Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 04:17 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I prefer to put the blame on BIG GOVERNMENT and those that believe more government is the solution to every problem. We should eliminate all race questions on all government documents.
Exactly right.

It's fine if people want to sit around and go over what they think is their ethnic or racial ancestry -- try to figure out their family tree but that's all it should be about.

As far as the government, it should be eliminated from all government forms. There is absolutely no good reason for the government to keep track. Even there, all race really is is the box you decided to check, it's not as though they're going to make you prove it which is why I leave it unchecked on the census and check other if I'm told I have to check a box. They can scratch their heads over what other means.

When census workers show up, you just tell them that you answered the required questions and race is none of their business.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:22 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
You need an even bigger lesson in biology. From a biological standpoint there is no such thing as race. Race is social construct with the principle purpose of creating a social hierarchy whereby one group based on genetic phenotype is accorded higher social status, privilege and and opportunity compared to other groups.
I'm guessing you ingested a heavy dose of the liberal kool-aid supplied to you at public school.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

By the way, "government" is a social construct as well, that doesn't mean there is no such thing as government. Same goes for concepts such as "father", "brother", "family", "clan", etc.

Old 05-28-2012, 06:56 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
But explain to me how advocating for the rights of Black American like the NAACP...
Apparently you've never seen them in action. Bring a barf bag.

Quote:
... or the Urban Leagues promotes racial division?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnati Enquirer July 10, 2001
In a move designed “to make a point,” one judge ordered three convicted fel ons each to pay $167,757 to a Deveroes clothing store, even though it's unlikely the felons could ever make payments. Deveroes, one of the most heavily looted businesses in the riots, was named as a victim in 25 of the 66 felony cases
Oh, yes, the horror...the horror...all of those poor impoverished black kids living in Suburbia in their McMansions with college educated mommies and daddies and going to ritzy suburban schools raiding Deveroes and stealing hip-hop clothes so they could walk around with their pants down at their knees.

I see that everyday. Even now, looking down the alley at the street. If you teach in the public schools, you'd see it every day too. Can't say anything negative about it, because, you know, that would be like, um, "culturally insensitive" and I would be accused of cultural genocide and labeled a racist by the NAACP.

The Urban League is a wonderful organization. You can sit in on their meetings and discuss problems at length, and never once will they point the finger at slavery or Whites (and I guess now at Native Americans who owned Black slaves) or scream "racism."

When we had riots here in Cincinnati, it was the NAACP who fanned the flames, saying the youth were justified in "swarming" on Deveroes and stealing hip-hop clothing because of slavery.

The Urban League was calling for come and for everyone step back a minute and think, and they were trying to work with police and city and community leaders.

Quote:
And by the way none of the groups you mentioned are part of "Big Government".
How do you know those groups aren't funded by the CIA or other agencies within the government? Did you do an off-the-books audit? I guess you never read The Church Committee Report.

Quote:
You need an even bigger lesson in biology.
And you need lessons in physiology (the branch of biology that deals with the normal functions of living organisms and their parts) and morphology (the branch of biology that deals with the form of living organisms, and with relationships between their structures).

With a little practice, any moron can look at skeletal remains and determine:

1] Relative age group; and
2] Gender; and
3] Race

Caucasoid skeletons are readily distinguishable from all other races, and thus the easiest to identify. The next easiest are the Negroid and Mongoloid races. It takes some practice in learning to differentiate between the Aboriginoids and the Melanoids and sometimes between Negroids, Mongoloids, Aboriginoids and Melanoids.

Biologically...

Mircea

Old 05-28-2012, 08:19 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
That sounds really good on a post card.

But the undeniable fact of the matter is that the social structure of America was built on racial separation and it still affects how Americans relate to each other today. That is NOT going to change anytime soon. If fact with the coming demographic changes over the next 30 to 40 years race and how we deal with it is going to be the biggest social issue confronting the United States.
Well put a stamp on it and mail it nation wide then.

The only reason it will be an issue, or that it has been an issue (problem unsolved) is because people want it to be. For the life of me I can not understand why. Stupidity comes into it though.

Now if people would stand united by the soil of the country rather than divided by their skin tone, we might get somewhere and produce a positive rather than negative out come. Now, wouldn't that be strange.

People could change hearts and minds and lead by example, rather than going along with the status quo of the day. Be bold, be different...it's a dare.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:53 PM

983 posts, read 3,599,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
I'd like some opinions here. Do you think the "One Drop Rule" still applies here in the U.S.?

Not officially, but I think it pretty much still applies. So yes.

-And if not who is Black here in America?

1) Someone who identifies themself as Black
2) Someone who general Americans would consider to be Black

-Can person classified as "Black" choose to be "White" if he/she has enough Causasian blood?

They can, though I doubt it is possible if they don't look White enough.

-Any why are people who have heavy amounts of Black ancestry (think carbbean hispanics) not viewed as Black but as White?

Not viewed as Black by whom?

Thank you in advance for your replies.
You're welcome.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:14 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
I'd like some opinions here. Do you think the "One Drop Rule" still applies here in the U.S.?

-And if not who is Black here in America?

-Can person classified as "Black" choose to be "White" if he/she has enough Causasian blood?

-Any why are people who have heavy amounts of Black ancestry (think carbbean hispanics) not viewed as Black but as White?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

The answer to you question is simple.

As long as there is one group of people that is accorded greater power, privileges, and opportunity socially, politically and economically based on race the "One Drop Rule" will exist as as way to ensure as much power, privilege and opportunity stays within that group.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:42 PM

93 posts, read 236,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's time to get the government out of race completely -- and that means no more race based affirmative action, job quotas, scholarships.

Get rid of the race box on the census and every government form. It's really the government more than anything that keeps the race thing going. Who else comes along and asks you your race?

People, please don't hijack my with this nonsense. Stick to the question please.

Old 05-28-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I'm will grant you the Black Panthers as a group the promote racial division.

But explain to me how advocating for the rights of Black American like the NAACP or the Urban Leagues promotes racial division?

And by the way none of the groups you mentioned are part of "Big Government".
Again, please keep politics out of this thread!!

Thanks

Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM

[quote=JazzyTallGuy;24497379]That sounds really good on a post card.

But the undeniable fact of the matter is that the social structure of America was built on racial separation and it still affects how Americans relate to each other today. That is NOT going to change anytime soon. [quote]

Are you sure about this? I remember seeing a study in the USA today that stated in 2008 22% of Black men married a non Black women. Stack that on top on many mixed race children born out of wedlock. Many mixed race and biracial children aren't necessarily considered African American as was the custom years ago. The majority are product of BM/WW unions, they usually wind up being raised in mostly white environments usually by White mothers and relatives. I'm seeing future with "buffer race" being formed like the "Cape Coloureds" of South Africa.

Old 05-28-2012, 10:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
I've got a question here: some people with very dark skin ain't of Sub Saharan family like East Indians and many Aborigines from Aus. Would they still be "Black" in the US? I ask cause 1 time I saw a dude with skin the color of a car tire but with straight hair and "white" face features. I think he was East Indian but wasn't sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies