Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 11:22 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
No, it opened in one theater, earning ~$31K - which is not even close to 5th place if you were to rate it on that metric alone. "Sicko" opened in a single theater and made twice as much opening weekend. It is *now* in ~1,750 theaters and has earned ~$21M. Still behind "Bowling for Columbine" which was ONLY ever shown in ~250 theaters.

Tell me again how great this movie is performing?
The movie is doing great....please tell us how long "Bowling for Columbine" has been out....nevermind here:

Bowling for Columbine has been out since 2002, (pretty easy to understand I think?) to date it has made $21.5 milllion.

2016 has been out for about 45 days.....and has grossed $20.1 million.....

Seems to me, that 2016 is smoking right up ranks and will be #2 in the documentary section very shortly....

Even easier:

$21.5 millioin in 10 years or $20.1 million in 45 days....which is making money quicker?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 11:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
That site lists box office money generated. Do you suppose "BfC" has been in theaters for 10 years?

Keep in mind it was only ever shown in 250 total theaters. About 15% of the number that "2016" has been shown in.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:08 PM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
That site lists box office money generated. Do you suppose "BfC" has been in theaters for 10 years?

Keep in mind it was only ever shown in 250 total theaters. About 15% of the number that "2016" has been shown in.
Nope, not a chance....

But can you tell me how long it was in theaters? ANd don't forget the first few week this movie was out it was in less than 1/2 of what Columbine theaters were in....

Old 09-04-2012, 03:19 PM

2,345 posts, read 1,670,996 times
Default ’2016: Obama’s America’ Movie Is Disturbingly Necessary

’2016: Obama’s America’ Movie Is Disturbingly Necessary « CBS Chicago

This past week, “2016: The Movie†about President Barack Obama opened in the Chicago area, and I chose to get more of an education about Obama by seeing the movie. After the inundation of canned hype for the movie on conservative talk shows across the Chicago radio dial that sounded more like commercials than honest endorsements of the movie, I was skeptical of what I was going to see.
While some talk show hosts sounded like they were genuinely impressed with the documentary and honestly endorsing the film, there were those who were obviously reading a commercial script which was not coming across as sincere to the regular listener – at least not to this often-skeptical listener. Perhaps, in future promotions of the film, it would be wise to have pre-recorded commercials done by the professional commercial-makers rather than having the likes of Mark Levin and Sean Hannity doing script after script to promote the movie. After all, the listeners aren’t stupid and resent any attempt at being conned.

''Yet, I’m glad I saw the hyped-film because it was more informative than I had thought it would be and included less propaganda than I had predicted.''

''To watch this movie and realize – or simply be reminded of – all that is unknown about President Obama is of concern. Much of the information has been ignored by the American media totally. When appropriately reminded as to what is still unknown about Obama to date, one has to ask: How can any logical-thinking person give a damn about Romney’s taxes while not asking any questions regarding our current president’s past?''

Click above link to finish reading

Old 09-04-2012, 03:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Default Interesting comments after the article

Bonnie-Clyde Barrow </SPAN>• 4 days ago Here is the real CHALLENGE for Obama. More and more people are realizing that the Democrat Party is NO LONGER the party of the working middle class, not by a long shot. They are now the party of the illegals, the blacks (except blacks with jobs) , the welfare queens, the public unions, and a few other FRINGE groups. Their "We are for the middle class" is being seen as BS, which is exactly what it is.
Wisconsin was a very blue state, but now its red, AND after this next election, at least 28 states will have republican governors, and the trend is continuing. Obama has lost almost all the white male voters, except for the shrinking group of "White Guilt" "please dont hurt me, I support you" losers.
People are really starting to look around at the republican states vs the democrat states, and the difference is STARK. The republican states have lower taxes, less rules, regulations and laws, and higher employment. The democrat states are constantly calling for "More Taxes".

Christy Bartholomew </SPAN>• 14 days ago Millions knew before he was elected what a nightmare this guy was, and saw the fawning media ignore anything that shed him in a bad light. The media handed our beloved Nation over to a Marxist on a silver platter, and the blind and ignorant lemmings continue to follow him toward that cliff. But, like this writer, many have come to their senses, seen the destruction he has caused. Millions out of work, dependent on the government. Billions upon Billions wasted! Deliberately increasing the National Debt to the point of total economic collapse, and if re-elected, he will finish the job.
He sees the writing on the wall, which is why he is blatantly rushing through so many illegal executive orders, shutting down our energy sector, taxing businesses out of existence, or out of the country, putting millions on the Gov. dole, giving amnesty to millions in hopes it will be enough votes to keep him in office...can he lie, cheat and steal his way back to the W.H.? He sure as hell is going to try...

Old 09-04-2012, 03:46 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Nope, not a chance....

But can you tell me how long it was in theaters? ANd don't forget the first few week this movie was out it was in less than 1/2 of what Columbine theaters were in....

Looking for that info, unsuccessfully thus far....

Old 09-04-2012, 03:48 PM

WTH??????? Why are people on here arguing about how much money this movie made and how many people went to see it?

Get your freaking heads out of you know where and go see the movie and learn something!!!!! Geesh, you can lead a horse to water-------------- OMG. People who only follow the lamestream media deserve the kind of politicians we get.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,676,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

Common sense, but since you need the obvious pointed out to you:

"Carlos Mayans, a former Republican legislator and Wichita mayor once seen by almost everyone as a conservative stalwart, said he’s seen and felt the change over the past two years. “Not too long ago, I was called a Democrat by one of those superconservatives,” Mayans said, laughing. “I said, ‘Are you kidding me?’”

He said what got him branded a Democrat was questioning the method used to select Republican Party leaders, who were nominated by a closed-door committee and presented to the rank and file as a slate of candidates.

Read more here: Conservatism takes a right turn in Kansas politics | Wichita Eagle
Common sense? Have you ever even been to Wichita KS?

Really, the only thing amazing to me about this topic is I started a thread about it being #3 at the box office a good 2 to 3 weeks ago and one of the mods deleted it for being 'off topic'.

Whatever.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
WTH??????? Why are people on here arguing about how much money this movie made and how many people went to see it?

Get your freaking heads out of you know where and go see the movie and learn something!!!!! Geesh, you can lead a horse to water-------------- OMG. People who only follow the lamestream media deserve the kind of politicians we get.
Do you have that video yet of Reverend Wright saying that President Obama offered to pay him for his silence?

Just curious.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Do you have that video yet of Reverend Wright saying that President Obama offered to pay him for his silence?

Just curious.
Not yet, maybe the Obama people got to it and buried it. I'll keep looking,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies