Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
really? then why was I called "blackie" "black *****" by mixed/biracials? In adulthood, I had a biracial woman who didn't like me for no reason and said that I was "black ass hell". No one talks about that. It's usually the darkskin people giving the lightskin biracial people preference in the family.

First, the reason a handful of mulattoes hate on blacks is because they were abandoned by their black fathers and they are projecting. Second, from what I've seen, being mixed in a black family isn't easy...my own aunt called me a "little half breed brat" and my father treated my all black half sister better than me, because she was the "perfect specimen of the African Master Race" while I was just the freak with nappy hair.

It is less usual for mixed people to hate blacks, because doing so means they hate on half of their family. Blacks can hate mulattoes without a second thought, because most of them have no white in their families.

Old 05-30-2012, 10:56 PM

93 posts, read 236,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
The majority of black Americans are mullato.

This is NOT true. Most Blacks in US are not Mulattoes. Where do people get this from?

Old 05-30-2012, 11:09 PM

[quote=victorianpunk;24514148]Exactly. One thing people forget about American slavery is that it had something not in common with slavery in Latin America, and that is America had less slaves. If a white man or a white woman had a child by a slave in Brazil, oh well, the little mixed kid is free, and another one of the many slaves coming in from the Portuguese colonies of Angola or Mozambique would replace them...in America, there weren't enough slaves to meet the demand, and hence all people with any slave ancestry were slaves.

Funny, the slaves masters said blacks couldn't learn to read, but no blacks today embrace that law. They said blacks couldn't use or own firearms or drink, and no blacks today follow that law. BUT, they had the one drop rule, and blacks more than whites follow that law today:

Daily Number: Is Obama Black? - Pew Research Center

Quote:
So, how is NOT DOING WHAT "MASSA" TOLD ME TO DO MAKING ME AN "UNCLE TOM"?! Many blacks say I am because I openly say I am mixed race. Genetically, I am more European than black (I think it said 56% European markers) and I look Dominican more than black American.

In America, the "one drop rule" matters...but only in America. Every African I know says I am not black but mixed, every European the same thing, and Latinos don't consider me black either. Once again, much like not using the Metric system, America is behind in the rest of the world.
I think the issue with you is that you don't identify as or with Black Americans which is your personal choice. However many people even lighter than you do. So again you may have the color but none of the consciousness or culture.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post

I think the issue with you is that you don't identify as or with Black Americans which is your personal choice. However many people even lighter than you do. So again you may have the color but none of the consciousness or culture.
Being "light skinned" does not equal mixed, as many blacks came to America already somewhat light (Igbos, Afro-Arab mixed people etc)

Second, I don't have the culture, I agree...who wants to have THIS as "their culture"?

Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Old 05-30-2012, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Exactly. One thing people forget about American slavery is that it had something not in common with slavery in Latin America, and that is America had less slaves. If a white man or a white woman had a child by a slave in Brazil, oh well, the little mixed kid is free, and another one of the many slaves coming in from the Portuguese colonies of Angola or Mozambique would replace them...in America, there weren't enough slaves to meet the demand, and hence all people with any slave ancestry were slaves.

Funny, the slaves masters said blacks couldn't learn to read, but no blacks today embrace that law. They said blacks couldn't use or own firearms or drink, and no blacks today follow that law. BUT, they had the one drop rule, and blacks more than whites follow that law today:

Daily Number: Is Obama Black? - Pew Research Center

So, how is NOT DOING WHAT "MASSA" TOLD ME TO DO MAKING ME AN "UNCLE TOM"?! Many blacks say I am because I openly say I am mixed race. Genetically, I am more European than black (I think it said 56% European markers) and I look Dominican more than black American.

In America, the "one drop rule" matters...but only in America. Every African I know says I am not black but mixed, every European the same thing, and Latinos don't consider me black either. Once again, much like not using the Metric system, America is behind in the rest of the world.
[quote=victorianpunk;24514260]That is false. Mulatto is fifty percent or higher European blood, and that is not most black Americans:

Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

That is also false. Mixed people fought and one the right to be counted in the census.

Multiracial no longer boxed in by the Census - USATODAY.com

Quote:
He lived his entire life black because he was one of the lucky ones who could pass as either race. He is very dark skinned, so he can pass as black. Others are very light skinned and can pass as white. I am neither, and hence faced discrimination from both blacks and whites. I have had white people yell "N****!" and throw bottles at me out of a speeding car when I was just eight years old. I had blacks call me a "Dominican looking yellow piece of S***!" and attack me when I was twelve.

Obama is a chump and a failure for many reasons. One of the reasons I can't stand him is because he seems ashamed of being mixed. He is just as black as he is white, and belongs to both and neither at the same time, as do we all.

There is nothing wrong with being mixed, despite what some whites AND blacks will tell you.
You seem to have a serious chip toward those who self identify as Black.
What you have gone thru many darkskinned African featured Blacks have gone thru as well. I can remember some Haitians that were tormented in high school for being too dark.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
I've wondered that too. Funny thing is, they are the more removed from Africans than Europeans are, and yet they are blacker than black black...

I showed these people to an African friend of mine and he couldn't believe it: someone darker than the darkest Bantus, the Adamanese people of the Indian Ocean:

And yet they are closer genetically to Tibetans than to Africans.

That's because the ARE BLACK. However this an whole other issues aside from the ODR.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
First, the reason a handful of mulattoes hate on blacks is because they were abandoned by their black fathers and they are projecting. Second, from what I've seen, being mixed in a black family isn't easy...my own aunt called me a "little half breed brat" and my father treated my all black half sister better than me, because she was the "perfect specimen of the African Master Race" while I was just the freak with nappy hair.
Your story is unusual.

In most Black families, the mixed children are adored and given preferential treatment. They are spoken highly of because of their 'lightskin' and 'good hair'. If blacks hated mulattoes so much, then we wouldn't be mix as much as we do. With every generation we get lighter and lighter, so how could we despise mulattos so much ? You aren't making any sense

Quote:
It is less usual for mixed people to hate blacks, because doing so means they hate on half of their family. Blacks can hate mulattoes without a second thought, because most of them have no white in their families.
Again, this makes no sense. The number of black poeple in your family doesn't prevent you from hating on your own kind. And biracials have just as many black family members as they do white. Some can choose to associate more with one side than the other. There are some Black American families that are predominantly mixed and don't have any full black relatives (think Creoles who did not reproduce with darkskin black people)

But there are plenty of mixed/mulattoes who are bigots and prejudiced against darkskin 'full black' people. I've have the displeasure of being around them

Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
Your story is unusual.

In most Black families, the mixed children are adored and given preferential treatment. They are spoken highly of because of their 'lightskin' and 'good hair'. If blacks hated mulattoes so much, then we wouldn't be mix as much as we do. With every generation we get lighter and lighter, so how could we despise mulattos so much ? You aren't making any sense
"GOOD HAIR"?! Mixed hair is a nappy mess...my own aunt YELLED AT ME because my hair couldn't braid properly the one time she tried to give me cornrows (like I decided my hair would be curly and nappy and not wooly and manageable)

And the reason blacks have mixed with them is because so many black men look at mixed women as sex toys who exist only for their pleasures. Just as Kanye West:

Kanye West: mixed race women are “mutts” and exist solely for music videos | Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture

They "adore" mixed women about the same amount as the slave masters did, i.e., "screw em and leave em"

Quote:
Again, this makes no sense. The number of black poeple in your family doesn't prevent you from hating on your own kind.
It makes them less likely to hate blacks for simply being black.

Quote:
And biracials have just as many black family members as they do white. Some can choose to associate more with one side than the other. There are some Black American families that are predominantly mixed and don't have any full black relatives (think Creoles who did not reproduce with darkskin black people)
Then they AREN'T BLACK! Only in America are brown people called black. In Brazil, they are Pardo, in the Caribbean, Mulatto, in South Africa, Coloured, etc. They are mixed people...if I had a child by a mixed woman, are kid would also be mixed.

Quote:
But there are plenty of mixed/mulattoes who are bigots and prejudiced against darkskin 'full black' people. I've have the displeasure of being around them
And there are plenty of "Pure African supermen" who are prejudiced and bigoted against mixed race people, and I have had the displeasure of growing up around them and having them in my own family.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Oh, and the generalization that whites are often racist is okay?

This is something that has been known for some time, just google it. Just as many but not all whites are racist, many but now all black girls are mean towards mixed girls.
Vpunk,this goes both ways. Many mixed people internalize racist attitudes toward Blacks. Sometimes that soak up that "you're better than Blacks" talk they get from whites and latinos and try to regurgitate it in the faces of Black people.

Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I think a lot has to do with skin color.kinky hair and so on would be wise to NOT call himself "Black" cause most "real" Black people wouldn't see him as a brotha.

You really don't know what you talking about here. You've been seriously misinformed. There are many lightskinned blacks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies