Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 03:37 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Now you did it. Be prepared to be called an anti-American supporter and sympathizer of the enemy who cried when Osama Bin Laden was killed.
lol.. I'm ready!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 03:38 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,507,413 times
Chris Hayes is an asshat.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:40 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Now you did it. Be prepared to be called an anti-American supporter and sympathizer of the enemy who cried when Osama Bin Laden was killed.
Meh...at least no one is forced to cry or be sent to prison or be executed as happens in North Korea.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:56 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
good grief!
I am so glad that I see every one of them as hero's
I would love all of the folks here speaking such crap were dropped off in the middle of a war zone
then see how quick they would beg for our brave and our finest to come save their sorry asses!!
THEN would they be hero's????
I try to take to time when I see a solider to hug them and tell them they are my hero
and thank them for their service
have we become so frigging low class we can not even take the fact that our fallen are hero's
because they risked it all and then gave their life to serve us the country!??
the very ones saying such vile things and a solider died so you can say it!
scum, every damned one of you!

Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief!
I am so glad that I see every one of them as hero's
I would love all of the folks here speaking such crap were dropped off in the middle of a war zone
then see how quick they would beg for our brave and our finest to come save their sorry asses!!
THEN would they be hero's????
I try to take to time when I see a solider to hug them and tell them they are my hero
and thank them for their service
have we become so frigging low class we can not even take the fact that our fallen are hero's
because they risked it all and then gave their life to serve us the country!??
the very ones saying such vile things and a solider died so you can say it!
scum, every damned one of you!
I can say it. I am deeply respectful for what they did, and I think they always deserve to be treated with honor.

I'm just saying that there are heroes on the other side as well. Which side you focus on as heroic depends on the coincidence of where you happened to have been born.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:18 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yes, but recognize that if you widen your perspective just a bit, this also includes the soldiers of the enemy side as well. They didn't orchestrate the circumstances that sent them to war, but they were all human beings who fought and died for the protection of their buddies and their way of life as they knew it.
If you widen your prospective just a bit , the original war was in heaven when satan was kicked out of the kingdom. In the situation of those who want no war will have allegiance to both good and evil. Of the one third of the angels that followed Satan many were destroying angels and were locked away by God. To let evil reign and not confront it is livng in subjection of the destroyer satan.

War is hell where both sides have death and destruction. But we also must live in the real world of those who wish to destroy and conquer. Those who lust for power are in a moment on the march to destroy such as was Hitler. Before he made his move to conquer the world Hiitler was voted Man of the year by Time magazine in 1939...This evil man.

Those who say they don't like war , should also realize there are all kinds of evil in this world. If we had no jails would the predator go away or the murderers?
No.

Man without God can become the destroyer very easily.

The democrats fail to recognize or have selective memory on going into Iraq. It was the administration of President Clinton that resonated the weapons of mass destruction that Saddam had stockpiled.. that administration reported on the refusal of Saddam to let the UN inspectors in .His administration was constantly reporting on the WMD.

We have been fortunate not to have had war in our country. The threat is real as 9/11 was a wake up call to the evil that is trying to destroy us.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:49 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Perhaps if the draft were reinstituted, you would be more likely to see volunteer soldiers as heroes.
umm, that statement doesn't make sense to me?? The term "volunteer soldier" is meant to describe the servicemen who join a "volunteer" army.
You can debate whether or not we should bring back the draft, but that shouldn't change anyone's views on our current heroes.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
I do think the word "hero" is thrown around too easily. His comments were impolitic, but I don't condemn him for expressing his opinion.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:53 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,708,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
If you talk to Most veterans, they're uncomfortable with being called a hero. Some who serve in combat and received awards for their actions don't feel like heroes. Many feel others who lost their lives in combat trying to save the lives of others were the real heroes. Just because one serves doesn't necessarily mean they're a hero. Memorial Day is to honor those who fell in combat. A great way to feel such respect is to go to the website for the Medal of Honor. There you can read the true acts of heroism these men and women did to warrant their receiving this award. The standards for this award are high, so high that many received their award posthumous. Any soldier or sailor wearing this medal is to be saluted by uniformed service members of ALL ranks no matter the rank of the person wearing the award. A soldier/sailor could be an E-1, lowest rank in the military, and even a 5 star general or admiral would have to salute while he's wearing the medal. Don't know if they have such sites for the next medal down for each branch.
That may be true, but... If someone (Chris Hayes) is going out of his way to say that he won't call them a hero, then he deserves to be called out. Why didn't he just refrain from saying it at all? I think it shows us what most liberals think of our military.

Old 05-28-2012, 04:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Glad I had no idea who that person was that you are talking about. I realized a long time ago that to watch MSNBC and CNN raised my blood pressure to an unhealthy level.

While you are spouting off remember that those who died did it so you can be free to dump your trash on the rest of the country.

My Vietnam Vet husband is a Hero to me and should be to you also. He joined the Air Force to do his duty in giving service to his country. The same is true for my son who served in the Navy in Desert Storm. And my father-in-law who served in the Army voluntarily in World War II. I will add to that list my brother-in-law, and two brothers who served in Viet Nam and one of them was also in the Korean War. So why don't they want to talk about the war? Some parts of life are better forgotten when thinking about them too much causes pain. Each is a hero because they placed their lives on the line for their country.

I am going to go now and fry my hero husband a big juicy hamburger. Have a nice day and I certainly hope some of you think about what jerks you are to be so ungrateful for the service of our hero military.
Do NOT let some of these posters get you down. They do it a lot, especially if you post that a loved one or someone you know is a vet. Mention "my husband served in Vietnam" and you get a post about what a dupe they are. (No matter the forum. You could mention it in Food and they'll give you their lecture.)

It's gotten a little tiring, IMHO. I scroll right past them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies