Yes, this might be a tragic story about 2 young men who acted foolishly. However, one of them was only 17 and unarmed and the other was 28 and had a loaded 9mm semi-automatic weapon. Therefore, it was not a level playing field, no matter how you feel about the victim. If this were a rape, it wouldn't matter if the woman liked to party or slept around. It would be totally irrelevant. Only George Zimmerman knows what really happened that night after the 2 met, and his credibility has been recently been tainted.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
LOL. So if I post about the upcoming election, does it make me a "groupie?" Expressing your opinion about a current story in the news has nothing to do with being a fan of one person or another. A "groupie" would be someone who visits Zimmerman and sends letters to his family - or how about the people who are sending money to Zimmerman? Do these same people give food to their local food banks? I hope so.

Anyway, I do agree with you that it's possible Trayvon Martin "mouthed off" when confronted by George Zimmerman. His mother used those words. Nobody ever said he was an angel, only that he had no prior arrests or history of violence, except for the rumors spread on the internet.

Yes, this might be a tragic story about 2 young men who acted foolishly. However, one of them was only 17 and unarmed and the other was 28 and had a loaded 9mm semi-automatic weapon. Therefore, it was not a level playing field, no matter how you feel about the victim. If this were a rape, it wouldn't matter if the woman liked to party or slept around. It would be totally irrelevant. Only George Zimmerman knows what really happened that night after the 2 met, and his credibility has been recently been tainted.

What I don't understand is the whole we have to think Trayvon Martin was an angel simply because we do not see his use of marijuana or school suspensions as justification for his premature death. He was not an angel - no man or woman is perfect and I am sure that everyone here has some skeletons in their closet, it doesn't mean they deserve to die or that they are menaces to society. On top of that, there have been numerous posts here with false or unverified information about Trayvon Martin in an attempt to villify him, which is just evil and sick in my opinion.

Zimmerman is not a hero and Travyon Martin is was not an angel, but I do not think that it is okay for us to allow this lack of respect for human life to go unpunished. If Zimmerman gets away with it others will think they can do the same. On another note, I am glad that the man here in Texas didn't get away with it. There is a difference between starting a confrontation, then killing someone and actually defending yourself from a life threatening situation that you had no control over. Zimmerman did have some control and he did have a choice. I personally don't think that what he did should be taken lightly.

Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Yep, all the while Serino and others were investigating the killing, they were conspiring to cover up for gz. The dratted plot flopped when Serino wanted Zimmerman arrested on March 13.

If you include the fact that a DA took such a personal interest in the case that he demanded that zimmermna be released or the fact that the Trayvon case was not given a full investigation and he walked out of the jail based on his word.......yeah most people with shred of common sense might think that it was a cover up or an extreme case of racism/incompentency on the part of the sanford police dept

Old 06-14-2012, 12:54 PM

17,812 posts, read 13,713,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You have seen the maps, this is absolutely incorrect. Brandy Green's townhouse is where he was staying with his dad. You can see that F is where his body/witnesses say the altercation took place.

Zimmerman was at C (his truck) and followed to location E, then back towards his truck when the operator told him we don't need you following. That is when the altercation took place at F.

Key:
A – The Clubhouse for Retreat at Twin Lakes.
B – Community mailboxes.
C – Where George Zimmerman parked his truck.
D – Brandy Green’s Townhouse, where Trayvon was staying.
E – Zimmerman stopped and completed his 911 call for approximately eighty seconds.
F – The fight and shooting took place in this area.
G – Eyewitness “John’s” townhouse.

0:15 – The best address I can give you is the clubhouse. [A]
0:45 – He’s just staring at the houses. Now he’s staring at me.
1:00 – He’s coming towards me.
1:20 – He’s coming to check me out.
2:08 – Sh&t, he’s running.
2:14 – Sound of truck door being closed. [C]
2:20 – He’s heading towards the back entrance. [referring to E]
2:25 – Are you following him? Yep.
2:45 – He ran… Zimmerman stops and completes the 911 call. [E]
4:05 – Call ends.

E is NOT the back entrance and there is no proof that Zimmerman actually went to "E". However, it makes Zimmerman LOOK better to go to E because it doesn't like like he followed Martin down the middle walkway. However, Zimmerman supporters continue to claim that Martin backtracked and met Zimmerman on Zimmerman's "way back to the truck". Well guess what, point F is NOT on the "way back to the truck."

Old 06-14-2012, 01:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
E is NOT the back entrance and there is no proof that Zimmerman actually went to "E". However, it makes Zimmerman LOOK better to go to E because it doesn't like like he followed Martin down the middle walkway. However, Zimmerman supporters continue to claim that Martin backtracked and met Zimmerman on Zimmerman's "way back to the truck". Well guess what, point F is NOT on the "way back to the truck."

I agree, not sure why people are using this map to back up Zimmerman's story when it does exactly the opposite. The only reason Zimmerman would have been between those houses was to follow Trayvon Martin.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:23 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I didn't know that Trayvon had a 'hot' flat screen tv in his arms when he was shot and killed. I didn't hear that he was breaking into houses.

He wasn't doing anything but walking on the sidewalk, going home.
Zimmerman assumed he was a thief.

I suppose by that reasoning, I could assume that any man walking toward me or approaching me from behind is a rapist, and I would have the right to shoot and kill him. After all he COULD HAVE been a rapist!

Oh, and by the way, Martin was not robbing zimmerman, as you suggest.
You zealots amaze me. I never suggested anything. You retorted to someones post. Your words Because we all know property is so much more important than a human life. I never claimed inferred or suggested Trayvon was a thief or had a flat screen tv. Kindly show me where I did. I said My property is worth more to me than a thief's life. I stand by this.
Zimmerman assumed many things, just like you seem to be assuming when you attempt to put words in my mouth.

Old 06-14-2012, 01:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,680,438 times
Goodness. I don't read all the posts on these Sweet Little Trayvon threads because most of them are the same incomprehensible babble over and over, made by people who think they're legal eagles because half their family and friends are in prison and they sit at home all day watching People's Court. But a flat screen TV?

That's a new one to me, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies