Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Anyone who wants to know what they are voting for needs to see this movie! Doesn't matter which side you're on.
If you already strongly support Obama, you will probably like his goals. It may touch your heart how much he cares for the poor, the oppressed around the world and how he thinks he can care for them and right years of wrongs. You really should see it.

If you don't know whether to vote for Obama, the movie will help crystallize your views and opinions about him, who he is and where he wants to take us. You'll be working from an objective, non-partisan base of knowledge.

I haven't spent a dime on any of Michael Moore's tripe, and I won't be paying to see this movie either.

Let's just say that I don't put much stock in a movie about what someone plans to do in the future when the filmmaker couldn't even be bothered to interview the man who is the subject of the movie.

How does that make sense to anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,274,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
obama has eaten dogs
so have i. what's your point?

Quote:
, passed legislation to allow horses to be slaughtered again for human consumption (in another 3rd world country move),
way to show your racism.

Even in civilized world (aka Europe, Asia), horse is treated as food like cows. There is nothing wrong with this. Even the original natives of North America ate horse meat from time to time.

Humane Society may give him a "C" concerning horse meat, but it doesn't change the fact that nearly every animal on earth is treated as food somewhere.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What Would America Look Like if Obama is Reelected?

"2016" the movie is going to be released in the summer. It is produced by Gerald R. Molen, the same man that produced Schindler's List and it is based on the novel, "Roots of Obama's Rage", by Dinesh D'Souza.

D'Souza makes some fascinating claims about Obama's vision for America. He argues that his vision is not that of the typical American but rather of an anti-colonial outsider who wishes to realign America with the world. To realign the US, he has to weaken it because that would contribute to global fairness and be the punishment the West deserves for Colonialism.

Just goes to show you, hammer two pieces of sh** together, and try to sell it, and some a$$h**** will buy it.

Step away from the Koolaid, and try to think for yourself--I swear, it's not painful at all.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:12 AM

2,546 posts, read 6,876,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
obama could win very easily. He has voter fraud supporting him along with all the people he supports with our $$ and jobs like illegals .. 23 million unemployed citizens and he grants amnesty to millions more then gives them a drivers license to vote for him. I refuse to vote for someone who is a muslim and spent trillions to unemploy our citizens.. At least Romney made money hiring people..
I'm hoping he doesn't get a second term. We need him out.

Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
This is the way I remember the interview. I assume it's been scrubbed from the major media sites.

“Who sent the e-mail?” I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.”

“He offered you money?”

“Not directly,” Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.”

How much money did he offer you?”

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,” Wright said.

“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?”

“Yes,” Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

“And one of the first things Barack said was, ‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, ‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’
Rev. Jeremiah Wright: Obama Offered 'Hush Money' For Silence... | The Boneyard

Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
This is the way I remember the interview. I assume it's been scrubbed from the major media sites.

“Who sent the e-mail?†I asked Wright.

“It was from one of Barack’s closest friends.â€

“He offered you money?â€

“Not directly,†Wright said. “He sent the offer to one of the members of the church, who sent it to me.â€

How much money did he offer you?â€

“One hundred and fifty thousand dollars,†Wright said.

“Did Obama himself ever make an effort to see you?â€

“Yes,†Wright said. “Barack said he wanted to meet me in secret, in a secure place. And I said, ‘You’re used to coming to my home, you’ve been here countless times, so what’s wrong with coming to my home?’ So we met in the living room of the parsonage of Trinity United Church of Christ, at South Pleasant Avenue right off 95th Street, just Barack and me. I don’t know if he had a wire on him. His security was outside somewhere.

“And one of the first things Barack said was, ‘I really wish you wouldn’t do any more public speaking until after the November election.’ He knew I had some speaking engagements lined up, and he said, ‘I wish you wouldn’t speak. It’s gonna hurt the campaign if you do that.’
Rev. Jeremiah Wright: Obama Offered 'Hush Money' For Silence... | The Boneyard
No where in what you recounted did Obama offer Rev. Wright money nor does it show that someone else offered Rev. Wright money at Obama's urging.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:40 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,570,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
No where in what you recounted did Obama offer Rev. Wright money nor does it show that someone else offered Rev. Wright money at Obama's urging.
denial is always an option for rope-a-dopes.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:58 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
denial is always an option for rope-a-dopes.
And the desperation is apparent when the attempted spin is not based on known facts.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
[/b]
Actually the opposite seems to be true. This has got be at least thread number four with some sort of right-winger drooling over this documentary like it is some sort of non-partisan, objective documentary. It's not. It is no better than watching a Michael Moore documentary--although he occasionally peppers some facts into his documentaries and not just impressions. At any rate, I think some liberals are responding to these threads pointing out that very same hypocrisy. You know: "Wait a minute! you bash every other "documentary" out there but all of a sudden the one written by a supposed conservative is wonderful/perfect/true." Come on.
I take it you haven't seen it. Sad but not surprising that so many can have so much to say about something they haven't seen.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:12 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Because it's so hard to find a left-leaning documentary. A glance at Netflix shows an overflowing supply of Liberal documentaries that pander to the viewer's beliefs in everything from the military, to global warming, to wacko Christian fundies. Once in a while a Conservative documentary comes along and Liberals lose their minds.
blah blah blah. Your nuts. show me one REPUBLICAN who didn't flip out over a michael moore movie, and I'll show you a dead republican.

I don't believe Republicans are actually conservatives, so I changed that txt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies