Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 01:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
I know, but keep your church at home and out of politics and you will not have to deal with this. That is the point that ought to get thru.
Here you come again talking about religion getting involved in a discussion with The Won about religion. How do you not see that what was attempted was anything but an attempt to control religion with a law that will probably be dead in a week or two? I still think that the day he manages to force any church to accept something like what was being attempted is the day that religion of the Christian variety is dead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
She's right. And yes I am a Roman Catholic.

OBAMA 2012!!!!
Not if you do not follow chruch teachings you are not. You are a fallen member who needs to find her way back on the path lain out by the bible and the Church.

Calling yourself something and actually being a follower of Church doctrine are two entirely different things. There is no defense for abortion on demand in church teachings, especially no the Roman Catholic church.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:17 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,827,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Here you come again talking about religion getting involved in a discussion with The Won about religion. How do you not see that what was attempted was anything but an attempt to control religion with a law that will probably be dead in a week or two? I still think that the day he manages to force any church to accept something like what was being attempted is the day that religion of the Christian variety is dead.
It doesn't appears to be an issue to Catholic... heck not even to Catholic nuns. What laws are you babbling about that were written to target specific religion? Or, are you suggesting that government should provide special treatment to churches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Not if you do not follow chruch teachings you are not.
How Christian of you! Are lies and dishonesty a part of church teachings? And for that matter, is there such thing as a personal belief, or only church leaders can define who is or is not a Christian?

Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
He might. Or, he may not. People are individuals. Not everybody wants to dance at the whims of religious leaders like you do. If churches don't want government influence, they should get out of "business" of doing anything but exercising RELIGION.
Undoubtedly one of your most biased and ridiculous statements I have seen. You darned well know what kind of services to the people of the nation they would have to stop doing in order to make you and Obama happy. I wonder how many Democrat politicians would back your words and watch their jobs go down the chute.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Undoubtedly one of your most biased and ridiculous statements I have seen. You darned well know what kind of services to the people of the nation they would have to stop doing in order to make you and Obama happy. I wonder how many Democrat politicians would back your words and watch their jobs go down the chute.
Yes I'm biased. And glad to be, against all the foolishness and stupidity y'all stand for. I couldn't care less about anybody backing MY words. That your words can't stand on their own is your weakness, not a strength.

Now, why should government make special provisions to a religion when it comes to civil matters? The government is to respect personal freedoms, give THEM the choices, not some idiotic leadership defining a collective.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Pelosi is correct.

Your argument only applies to those (like you) who are governed by your religious leaders on everything, and cannot make decisions on your own.
Nancy did tell reporters that she is a Catholic on Sunday and something else the other six days. I love those people who go to church so others can see them there and go another direction on other days.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Nancy did tell reporters that she is a Catholic on Sunday and something else the other six days. I love those people who go to church so others can see them there and go another direction on other days.
Well Roy, that is something YOU do all the time but you surely have a habit of pointing fingers at everybody else.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Not if you do not follow chruch teachings you are not. You are a fallen member who needs to find her way back on the path lain out by the bible and the Church.

Calling yourself something and actually being a follower of Church doctrine are two entirely different things. There is no defense for abortion on demand in church teachings, especially no the Roman Catholic church.
First off it is not Your place to judge others, a Christian would know that.
Secondly it is a Lie, again Un-Christian by you, to claim anyone is trying to make the Church supply abortion on demand, birth control for business employees is not abortion, but it is the Law. So what is the problem if the Church is only hiring those that will abide by the teachings of the Church then none of their employees would ever use the pill. FYI, many already know that the ultimate goal of the right-to-lifers is not the end of abortion, but is in reality the end to all birth control, that is why you will never get the law overturned.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Is that right Roy, or is your reading comprehension issue kicking in again?
I see that you are still writing and I would be watching if I did that, even to you.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
It doesn't appears to be an issue to Catholic... heck not even to Catholic nuns. What laws are you babbling about that were written to target specific religion? Or, are you suggesting that government should provide special treatment to churches?

How Christian of you! Are lies and dishonesty a part of church teachings? And for that matter, is there such thing as a personal belief, or only church leaders can define who is or is not a Christian?
Are you ready for a rant? Ok here it comes. Obama did promise us that public money would not be used for abortions before that law was passed. Yes, you know what law I am talking about. He made that promise and then this spring just after the Court was a bit testy with his lawyers and he saw the handwriting on the wall he came out with that attempt to force the Catholic Church to provide birth control, including day after abortions, to its employees. If they lay down and let him steamroll them then some other Christian church will be attacked using the same law and in no time he will have Christians backed into a corner.

You are smart enough to have seen all this but you do manage to look very silly arguing the Obama side of things. He did promise that, didn't he. No forcing of tax payers having to pay for abortion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies