Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 11:04 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
Are you disputing any of the points you ticked off? Frank Marshall Davis, registered Communist, is mentioned by Obama in his book. Bill Ayers admitted to be a member of the weather underground and is noted as a friend from Chicago. Recordings of his pastor of 20 years who not only married the Obama's but baptized their daughters have been widely played on TV. He wrote a book in which he talked about traveling back to Kenya to discover his roots. The movie drew no conclusions about his "unique deviousness".
You make no point valid enough to further the argument that the right wing crazies are making in demonizing Obama...really and truly. If I were to be judged by the various people that I have come in contact with thru my lifetime, it would make for very interesting fodder for gossips and nosy-bodies. My ex was in a rock band with a very talented piano player that had close family in the Mafia. We hung out in his house for band practice all the time. So???

Six degrees of separation will find that all of us have colorful associations. Much ado about nothing.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-01-2012 at 11:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 11:22 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's ideology is to bring us down to a much lower standard of living. Obama is taking our money and investing it in jobs in other countries. Obama is also halting growth of our energy resources and killing jobs while providing jobs for people in other counties.. Obama thinks we are too rich for too long and he wants to change that because of his roots in other areas of the world.

That is why our own founding fathers knew, that apple didn't fall far from the tree, and it would be someone with more than the first generation, to be a natural born citizen, to become patriotic to this nation and not a trader under the fathers foreign allegiance.

Interpret it how you wish. You can clearly see the damage it can cause, first hand, in fundamentally transforming our nation. Say what? The US Constitution has been trashed.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:27 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Thanks, I saw some of it on Friday. I hope many will see it on Sunday.
I'm puzzled?? I thought Sunday night, on FOX at 8:00 PM was the Debut of this NEW Report and revealations??

Old 09-01-2012, 11:29 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,424,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Enlighten us oh wise one. I see what a party that has morphed into religious nutbags and obstructionists has done to delay the recovery process. It's a crying shame that what the hijacked GOP set as their goal when Obama was elected did not horrify an enrage every citizen. I don't choose to live inside that low information bubble that you do. You want to know something...if Obama was actually this person that he has been portrayed to be by the right wing, I'd still support him over the bat crap crazy party of Neocons Tea People (that do not have clues as to what the real Boston Tea Party was all about) and the bible thumping hypocrites.

Take a deeeep breath sickofnyc, deep breath, breath deep lol

Last edited by eRayP; 09-01-2012 at 11:53 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Obama's ideology is to bring us down to a much lower standard of living. Obama is taking our money and investing it in jobs in other countries. Obama is also halting growth of our energy resources and killing jobs while providing jobs for people in other counties.. Obama thinks we are too rich for too long and he wants to change that because of his roots in other areas of the world.
Nutty stuff man. So tell me...did Bush set the table? Seems as if he made it very easy for Obama to put his insidious plan into action. I think they're in kahoots.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
The film was not a propaganda film and said nothing negative about Obama. It only talked about the influences on him growing up allowing the viewer to come to their own conclusion. It also drew heavily on Obama's book "Dreams From My Father", including Obama's narration of the book. If you look on the movie website it is being shown in a number of theaters in CA which I believe is deep blue territory.

I didn't need a movie to tell me that Obama's dithering when it came to the Gulf oil spill was an attempt to build a case for halt offshore drilling; that fast and furious was an attempt to build a case for gun control; that refusal to approve Keystone was to stop big oil and US jobs in the process; that funding Solyndra when all data showed it was a losing proposition was again his attempt to further his pet projects no matter the cost to tax payers; that

sending US tax dollars to Brazil for off shore drilling while not approving it in US for jobs here. I could go on but why bother since you've already made up your mind.
The movie is doing very well here in a blue state. People I know, lifetime Democrats are all saying we got to get this guy out. Don't shoot the messenger lol, I don't want anyone to have a heart attack either

Old 09-01-2012, 11:34 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,279 times
Quote:
You make no point valid enough to further the argument that the right wing crazies are making in demonizing Obama...really and truly. If I were to be judged by the various people that I have come in contact with thru my lifetime, it would make for very interesting fodder for gossips and nosy-bodies. My ex was in a rock band with a very talented piano player that had close family in the Mafia. We hung out in his house for band practice all the time. So???

Six degrees of separation will find that all of us have colorful associations. Much ado about nothing.
Well Obama was in wrights church for 20 years and wrote in his book about Davis being his mentor. Does that change your view? Not exactly chance encounters!

Old 09-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
That is why our own founding fathers knew, that apple didn't fall far from the tree, and it would be someone with more than the first generation, to be a natural born citizen, to become patriotic to this nation and not a trader under the fathers foreign allegiance.

Interpret it how you wish. You can clearly see the damage it can cause, first hand, in fundamentally transforming our nation. Say what? The US Constitution has been trashed.
Didn't he just say that he was willing to work "with" congress? Now he promises he will "rule" past Congress if he is re-elected.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Didn't he just say that he was willing to work "with" congress? Now he promises he will "rule" past Congress if he is re-elected.
Don't know if that is accurate due to absence of a link, but I hope so as is base is disgusted with all of the olive branches that he has extended that were thrown back in his face.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:24 AM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,279 times
Quote:
Don't know if that is accurate due to absence of a link, but I hope so as is base is disgusted with all of the olive branches that he has extended that were thrown back in his face.
Excuse me but are you advocating a dictatorship. We do still have a constitution last I checked but obama definitely has tried to ignore it with EOs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies