Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 12:31 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Would it matter? It's the same thing.

But I wouldn't expect a highly educated person to get it.

Here's your clue:

ABORTION: To abort, to stop. 3.
to fail, cease, or stop at an early or premature stage.

Here's another clue for you. When a woman miscarries, it used to be medically deemed an abortion. I don't know if it still is.

Words do have several meanings, doncha know.
Here is a clue for you. Has a suicide EVER been classified as an abortion......anywhere?

Has anyone ever said their father/son/mother/sister decided to abort themselves?

Quote:
"Would it matter? It's the same thing."
Yes, it matters....how about we tell a woman who miscarries that her fetus committed suicide? The words are not interchangeable.....each carries a precise meaning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM

202 posts, read 350,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Here is a clue for you. Has a suicide EVER been classified as an abortion......anywhere?

Has anyone ever said their father/son/mother/sister decided to abort themselves?

Yes, it matters....how about we tell a woman who miscarries that her fetus committed suicide? The words are not interchangeable.....each carries a precise meaning.
By taking your own life, you are, in fact, aborting your life. It's not that hard to understand. Of course, it's not medically classified as abortion, but words have multiple meanings. A dictionary might be of help to you.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:40 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofDixie View Post
You have the baby.
Why? In the situation I used in my example, neither of them want children, ever.

Quote:
Sex isn't a God-given right.
It's a court given right, and the courts outrank God.

Quote:
When you have sex, you understand that even with protection/birth control/etc., there's still a minute chance you can get pregnant.
Yes, and thanks to Roe v. Wade, those who choose not to have children have a backup option when other birth control methods fail.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Why? In the situation I used in my example, neither of them want children, ever.

It's a court given right, and the courts outrank God.

Yes, and thanks to Roe v. Wade, those who choose not to have children have a backup option when other birth control methods fail.
Look, if you're fine with with the murdering of innocent beings, more power to you. I gave an honest answer to your question, and I'm sticking by it. Trust me, the courts don't always get it right. I don't want a child right now, but if I were to get my wife pregnant, abortion wouldn't even be considered.

People like you have no personal responsibility. I just laugh at people who think they ought to have sex without any utter consequence. I love having sex, but I know there is a chance it may result in having a child. I'm fine with that.

Old 07-02-2012, 12:53 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,057,064 times
Quote:
Many have challenged the word of God. They have failed.

Then there's global warming.

And they wonder why we laugh at them.
Quote:
One can always tell when the sensible side of an argument is being won. People start saying those who disagree with them are AFRAID.

You and your hocus pocus science are possibly the things I'm least afraid of.

And apparently you hadn't heard that you find any old blog or whatever to bolster your bloviations. Just try to remember that not everything you read on the internet is true. That includes junk science.
The word of "God"?

You mean the bible?

Isn't the bible just an ancient form of blog......... written by a bunch of superstitious old men....nothing more than hearsay?

And because you choose to believe what is written in an ancient blog.....I should believe it too? Really? LOL

Old 07-02-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Look, if you're fine with with the murdering of innocent beings, more power to you.
Murder is the illegal killing of another human being. Not only do the unborn not meet that criteria, but such an act is legal. If its legal, it cannot, by definition, be murder.

Quote:
People like you have no personal responsibility.
Oh, but we have, thanks to alphamale, already established that aborting an unwanted pregnancy IS the practice of personal responsibility.

Quote:
I just laugh at people who think they ought to have sex without any utter consequence. I love having sex, but I know there is a chance it may result in having a child. I'm fine with that.
So again, what about people like my friends and myself who do not want children, now or ever? Are you seriously suggesting that we abstain from sex because of the small, small chance that it could result in an unwanted pregnancy?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Murder is the illegal killing of another human being. Not only do the unborn not meet that criteria, but such an act is legal. If its legal, it cannot, by definition, be murder.

Oh, but we have, thanks to alphamale, already established that aborting an unwanted pregnancy IS the practice of personal responsibility.

So again, what about people like my friends and myself who do not want children, now or ever? Are you seriously suggesting that we abstain from sex because of the small, small chance that it could result in an unwanted pregnancy?
Oh, so it has to be another human being? I didn't realize I couldn't murder a dog or cat. Would you prefer me to use the word kill, instead of murder?

You and I have far different opinions on what constitutes as personal responsibility.

I didn't suggest anything in regards to you or your friends, now did I?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Oh, so it has to be another human being? I didn't realize I couldn't murder a dog or cat. You you prefer me to use the word kill, instead of murder?
Correct. This is why you never see anyone charged with murder when they kill an animal.

And just to throw a wrench into your whole argument, I'd point out that we can, legally, euthanize animals.

Quote:
You and I have far different opinions on what constitutes as personal responsibility.
That is because you define yours very narrowly, and only along the lines of your own moral code.

Quote:
I didn't suggest anything in regards to you or your friends, now did I?
But I am asking.

Old 07-02-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Correct. This is why you never see anyone charged with murder when they kill an animal.

And just to throw a wrench into your whole argument, I'd point out that we can, legally, euthanize animals.

That is because you define yours very narrowly, and only along the lines of your own moral code.

But I am asking.
Once again, you're still killing an unborn infant. Don't want to call it murder? Well, good for you. Whatever helps you sleep at night. You might not be charged with a crime, but you're still killing another being.

Were they using birth control pills/condoms or has one actually had a surgical procedure?

Old 07-02-2012, 01:30 PM

589 posts, read 851,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I though everyone knew to hold the coat hanger tightly between the knees BEFORE getting one's self pregnant.

Wow. You sound like all kinds of fun on a Friday night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies