Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2012, 01:41 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Bill Maher.....

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I guess our definitions of "blockbuster" movies differ:

Film Critique of Obama Takes in $6.2 Million in Wider Release - NYTimes.com

It ranks behind the Katy Perry documentary, for Christ's sake! Katy Perry!

Not in the "documentary" section. I know it's hard to understand but there are 2 types of documentaries, Political and non-political....

You would think the NYtimes would know this, but to just discredit/lie/misinform they throw it in with all documentaries, and a little research would provide this....

Documentary - Political Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo

BTW, this is from a link you provided.

So, just to re-cap, this "Political Documentary" that just opened July 13 2012, is in 5th place after opening in ONE (yes that is 1) theater....is about to be the 2nd largest documentary in history....

Oh, and if you read the link....those other Political Documentary have been out for a minimum of 5 years...

Old 09-03-2012, 03:16 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,875,361 times
This Reverend- Jeremiah Wright is Obama's mentor. Obama was a member of his church, they are still close friends. He even married Barack and Michelle. Obama feels the same way about America that this Reverend does- he hates rich white americans and america. Of course he won't ever admit it though as he wants the votes to be re-elected again! So he keeps his mouth shut and acts like he cares America when really all he intends to do is absolutely destroy us and make us dirt poor.

Jeremiah Wright - Obama's mentor - Hate speech - YouTube

Old 09-03-2012, 03:28 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
This Reverend- Jeremiah Wright is Obama's mentor. Obama was a member of his church, they are still close friends. He even married Barack and Michelle. Obama feels the same way about America that this Reverend does- he hates rich white americans and america. Of course he won't ever admit it though as he wants the votes to be re-elected again! So he keeps his mouth shut and acts like he cares America when really all he intends to do is absolutely destroy us and make us dirt poor.

Jeremiah Wright - Obama's mentor - Hate speech - YouTube
How do you know they are still close friends?

How do you know that President Obama hates "rich white americans and america?"

Did he tell you these things? If not, please provide a link to a credible source confirming what you say.

How does he intend to "destroy us and make us dirt poor?" Every indication is that that is what a Romney/Ryan administration would do by raising taxes on the middle class while giving themselves (the uber rich) more tax breaks.

And you do realize, don't you, that Romney belongs to a church that didn't give African American members equal rights within the church until 1978? And that same church still denies equal rights to women?

You know, all this "he hates America" and "he wants to destroy America" crap is so old and so pathetic and you all just keep repeating what you hear from the right wing talking heads (like Dick "the toe sucker" Morris) with no proof whatsoever.

Why don't you all try to think for yourselves?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:33 PM

Love this!

Hannity Interview With Erik Rush, The Man Who Broke Story of Jeremiah Wright - YouTube

Old 09-03-2012, 03:40 PM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
No. Why would I pay to watch this movie when I can come here and see people lie about President Obama for free?

Old 09-03-2012, 03:45 PM

870 posts, read 1,678,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Nope. I don't see bias political movies, and unfortunately, 2016 Obama's America, as I've read from many independent websites is only fueled by one lie after another.
I can see how if you have a strong allegiance to one "side" you would or wouldn't want to see it. However, without seeing it no one on this forum can give an accurate opinion on what this movie is/is not about. I am in Independent and saw it. The movie was solely based upon finding out what/who motivates Barack Obama.

It was not a Barack Obama bashing movie. The director was motivated because he sees many parallels in each of their own lives. Much of the movie is Obama himself narrating the book he wrote about his fathers dreams. The director basically wanted to know how Obama can be motivated by a father that he met once when he was 2 years old.

The movie was not opinionated about Obamas past 4 years or policy decisions, etc. In fact, the director indicates his belief
that Obama is in fact a US citizen and believes he is a great father.

Does it leave room for fact checking? I'm sure. Does the viewer know for a fact that Obamas father had multiple wives and fathered children from 3 different women? I have no idea. But it does make you wonder how his father plays (as Obama himself continually states) such an important role in Obamas life. Obama has stated himself the importance of his father in his life.

We are (or should) know the past of our Presidents and their influences. There isn't a President in American history that we haven't scrutinized from the day they were born until the day they were elected President. But Obama has come from a very different background of unknowns and influences and this movie (at times biased, I'm sure) does a great job of trying to uncover that "story."

Obamas brother is interviewed and nothing negative was said or assumed. Actually, Americans wonder how he hasn't helped his poor relatives in Africa, but this movie gives that answer quite clearly. It is simply not part of their culture to give handouts to relatives. If this movie was so incredibly motivated to bash Obama, that would not have been explained.

What cannot be disputed are the people that Obama has surrounded his earlier years with and this leads the viewer to believe (which would be common sense) that these people have to have some influence on who Barack Obama is today. It is a fact that Obama spent many years being guided by Reverend Jeremiah Wright and in the presence of people like Bernadine Dorn and Bill Ayers.

I would think that anyone, Left or Right, would want to know the most about the person they are "for" or "against." I myself voted for Obama almost 4 years ago but I cannot help to wonder why and what motivates some of the decisions he has made for this country. I want to understand what his goals and motivations are going forward. This movie gave me a much
better understanding of what Obamas visions are. And for me PERSONALLY, it scares the he'll out of me.

Old 09-03-2012, 03:52 PM

870 posts, read 1,678,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus
Nope. I don't see bias political movies, and unfortunately, 2016 Obama's America, as I've read from many independent websites is only fueled by one lie after another.
I can see how if you have a strong allegiance to one "side" you would or wouldn't want to see it. However, without seeing it no one on this forum can give an accurate opinion on what this movie is/is not about. I am in Independent and saw it. The movie was solely based upon finding out what/who motivates Barack Obama.

It was not a Barack Obama bashing movie. The director was motivated because he sees many parallels in each of their own lives. Much of the movie is Obama himself narrating the book he wrote about his fathers dreams. The director basically wanted to know how Obama can be motivated by a father that he met once when he was 2 years old.

The movie was not opinionated about Obamas past 4 years or policy decisions, etc. In fact, the director indicates his belief
that Obama is in fact a US citizen and believes he is a great father.

Does it leave room for fact checking? I'm sure. Does the viewer know for a fact that Obamas father had multiple wives and fathered children from 3 different women? I have no idea. But it does make you wonder how his father plays (as Obama himself continually states) such an important role in Obamas life. Obama has stated himself the importance of his father in his life.

We are (or should) know the past of our Presidents and their influences. There isn't a President in American history that we haven't scrutinized from the day they were born until the day they were elected President. But Obama has come from a very different background of unknowns and influences and this movie (at times biased, I'm sure) does a great job of trying to uncover that "story."

Obamas brother is interviewed and nothing negative was said or assumed. Actually, Americans wonder how he hasn't helped his poor relatives in Africa, but this movie gives that answer quite clearly. It is simply not part of their culture to give handouts to relatives. If this movie was so incredibly motivated to bash Obama, that would not have been explained.

What cannot be disputed are the people that Obama has surrounded his earlier years with and this leads the viewer to believe (which would be common sense) that these people have to have some influence on who Barack Obama is today. It is a fact that Obama spent many years being guided by Reverend Jeremiah Wright and in the presence of people like Bernadine Dorn and Bill Ayers.

I would think that anyone, Left or Right, would want to know the most about the person they are "for" or "against." I myself voted for Obama almost 4 years ago but I cannot help to wonder why and what motivates some of the decisions he has made for this country. I want to understand what his goals and motivations are going forward. This movie gave me a much
better understanding of what Obamas visions are. And for me PERSONALLY, it scares the he'll out of me.
[+] Rate this post positively

Old 09-03-2012, 03:55 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
This Reverend- Jeremiah Wright is Obama's mentor.
I see you are partying like it's 2008. Notice how much the Rev. had an influence on Obama's policies over the last four years? Me neither.

Wright is not Obama's mentor. He was a close to Wright as most of are close to our local religious leaders.

As the Soup Nazi would say... NEXT!

Old 09-03-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
How do you know they are still close friends?

How do you know that President Obama hates "rich white americans and america?"

Did he tell you these things? If not, please provide a link to a credible source confirming what you say.

How does he intend to "destroy us and make us dirt poor?" Every indication is that that is what a Romney/Ryan administration would do by raising taxes on the middle class while giving themselves (the uber rich) more tax breaks.

And you do realize, don't you, that Romney belongs to a church that didn't give African American members equal rights within the church until 1978? And that same church still denies equal rights to women?

You know, all this "he hates America" and "he wants to destroy America" crap is so old and so pathetic and you all just keep repeating what you hear from the right wing talking heads (like Dick "the toe sucker" Morris) with no proof whatsoever.

Why don't you all try to think for yourselves?
Do I personally know that they are still friends? No, but I would think they still are as Obama was a member of his church for many years, he married Obama and Michelle and they share the same views as him that is why they attended his church! Before election in 2008- he told Jeremiah Wright that you have got to keep quiet now that we have a connection or I won't get elected President.

It's pretty obvious to see that Obama hates rich white americans and america in general- that's why his plan is to destroy us. His father was a communist who hated white americans and america and he is following his father's dreams to destroy our country. Read Obama's book about his father.

He is already trying to destroy us and make us dirt poor by spending, spending, spending- we have never been in as much debt as we are now. Unemployment has never been this high, gas prices are high, far less new jobs available- all part of his plan to downsize america.

Obama truly does hate America and he is in the process of breaking America down and destroying us- by everything awful he is doing.
Fine don't believe it but it's pretty damn clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies