Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 03:09 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,999,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
I read a wonderful story about gay marriage being allowed in Missisippi and gays being allowed to adopt and being treated as full members of society with the same dignity as everyone else. Wait, that didnt't happen, that state has the same disgusting bigotry as if it were the 1950's. The black people and the white people are equally stupid and backwards yet still hate each other despite having more in common with each other than anyone else. Being intellectual makes you a pariah of society who will not have any friends. Need I provide you more to read about Mississippi?
No, but you need to read more yourself. I doubt you will, however since you have made it abundantly clear that you are not interested in actually learning anything, but wish to stay comfortably esconsed behind your preconceptions about the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,849,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
the way that they talk, for one.
And the things they write...

Old 05-17-2012, 03:49 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, but you need to read more yourself. I doubt you will, however since you have made it abundantly clear that you are not interested in actually learning anything, but wish to stay comfortably esconsed behind your preconceptions about the state.
Regarding IQs, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont are at the high end, and California, Louisiana, and Mississippi are at the low end.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Regarding IQs, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Vermont are at the high end, and California, Louisiana, and Mississippi are at the low end.
Link please - or at least some citation to a study that I can read to verify your claim? A claim which by the way, has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand even if it happens to be true.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Link please - or at least some citation to a study that I can read to verify your claim? A claim which by the way, has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand even if it happens to be true.
Global Smarts: Why Average IQ Is Higher in Some Places | Global Intelligence Distribution & Infectious Diseases | LiveScience

Old 05-17-2012, 04:13 PM

You are citing a study that correlates infectious disease with geographical IQ levels as ammunition in a thread about attitudes towards LGBT lifestyles?

Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM

1,346 posts, read 3,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Funny thing about all of this....if you are a left winger in favor of gay marriage, then you consider yourself to be 'enlightened' and 'tolerant' and 'accepting of freedom for all'....and that same left wing 'tolerant' soul will attack a Christian in the most vicious way with name calling and denegration in any way shape or form.

Conversely, you never hear a left winger say a negative word about a muslim....or what is done to gays in the middle east...or to women for that matter. No....in the left wingers myopic viewpoint, on Christians should be attacked.

I find all of that very telling of the mindset of the average liberal. Generally speaking, liberals are 'tolerant' as long as your view mirrors theirs. If not...you are a loser...a nazi....a bigot...a homophobe....etc.

To me, that is why I generally pay no attention to the opinions of left wingers. To me, they are the most narrow minded people on the face of the Earth. Not to mention....their ideology is mainly what has this country in the horrible mess we find ourselves in.
YES!!!! It always amazes me that the most 'open minded' people are only that way when it agrees with THEIR beliefs.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
You are citing a study that correlates infectious disease with geographical IQ levels as ammunition in a thread about attitudes towards LGBT lifestyles?
You asked.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep
Funny thing about all of this....if you are a left winger in favor of gay marriage, then you consider yourself to be 'enlightened' and 'tolerant' and 'accepting of freedom for all'....and that same left wing 'tolerant' soul will attack a Christian in the most vicious way with name calling and denegration in any way shape or form.

Conversely, you never hear a left winger say a negative word about a muslim....or what is done to gays in the middle east...or to women for that matter. No....in the left wingers myopic viewpoint, on Christians should be attacked.

I find all of that very telling of the mindset of the average liberal. Generally speaking, liberals are 'tolerant' as long as your view mirrors theirs. If not...you are a loser...a nazi....a bigot...a homophobe....etc.

To me, that is why I generally pay no attention to the opinions of left wingers. To me, they are the most narrow minded people on the face of the Earth. Not to mention....their ideology is mainly what has this country in the horrible mess we find ourselves in.
Total unadulterated bull crap...Not even worth my time to reply to.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You asked.
Yes I did - and you have demonstrated your willingness to be disingenuous when citing scientific studies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies