Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 12:48 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,182,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What I'm thinking is that maybe the old bus aide reminded everyone of their Grandmother.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 12:49 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,182,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

On the other hand, those kids on the bus should be smacked upside the head and disciplined severely--but $700,000 for having to listen to little kids talk smack to you? Luckiest bus monitor ever at this point. Hell, I wish I could get paid 1 percent of that for every time I've had to deal with some foul-mouthed little punks in my life--let alone the times I used to babysit my cousins.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:51 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,333,540 times
I have no problem with it if she receives a cool million or more. The way I see it, if anyone deserves a lottery ticket, it's an older woman who's lived life by the book and who had nothing but torment for it for years. I just hope the Canuck who's raising these funds actually pays her out and does something noble with the money. I'm sure it's tempting to sit on a pile of cash like that, but it ain't his money.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:55 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Haters gotta Hate!!!!
I was thinking the same thing...

Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I wish somebody would bully me on a bus on youtube.
I'll bully you. We'll get somebody to film it, somebody
else to set up the website and we'll all get rich.
Seriously, I'm glad the lady can retire now,
but this has opportunity written all over it.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 AM

30,360 posts, read 51,970,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
She deserves every bit of it.
So do millions of other people in the world, including our school teachers who put up with this crap daily (from both children & adults) - and get paid pennies for their trouble. I'm happy this poor woman is getting some compensation, but also hope she has the heart to donate a portion to worthy charities/people. IMO that would be the right thing to do, given that she'll probably receive over $1M by the time this ends.

Old 06-25-2012, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I'll bully you. We'll get somebody to film it, somebody
else to set up the website and we'll all get rich.
Seriously, I'm glad the lady can retire now,
but this has opportunity written all over it.
I know, right?? I was bullied a fair amount growing up, and nobody paid ME a million dollars for it... sheesh, I was born in the wrong era!

Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
What I'm thinking is that maybe the old bus aide reminded everyone of their Grandmother.
But people don't have too much in common with the homeless guy with the face eaten off.
Maybe they think he was worthless or unworthy because he was homeless already.
I read the comments on here and other boards and they were horrible.
Exactly. She is "relate-able," and as you said reminds people of their grandmother. People are less sympathetic to a homeless man, who they'd most likely step over in the streets. Sad, huh?

Reminds me of this old graphic: http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/p/image...schrist_lg.jpg

Old 06-25-2012, 01:26 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Personally I hope she breaks a million. Good for her and I hope she enjoys every penny.
But what about the guy who got his face ate at? Is he simply less worthy due to his dubious past?

Old 06-25-2012, 02:05 AM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But what about the guy who got his face ate at? Is he simply less worthy due to his dubious past?
Start a charity for him? I'll donate to it.

People aren't picking and choosing. They see the video, feel sorry for her, and want to donate some money. It's not like a website shows both of their stories, and then says "All right, now who do you want to donate to?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies