Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support a person's right to conceal carry a firearm for self defense?
I support a person's right to carry and I also conceal carry a firearm 34 35.42%
I support a person's right to carry but I don't personally carry a firearm 56 58.33%
I don't support a person's right to conceal carry a firearm 6 6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Skrew conceal carry. I'm for holsters and open carry. Why hide it?

There was a time in this nations history, that you didn't leave home without your gun.
Today is really no different.

The 2nd amendment gave us the right to defend ourselves as an individual, against everything, as each US citizen was equal to a King in Europe.
While I agree with you completely that's a whole different thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2012, 09:53 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,503,523 times
I am ok with it, but I wish we as a country could get over our gun addiction.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:56 PM

Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Skrew conceal carry. I'm for holsters and open carry. Why hide it?

There was a time in this nations history, that you didn't leave home without your gun.
Today is really no different.

The 2nd amendment gave us the right to defend ourselves as an individual, against everything, as each US citizen was equal to a King in Europe. We bow to no one!
I agree, but for now, in Tx all we have as an option is Conceal carry. Open Carry would be an improvement. It's always been my contention that a person is less likely to commit a crime if he sees he is surrounded by armed citizens.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
I don't want to hide the fact that I am carrying.

I'd staple the gun on my forehead...let people know right off not to mess with me.

I'd rather avoid conflict than have to draw my weapon.

That's why there are prominently displayed NRA stickers on the doors to our house. Set one foot in here and I will promptly blow you away, but I'd rather it not come to that.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:01 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree, but for now, in Tx all we have as an option is Conceal carry. Open Carry would be an improvement. It's always been my contention that a person is less likely to commit a crime if he sees he is surrounded by armed citizens.

True dat.
I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could!
I grew up in Austin and now own a home here, along with property near Gonzales.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I am ok with it, but I wish we as a country could get over our gun addiction.
What do you mean by "get over"? Do you mean eliminate guns completely?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:07 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
http://us.mg6.mail.yahoo.com/ya/download?mid=2_0_0_1_582320_ALrTi2IAANBgT5CBhguJrl 6PTJ0&pid=2&fid=Inbox&inline=1 (broken link)

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
If you live in a place where you have to carry a pistol to feel secure...You had better move to a better place that is civilized.

You may have a problem though..because everyone is so paranoid that where every you move the other guy will be packing..maybe move to a country that is not a gun cultured place?

Don't want to sound rude..but being up here in Toronto..it's not an issue yet...and yes- there are some guns but very rare on the over all...We never let it get that bad that we need weapons to feel secure.

As for your question - seeing that you have a thriving gun culture...to carry or not to carry? I guess it's okay..but to carry a concealed weapon for no good reason just makes you a bit of a nut....if there is a valid reason- go head...BUT if you are bright and intelligent..Your mind is all you need...Unless you are a bit dumb and looking for trouble...No I am not anti-gun...just anti jerk/

Old 04-19-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
If you live in a place where you have to carry a pistol to feel secure...You had better move to a better place that is civilized.

You may have a problem though..because everyone is so paranoid that where every you move the other guy will be packing..maybe move to a country that is not a gun cultured place?

Don't want to sound rude..but being up here in Toronto..it's not an issue yet...and yes- there are some guns but very rare on the over all...We never let it get that bad that we need weapons to feel secure.

As for your question - seeing that you have a thriving gun culture...to carry or not to carry? I guess it's okay..but to carry a concealed weapon for no good reason just makes you a bit of a nut....if there is a valid reason- go head...BUT if you are bright and intelligent..Your mind is all you need...Unless you are a bit dumb and looking for trouble...No I am not anti-gun...just anti jerk/
I probably should have specified that this poll was for people who live on American soil, not for those who live in countries that only survive because of the protection that the US affords them.

On a side note, this must be a different Toronto than the one you're bragging about.

17-year-old sought in fatal shooting | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun (http://www.torontosun.com/2012/04/19/17-year-old-sought-in-fatal-shooting - broken link)

Teen injured in drive-by shooting in northwest Toronto - Toronto - CBC News

Police name brothers killed in north Toronto shooting | CTV Toronto

All from the last few days in beautiful Toronto, although I'm sure now you'll explain that those sorts of things never happen in your part of Toronto because you're smart and you stay away from places where guns might be needed for protection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies