Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2012, 02:51 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpanda View Post
Start a charity for him? I'll donate to it.

People aren't picking and choosing. They see the video, feel sorry for her, and want to donate some money. It's not like a website shows both of their stories, and then says "All right, now who do you want to donate to?"
There are plenty,just google it. I did,that's how I saw that the charity only raised 11,000 dollars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 02:53 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Exactly. She is "relate-able," and as you said reminds people of their grandmother. People are less sympathetic to a homeless man, who they'd most likely step over in the streets. Sad, huh?

Reminds me of this old graphic: http://www.artlex.com/ArtLex/p/image...schrist_lg.jpg
It is sad,and I'm sure he could use a million for his medical bills. A million probably won't even cover half of his medical bills.

Sorry,I'm just so upset that someone is in pain and will never see again while another gets to go on a vacation and retirement when she didn't suffer any physical pain.

Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,209,482 times
Have the students been suspended yet?

Old 06-25-2012, 03:48 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
I didn't donate. By the time I found out about the donation site it was already up to over $250,000. My wife and I are our own charity. We're still paying for my wife's medical bills (which is an ongoing medical condition), her father's medical bills, and her father's funeral. Anyone want to donate to my wife's medical bills for her multiple spinal conditions?

Old 06-25-2012, 05:08 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,765,342 times
No way do I believe this was mob metality with these kids. They hear and see how their parents are at home and I don't believe it was concedence what they said about suicide. At least one of them heard about the suicide of her son and told the others about it. It's good this was on video and now people see what really goes on so now we know to do something about them now before they get older and it's too late to correct what the parents, society and the system failed at teaching them.

I hate to say it but it's time to bring back the paddle but not to use where they get marks or we can punish them with something else. Problem is the parents don't stick to any sort of punishment and that contributes largely as well as their knowing the School can't do a damn thing to punish them. What a shame at such a young age they know they can get away with almost anything.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Dang..you can have a bunch of kids curse me out on a bus. She'll be a millionaire in no time if the donations continue.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,414,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Dont get me wrong, I feel bad for her and those kids should be punished

But also its apparent she wasnt doing her job either as a bus monitor, because these kids would already have been reported, and it wouldnt have taken a Youtube video to see their actions.
Really? You don't think there must be something wrong with the parenting these kids have had? It was very "Lord Of The Flies". Those are not emotionally healthy kids.

I'd be blaming the parents who failed at their most important job before I'd blame a bus monitor. Everyone wants the school to raise their kids these days.

How do you know if she had been on that bus before? How do you know if the kids did this to her before? What exactly is she supposed to report? Both verbal and physical abuse? Too many unanswered questions to judge.

She didn't ask for donations. I think people have a knee-jerk reaction to what has happened to some kids nowadays. When I was growing up, you didn't dare talk to an adult that way. It was unfathomable. You can tell those kids had no worries about any consequences.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 06-25-2012 at 06:05 AM..

Old 06-25-2012, 06:05 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,889,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is sad,and I'm sure he could use a million for his medical bills. A million probably won't even cover half of his medical bills.

Sorry,I'm just so upset that someone is in pain and will never see again while another gets to go on a vacation and retirement when she didn't suffer any physical pain.
He is getting Medicaid and Medicare to pay his medical bills.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:22 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
That was some real Lord of the Flies stuff there. No doubt.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:33 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,940,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
I don't believe that for a second. If it's even close to true, then I fear for the future of this country about 1,000 times more than I did already.
How old and out of touch could you possibly be that you think this doesn't always go on? I'm really shocked people think this doesn't go on everywhere every day. I guess a lot of people either walked to school or had their mom drop them off but still ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
What business is it of yours what other people do with their money (unless of course you're a Democrat).
Yea Republicans let people buy whatever they want (cough)marijuana, abortion(cough)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies