Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
That was some real Lord of the Flies stuff there. No doubt.
This is reality in many public schools today. Respect for authority is not taught at home or school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,728,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I wish somebody would bully me on a bus on youtube.
Yes, me too -- all you have to is sit there like a potted fern, never doing anything to stop the abuse, if she was paid to be the bus monitor, she wasn't exactly up to the job or doing it. Heck -- I could do that. Then people can send their money to me.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:39 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
It is their money.

They can spend it on what they wish.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
This is reality in many public schools today. Respect for authority is not taught at home or school.
I quite agree. This is a variation of what goes on in schools today.
Too many people think this is a one off edge case. While this one may be extreme, it's indicative of what is going on.

How many stories have you seen regarding school bus drivers having issues with kids ?
Do you know the turnover rate for school bus drivers ?

You have enough kids out of control that's it's a brewing problem.
And an adult's hands are tied. The kids know this. The punishment for actions like this are mild. Suspension..whoop-de-do. That's 3-5 days OFF for these kids.

It's a growing trend. It's not "bullying in the schools", it's "kids gone wild".

Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 AM

13,429 posts, read 9,962,678 times
She didn't ask for money. It's a way for people to show support and express disgust.

Seems a little mean spirited that you can't be happy for her and feel the need to put some sort of cap on it.

Is it just human nature to take a positive event and make up a bunch of negatives?

Or to make it clear that you don't think it's fair because you have bills and nobody gives you any money? Or that you were bullied and nobody cared about you? Or that she got money and someone else didn't, therefore how dare she enjoy it?

The Wah factor is strong in this thread, jeez.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is sad,and I'm sure he could use a million for his medical bills. A million probably won't even cover half of his medical bills.

Sorry,I'm just so upset that someone is in pain and will never see again while another gets to go on a vacation and retirement when she didn't suffer any physical pain.
It's the fickle finger of fate.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:49 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
OH SWEET JEEESUS!

All the whing and crying because somebody else got some money which

REMEMBER: SHE DIDN'T ASK FOR !

So, no, she doesn't have to give it to charity or anything or anyone else, it's HER'S.

If people are generous enough or stupid enough or rich enough to give her money of their own free will....only a blubbering, jealous spoiled brat would complain...

Old 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OH SWEET JEEESUS!

All the whing and crying because somebody else got some money which

REMEMBER: SHE DIDN'T ASK FOR !

So, no, she doesn't have to give it to charity or anything or anyone else, it's HER'S.

If people are generous enough or stupid enough or rich enough to give her money of their own free will....only a blubbering, jealous spoiled brat would complain...
Yup.."Oh but it's not FAIR that she got all that money. She HAS to share it with everyone else. She didn't DO anything to earn it."
Such is the mentality that is growing in America.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 AM

833 posts, read 1,714,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Why are people giving this lady money? I'm convinced people are idiots, that money could go to any charity but its going to a woman who took a verbal lashing My bus driver took a lot worse, all the verbal abuse and rubber bands and spitballs. This goes on on practically every middle and high school bus in America, i can't believe some idiots are so sheltered as to be shocked by this
Doesn't say much about you ( for where you live) if you think the kids' behavior was normal

Old 06-25-2012, 07:53 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I quite agree. This is a variation of what goes on in schools today.
Too many people think this is a one off edge case. While this one may be extreme, it's indicative of what is going on.

How many stories have you seen regarding school bus drivers having issues with kids ?
Do you know the turnover rate for school bus drivers ?

You have enough kids out of control that's it's a brewing problem.
And an adult's hands are tied. The kids know this. The punishment for actions like this are mild. Suspension..whoop-de-do. That's 3-5 days OFF for these kids.

It's a growing trend. It's not "bullying in the schools", it's "kids gone wild".
Ya, and when ignorant pig parents call teachers Union thugs and scream that they only deserve minimum wage and that teachers rip off tax payers and they're scum.....how do you think kids will view teachers when they get to school???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies