Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2012, 11:20 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times

Advertisements

I wish somebody would bully me on a bus on youtube.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2012, 11:21 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,208,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Why are people giving this lady money? I'm convinced people are idiots, that money could go to any charity but its going to a woman who took a verbal lashing My bus driver took a lot worse, all the verbal abuse and rubber bands and spitballs. This goes on on practically every middle and high school bus in America, i can't believe some idiots are so sheltered as to be shocked by this
What business is it of yours what other people do with their money (unless of course you're a Democrat).

Old 06-24-2012, 11:23 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Why are people giving this lady money? I'm convinced people are idiots, that money could go to any charity but its going to a woman who took a verbal lashing My bus driver took a lot worse, all the verbal abuse and rubber bands and spitballs. This goes on on practically every middle and high school bus in America, i can't believe some idiots are so sheltered as to be shocked by this
I agree.

Do you guys know the man that had his face eaten off has gotten less money from charity than this woman did?
What gives,or more importantly, is she somehow more in need than him because he was homeless?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Seriously? Its up over 700,000 dollars.

Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.

I think the kind gesture of raising 5000 for a vacation was nice, and now its out of hand

Maybe she will donate a lot to charity.....or we will see her iced out with a diamond grill
And how much was raised for the man that got his face eaten off?
a measly 11,000 dollars. He is also blind.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:28 PM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
Unfortunately this is the way things work now. If you get a lot of publicity and TREND you will get more money than will ever be necessary, If you don't....

People can give their money to who/whatever cause they like but stuff like this does highlight the sheep mentality of people.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:35 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
Personally I hope she breaks a million. Good for her and I hope she enjoys every penny.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Unfortunately this is the way things work now. If you get a lot of publicity and TREND you will get more money than will ever be necessary, If you don't....

People can give their money to who/whatever cause they like but stuff like this does highlight the sheep mentality of people.
Just read about the bus driver beaten into a coma in Nyc.

What I'm thinking is that maybe the old bus aide reminded everyone of their Grandmother.
But people don't have too much in common with the homeless guy with the face eaten off.
Maybe they think he was worthless or unworthy because he was homeless already.
I read the comments on here and other boards and they were horrible.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:06 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,008,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Why? People are willingly donating their money. That's their choice.
That's TOO much money, that's why! It wouldn't surprise me if we start seeing an "American Idol- this one better than the last one) type guilt-tripping video such as the one this lady had. If people are gullible enough to donate, I suppose that is their $$. But, it still doesn't seem right.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:18 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Just read about the bus driver beaten into a coma in Nyc.

What I'm thinking is that maybe the old bus aide reminded everyone of their Grandmother.
But people don't have too much in common with the homeless guy with the face eaten off.
Maybe they think he was worthless or unworthy because he was homeless already.
I read the comments on here and other boards and they were horrible.
The bus driver in NYC died--he was in a coma and they took him off life support. Really tragic--I think he was close to retiring before that POS who attacked him went in to a rage because he dinged his car.

The poor homeless guy--I think he lost 50 percent of his face. I couldn't even find a way to donate money to help that guy out.

On the other hand, those kids on the bus should be smacked upside the head and disciplined severely--but $700,000 for having to listen to little kids talk smack to you? Luckiest bus monitor ever at this point. Hell, I wish I could get paid 1 percent of that for every time I've had to deal with some foul-mouthed little punks in my life--let alone the times I used to babysit my cousins.

Last edited by Deezus; 06-25-2012 at 12:43 AM..

Old 06-25-2012, 12:46 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,182,049 times
Where's my $700,000 for being bullied?

Seriously though, this whole thing made me sick on both fronts. For one, the kids were being punks.

But you know what? I know kids are cruel little hellions, that's not news to me. What really made me sick was the people saying the kids deserve to die, that righteous hate/anger that ensued from the mouths of the general public. Is humanity composed entirely of people who either bully old ladies or people who wish to execute young children? I sure hope not, if that's true, lend me a spaceship please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies