Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2012, 12:11 AM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Stress View Post
You really don't know what you talking about here. You've been seriously misinformed. There are many lightskinned blacks

Few blacks look mixed, and mixed people look different from light skinned blacks...does Vin Diesel look black?

Most "brothas" who don't know me assume I'm Latino or Indian.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:14 AM

93 posts, read 236,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk;24536000[QUOTE
]"GOOD HAIR"?! Mixed hair is a nappy mess...my own aunt YELLED AT ME because my hair couldn't braid properly the one time she tried to give me cornrows (like I decided my hair would be curly and nappy and not wooly and manageable)

And the reason blacks have mixed with them is because so many black men look at mixed women as sex toys who exist only for their pleasures. Just as Kanye West:

Kanye West: mixed race women are “mutts” and exist solely for music videos | Racialicious - the intersection of race and pop culture

They "adore" mixed women about the same amount as the slave masters did, i.e., "screw em and leave em"

V punk, It seems you fallen for the lie that is White supremacy is as well.
You see Blackness in the context of rap music of all things(shessh!) Have ever pick up a book about true Black history that doesn't revolve around slavery?

Did know in rap was a somewhat better representation of Black life until the mid 90's? Then the major corporations started with the shiny suits and racially ambiguous models some how became the focus over the music and the message. It's all a ruse Vpunk.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 AM

93 posts, read 236,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Being "light skinned" does not equal mixed, as many blacks came to America already somewhat light (Igbos, Afro-Arab mixed people etc)

Second, I don't have the culture, I agree...who wants to have THIS as "their culture"?

Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Where do you do live that you have never met an African American person that was mixed over multiple generations?

Old 05-31-2012, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Where do you do live that you have never met an African American person that was mixed over multiple generations?
Again, for the tenth time, most black Americans are mostly (like 75-80 percent) black.

Quote:
Shriver pointed out, "There is a very small degree of overlap in the population distributions." In America, most of the whites are extremely European and most of the blacks are quite African.
Quote:
Earlier, cruder studies, done before direct genetic testing was feasible, suggested that African-Americans were 25 or even 30 percent white. Shriver's project is not complete, but with data from 25 sites already in, he is coming up with 17-18 percent white ancestry among African-Americans. That's the equivalent of 106 of those 128 of your ancestors from seven generations ago having been Africans and 22 Europeans.
Race Now: #2: How White Are Blacks? How Black Are Whites? by Steve Sailer for UPI; Mark. D. Shriver, admixture, genetic, gene, race, miscegenation, African-American, passing, Sally Hemmings

So, there is a firm genetic difference between being 18% European and being 56% European (like me)

But it's not just genetic, it is cultural too. A kid who was raised by his white mother in a mostly white neighborhood in a mostly white school IS JUST GOING TO BE DIFFERENT THAN A BLACK GUY WHO GREW UP IN THE MISSISSIPPI DELTA! (often called "the black belt")

Mixed race people have a DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE than blacks do...why is that so hard for blacks to understand?

You don't see white people pushing the one drop crap nearly as much as you do black people...AND THAT IS A FACT!

Quote:
Offered a choice, most blacks (55%) say Obama is black, while about a third (34%) say he is mixed race. Among whites, the pattern is reversed. Most (53%) say he is mixed race, while just a quarter (24%) say he is black. Hispanics are even more inclined than whites to see him as mixed race; 61% do so.
Daily Number: Is Obama Black? - Pew Research Center

Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM

[quote=Philly Stress;24536181]
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

V punk, It seems you fallen for the lie that is White supremacy is as well.
You see Blackness in the context of rap music of all things(shessh!) Have ever pick up a book about true Black history that doesn't revolve around slavery?
I know more about Africa than most blacks do. I did a DNA test that found I have a bunch of markers of the proud and beautiful Hausa people, a mostly Muslim group of traders and warriors who carried goods across the Sahara from Northern Nigeria and southern Niger to Arab lands in Morocco and Tunisia.

Some day I'll visit the home of our African ancestors: Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal and Gabon. I love Africa and being African...it's this modern "gangsta G" crap I hate.

Quote:
Did know in rap was a somewhat better representation of Black life until the mid 90's? Then the major corporations started with the shiny suits and racially ambiguous models some how became the focus over the music and the message. It's all a ruse Vpunk.
"was" being the operative term. They don't make music like this anymore:

Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal (HQ) - YouTube

Old 05-31-2012, 06:22 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
But some people are of only one race. Telling the truth is promoting racial division? I do however agree with your last sentence.

Yes. When the govt collects racial information it uses that information and makes society focus on that information. That promotes racial division.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

It's kind of hard to say that Christianity and Whtie supremacy are not in some way connected when the KKK does cross burnings.

So you think burning a cross is a Christian thing?

All you have shown is that some Christians are racial supremacists.

Old 05-31-2012, 06:28 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
The only race I care about is the human race. Besides all of us came out of Africa in the distant past and there is no reason to assume those people were melanin deficient.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:12 AM

2,953 posts, read 5,121,699 times
Quote:
Vpunk,this goes both ways. Many mixed people internalize racist attitudes toward Blacks. Sometimes that soak up that "you're better than Blacks" talk they get from whites and latinos and try to regurgitate it in the faces of Black people.
Yep. They are usually the ones who are racist against Black people because they have more social power than we do. An article stated that black people fall behind biracials socially. They are more favored by whites and other races

Old 05-31-2012, 07:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyanna View Post
really? then why was I called "blackie" "black *****" by mixed/biracials? In adulthood, I had a biracial woman who didn't like me for no reason and said that I was "black ass hell". No one talks about that. It's usually the darkskin people giving the lightskin biracial people preference in the family.
I've heard that too; the fair skin "Blacks" are looked at as being better even by Black people. Yep; racism is alive and well against Black people and it ain't whites behind in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies