Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 10:31 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Your not worth the effort anymore. After reading your other irrational responses.

Translated to truth: "You got me, I was wrong and can't answer".

LOL! So brave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:48 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
No I think the translation is your a complete and utter waste of time to converse with. Yep now back to your ranting that makes no sense.

Old 05-25-2012, 12:03 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,845,038 times
My Marine daughter went through the exact same training as the males in boot. She carried her pack and M16 for 48 miles and 36 stations during the crucible and then similarly through Marine Combat Training. It may be different in other branches, but there are plenty of female Marines that could handle combat roles imo. With that said, I would rather she stay far away from the front lines as a parent, but I am sure she could do the job if called upon.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:29 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
My Marine daughter went through the exact same training as the males in boot. She carried her pack and M16 for 48 miles and 36 stations during the crucible and then similarly through Marine Combat Training. It may be different in other branches, but there are plenty of female Marines that could handle combat roles imo. With that said, I would rather she stay far away from the front lines as a parent, but I am sure she could do the job if called upon.
I guarantee you that she did not go through the same training. The Marine Corps has a completely separate boot camp for women. Entry qualifications and training requirements for women were significantly lowered by the Carter administration in order to recruit more women into the military.

I served with the 1st Marine Division, 1st FSSG, 7th Engineer Battalion from 1972 through 1980, so I have some idea of what training was like both before and after Carter.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
As long as women can live up to the exact same physical demands as the men, I have no problem with it.

No "well you only have to do 30 "girl" push ups", or that you get 30 minutes to run two miles, the men get 15.

Crap like that. Equal responsibility means equal tasks.

But if you can't hack the same standard physically, then don't come crying to me about not being in combat.

Old 05-25-2012, 02:01 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, there is , Ohcrusty old army guy

And some women can do it and some MEN CAN'T.

So why discriminate against women...women have served this country, died for it, been maimed and ruined for it...they have EQUAL BLOODY RIGHTS to do anythng men can OR CANNOT do.

You sound like some 19th century gray beard who said women didn't have the brains to understand business or politics.

IF women can't serve their country EQUALLY as full citizens then they shouldn't be TAXED like full citizens!

Your total disrespect for our female troops who have sacrificed much for YOUR country is sickening!!!!
How can you possibly get out of those posts what you are insinuating? You completely drove off the road.

What will likely happen is that when women can't pass the strength requirement there will then be "quotas". We've seen this in the past. One set for women and one for men.

Old 05-25-2012, 04:12 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,845,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I guarantee you that she did not go through the same training. The Marine Corps has a completely separate boot camp for women. Entry qualifications and training requirements for women were significantly lowered by the Carter administration in order to recruit more women into the military.

I served with the 1st Marine Division, 1st FSSG, 7th Engineer Battalion from 1972 through 1980, so I have some idea of what training was like both before and after Carter.
For your era, that is correct. They now go through the same recruit training with the same standards at Parris Island (all women go to PI). They do the obstacle courses, MCMAP, firing range, warrior training and crucible in conjunction with the male platoons. The only difference is on the PFT, women do not have to do the pullups the men do, but a bar hang. Now, neither the men or women do the same training you would have done, but it is equal in todays standards. Yours was probably quite a bit tougher, but theirs is longer. Beyond boot, obviously she did not go to through SOI as she is not allowed so the training diverges there. Of course, many males do not go through it either.

Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
For your era, that is correct. They now go through the same recruit training with the same standards at Parris Island (all women go to PI). They do the obstacle courses, MCMAP, firing range, warrior training and crucible in conjunction with the male platoons. The only difference is on the PFT, women do not have to do the pullups the men do, but a bar hang. Now, neither the men or women do the same training you would have done, but it is equal in todays standards. Yours was probably quite a bit tougher, but theirs is longer. Beyond boot, obviously she did not go to through SOI as she is not allowed so the training diverges there. Of course, many males do not go through it either.
Basic infantry training was part of boot camp, for the males. All males graduate Marine boot camp with a basic MOS of 0311 (Infantryman). Infantry training comes during the Third Phase of boot camp, which includes the gas chamber, live-fire obstacle training, close-quarters combat training, and a three day mock engagement. Then those males who are actually assigned to an infantry unit go through additional training when they reach their permanent party, the SOI. I was assigned the MOS 1391 (Bulkfuelman) after boot camp and did not have to go through the additional infantry training.

As far as duration is concerned, Marine boot camp is 80 training days. That does not include the time it takes to form the platoon. When I went through boot camp I had to wait 16 days before a platoon was formed, making my boot camp a total duration of 96 days. We started with 80 people in our platoon, and graduated with 46.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:02 PM

5,653 posts, read 5,155,431 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/milit...-infantry.html

Have a look at this if your interested in the views of many ex and current servicemen on the issue.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,761 times
Quote:
It is amusing that those who have never been in the Infantry seem to believe they are experts on what is needed in being part of the Infantry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies