Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2012, 04:59 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

Dinish Sousa is going to be on Bill Maher tonight. I don't get HBO but for those who do and can stand to watch Maher you might want to see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 05:06 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,748 times
Wife went to see it. She's already a right wing radical birther, so it was just more fuel on the fire.

Old 08-31-2012, 05:15 PM

870 posts, read 1,988,065 times
I avoid overtly political movies. I feel how I feel about the the issues and that's that. I'm fairly conservative on most but I stray from that from time to time.

This election cycle, I was excited about one candidate but he didn't make it very far in the primaries...man I'm hoping for a darkhorse comeback but we never see those anymore.

Otherwise, I will vote as I always have, for the lesser of two evils.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:20 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post

i think if you send young people to die in foreign countries for unwinnable wars and massive spending/transfer of american wealth, i think you are trying to hurt both the citizens and the country.
I'm not history buff, but I'm pretty sure Obama didn't start two unwinnable wars.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well if those people have decided to vote him out this time they need to go to the polls and do it. Staying home might just get him again.

But you also have to understand how some think. Some refuse to do things, they know the answers to deep down. What they want to hear, is different then what is actually being said.

Therefore, they will stay away from the movie, because they won't want to hear what it is they truly do know.

I have some friends who voted for Obama in 08 are very unhappy with him as our President, came away from the movie saying Gosh dang, now i know.

And wish they knew some of this stuff in 08.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Ironic how his first election was so positive and people were full of confidence. In 2012, Obama tried so hard to discredit, it was so disgustingly negative. Now so many people feel like, hey, why bother, no matter what income level Obama will think we are too rich comparative to Kenya. 32 million people and people think he did a good job is amazing. I hate to see what they think a bad job is.

Obama wants people who make 200k to vote for him and by the way, if you do he promises to raise their taxes. Hows that for a kick in the ass.

Last edited by eRayP; 08-31-2012 at 06:52 PM..

Old 08-31-2012, 06:48 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144
Well if those people have decided to vote him out this time they need to go to the polls and do it. Staying home might just get him again.
Maybe he should borrow more money and pay them.

Old 08-31-2012, 06:50 PM

870 posts, read 1,679,093 times
I never stated, but I asked the question. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat either. But let's say I lean heavily to the conservative side.

MaryJane55US, I hear that opinion from people a lot and I think I've said that over the years myself. Everyone's always looking for that mysterious 3rd person but they never seem to appear.

Old 08-31-2012, 08:49 PM

876 posts, read 709,156 times
That silent majority of people seem to be supporting this movie. The silent majority will vote on Nov. 6th and we will fire the Communist in Chief. America is stronger than this president.

Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
But you also have to understand how some think. Some refuse to do things, they know the answers to deep down. What they want to hear, is different then what is actually being said.

Therefore, they will stay away from the movie, because they won't want to hear what it is they truly do know.

I have some friends who voted for Obama in 08 are very unhappy with him as our President, came away from the movie saying Gosh dang, now i know.

And wish they knew some of this stuff in 08.
The media protected him, they still are. I don't know when they will wise up, maybe when he tries to shut them down but then it will be too late. Isn't there talk now about controlling the internet? You can bet if he is re-elected without any restraints anymore he will do just what he wants to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies