Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 11:53 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
If we ever do have another draft, it will be of interesting note that it was women that sued for this equality, not men.
Even if we don't have a draft, if this goes through ALL women should have to register, just like men have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Equal pay equal risk.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I think that women should be able to serve in combat, or any other "male" job, as log as they pass the same standards as the men.
I can get on board with that......"pass the same standards as the men".

Old 05-24-2012, 12:36 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,405,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
U.S. News - Female soldiers sue to lift combat ban 'solely on the basis of sex'

As long as they can do the job, they should be allowed to fight in combat, right?
I think women should be allowed in all physical jobs..military, FBI, police, fireperson(?)...as long as they pass "the same" tests the are required for the men. I don't think the tests should be different because they are a woman. Same test, same job, same starting pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Pilot yes. SEAL don't think so. They don't accept women.
They should...but only if they can qualify.

Quote:
These women have no idea what they are asking for. Ask the men that have been in combat and they will tell you that it is nothing that you want to be involved in. They have this pie in the sky notion that it's a piece of cake. When they get there they will wish that it never happened. Be careful what you wish for.........you may get it.
Most young men don't know what they could get involved with. War is not like our video games and tv. A lot more innocent people get killed than we ever hear about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
sure they do. They are asking for more taxpayer money and are willing to kill to get it.
In some cases....I call those the "nuke em" crowd and the ra rah's who hopefully karma pays a visit to.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:45 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,096,832 times
I have no problem with them fighting, but they cannot have the standards lowered just to fill a quota.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,214,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
I have no problem with them fighting, but they cannot have the standards lowered just to fill a quota.
Absolutely!!! Team members depend upon each other and all should have passed the same standards of fitness.

Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Being that women ARE serving in combat rolls I say yes, (that is a change for me) but under one condition, they have no special limitations because they are a woman. As an Army 11B, I really do not see why any sane woman would want to be in one of the four Army combat MOS's, but if they can do the job without any help or special rules for them then I say go for it. I would go one further, since we no longer have true front lines in todays warfare train all Army troops just as Marines are trained, some of the tragic encounters between non-combat troops and the enemy show that they are not nearly trained well enough to perform their mission.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well the article stated women are already involved in combat although it is not listed as their role and that "More than 800 women have been wounded and more than 130 killed in fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, the lawsuit said." I agree with WhoMe in that women have always been involved in combat to some extent.

In the photos the women were holding some pretty big guns. How often do you think the battle comes down to actual hand to hand combat? Is superior upper body strength really all that important in todays combat?
Excellent points! Especially about guns...if ya can lift it, ya can shoot it.

Stamina is important as well....and women have MUCH more than men.

These chest beating jerks who say women shouldn't be in combat or in this or in that and women they better do this or that or harrumph...

Well, those creeps should be forced to say it face to face with women who have suffered loss of limbs and other wounds in war...they should say it to the faces of their grieving loved ones whose wife or daughter came home in a casket because they were protecting those misogynistic chest beater's freedom and liberty.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
These women have no idea what they are asking for. Ask the men that have been in combat and they will tell you that it is nothing that you want to be involved in. They have this pie in the sky notion that it's a piece of cake. When they get there they will wish that it never happened. Be careful what you wish for.........you may get it.
What's even worse is if the enemy gets them, wonder if that comes to mind. I couldn't imagine the torture a women American solider would endure under the Taliban.

Old 05-24-2012, 02:20 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Excellent points! Especially about guns...if ya can lift it, ya can shoot it.

Stamina is important as well....and women have MUCH more than men.

These chest beating jerks who say women shouldn't be in combat or in this or in that and women they better do this or that or harrumph...

Well, those creeps should be forced to say it face to face with women who have suffered loss of limbs and other wounds in war...they should say it to the faces of their grieving loved ones whose wife or daughter came home in a casket because they were protecting those misogynistic chest beater's freedom and liberty.
Did you ever think some men care that women are more important in life than being at war.........

I agree with you if a women can lift the gun she can shoot it, but for some men they would rather not be protecting the women from the enemy, nothing to do with......... chest beating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies