Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This administration wants to strip the art of family farming out of the US. They don't want any kids growing up knowing how to farm. Communists are famous for things like this. Not only will they be able to say where we get our food from, they can control it and cause famine when they want to.
Confirmation bias - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Confirmation bias (also called confirmatory bias, myside bias or verification bias) is a tendency of people to favor information that confirms their beliefs or hypotheses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,215,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Obama, who has probably never even seen a farm...
He did when he spent the day in Iowa yesterday....touring around farm areas.

Zing!!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:38 PM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
He did when he spent the day in Iowa yesterday....touring around farm areas.

Zing!!
I wonder if he stepped in anything interesting.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:41 PM

67 posts, read 97,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Obama, who has probably never even seen a farm...

A proposal from the Obama administration to prevent children from doing farm chores has drawn plenty of criticism from rural-district member of Congress. But now it’s attracting barbs from farm kids themselves. The Department of Labor is poised to put the finishing touches on a rule that would apply child-labor laws to children working on family farms, prohibiting them from performing a list of jobs on their own families’ land.

And if it isn't bad enough to tell families what they can do on their own farms with their own kids:

"The new regulations, first proposed August 31 by Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, would also revoke the government’s approval of safety training and certification taught by independent groups like 4-H and FFA, replacing them instead with a 90-hour federal government training course."

They came up with this brainstorm after going to farms to check out migrant worker safety. God forbid rural kids learn responsibility and the farm business from their parents.

Child Labor Laws | Farming | Department of Labor | The Daily Caller

So why do it now if farm accidents among youth fell nearly 40 percent between 2001 and 2009, to 7.2 injuries per 1,000 farms?

Maybe it's all of that kid farm life experience of President Obama and Hilda Solis...oops no, Solis' father was a teamster shop steward in a battery recycling plant and her mother worked for Mattel. Obama?

“Although there are an awful lot of farms in Illinois, in the neighborhood where I live, the main livestock is squirrels,†said Mr. Obama, who lives on Chicago’s South Side. “So I don’t pretend to know everything there is to know about agricultural issues.â€

Obama's Down on the Farm - NYTimes.com

Well, he does like to eat arugula (A side note to Romney, next time BO makes a rich guy comment you might want to go back to his 2007 arugula comment: “Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?†the senator said. “I mean, they’re charging a lot of money for this stuff.â€) I think that's the closest he's been to farm life. But, I digress...

Obama's Down on the Farm - NYTimes.com

Hey I know, now we can grow the government some more by adding more regulators and inspectors to be in our personal business. During the Obama administration (last 3 years) he's grown the Labor Department’s Wage and Hour Division (inspectors who go out to the farms) from 30% to 40%.
This does not supprize me. He knows no shame. Get him outta there before he does anymore damage.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
That name tends to be much like the use of Shrub and others like that that I continually saw coming from the keyboards of lefties in the old days. I guess you Obamaites just don't remember those good old days.
I am not an "obamaite", whatever that may be...

So then you are acknowledging that by doing the same you are no better than those you constantly post against?

Old 04-26-2012, 07:35 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Obama FOLDS like the cheap suit he is;

News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FARM_LABOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAUL T&CTIME=2012-04-26-19-44-56 - broken link)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Under heavy pressure from farm groups, the Obama administration said Thursday it would drop an unpopular plan to prevent children from doing hazardous work on farms owned by anyone other than their parents.
The very idea they thought this was a good idea tells you everything WRONG with the Left/dems and this administration.

Romney mentioned this the other day, he was going to (and will likely still) hammer obama on it, as the GOP has been doing.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:02 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

News from The Associated Press (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FARM_LABOR?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAUL T&CTIME=2012-04-26-19-44-56 - broken link)

The very idea they thought this was a good idea tells you everything WRONG with the Left/dems and this administration.

Romney mentioned this the other day, he was going to (and will likely still) hammer obama on it, as the GOP has been doing.
Once again, Obama shows his lack of backbone. That's the one thing I don't like about him...he's afraid of a fight.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,123,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Under heavy pressure from farm groups, the Obama administration said Thursday it would drop an unpopular plan to prevent children from doing hazardous work on farms owned by anyone other than their parents.

What's so wrong about it? They don't allow children to operate forklifts, trash compactors, etc. in the back of big box stores, grocery stores, walmarts, etc.. Have to be over 18 I believe. Furthermore, as I bolded, the plan allowed for children to be able to do hazardous work on farms owned by parents.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Again, people believing a complete load of Manure. Manure is the right word here. You can know for sure whan Alaska Barbie chimes in that it's nothing but complete Bull ****e.

This proposal would prohibit nothing at all by kids working on their own family farms, that's just the first fallacy the goofballs got wrong. It would not prevent kids from working on other people's farm either but it would proscribe some DANGEROUS activities. Like working in inclosed spaces, driving tractors that lack safety devices and other such things that have killed and maimed enough kids already.

I really have to give it to the anti Obama crowd. When they have reached what must be the bottom of the bottom with their lies, misrepresentations and just plain stupidity they pull another load of BS out of their bottomless hat of ignorance and inane crap.

Do these people not realize that the garbage they talk day after day after day just well illustrates the complete and utter lack of anything of substance they can add to the public discourse??????? It's a very serious matter that when even their so called leaders do not rise much higher either.

Cut taxes DUH, Cut programmes DUH, Bomb Iran DUH,
I tell ya, GW Bush looked like a genius beside this crop and Bushy surely isn't the sharpest tool in the shed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:19 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,539,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Again, people believing a complete load of Manure. Manure is the right word here. You can know for sure whan Alaska Barbie chimes in that it's nothing but complete Bull ****e.

This proposal would prohibit nothing at all by kids working on their own family farms, that's just the first fallacy the goofballs got wrong. It would not prevent kids from working on other people's farm either but it would proscribe some DANGEROUS activities. Like working in inclosed spaces, driving tractors that lack safety devices and other such things that have killed and maimed enough kids already.

I really have to give it to the anti Obama crowd. When they have reached what must be the bottom of the bottom with their lies, misrepresentations and just plain stupidity they pull another load of BS out of their bottomless hat of ignorance and inane crap.

Worse, it appears the Hysteria Brigade has won this round, in spite of the fact that their position wasn't backed by anything other than blatant Obamaphobia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies