Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 08:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The only people actually paying to see the film already hate Obama so what is the difference. I'm sure the place where you saw the movie is red territory.
Yep.

"The documentary performed best over the weekend in red state bastions such as Baton Rouge, La., and Wichita, Kan."

Audience growing for '2016: Obama's America' - latimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM

32,076 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Is this like the tell the truth movie about George Bush lol And yes, that was scary to some. And what about the books written about him. The reality is...if people really believe this propaganda about our presidents then shame on them because they are way too gullible.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
How blind you are to the facts of who Obama is... take a good look a really good look a deep look at what Obama is doing.
Enlighten us oh wise one. I see what a party that has morphed into religious nutbags and obstructionists has done to delay the recovery process. It's a crying shame that what the hijacked GOP set as their goal when Obama was elected did not horrify an enrage every citizen. I don't choose to live inside that low information bubble that you do. You want to know something...if Obama was actually this person that he has been portrayed to be by the right wing, I'd still support him over the bat crap crazy party of Neocons Tea People (that do not have clues as to what the real Boston Tea Party was all about) and the bible thumping hypocrites.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Is this like the tell the truth movie about George Bush lol And yes, that was scary to some. And what about the books written about him. The reality is...if people really believe this propaganda about our presidents then shame on them because they are way too gullible.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:00 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,473 times
Quote:
The only people actually paying to see the film already hate Obama so what is the difference. I'm sure the place where you saw the movie is red territory.
The film was not a propaganda film and said nothing negative about Obama. It only talked about the influences on him growing up allowing the viewer to come to their own conclusion. It also drew heavily on Obama's book "Dreams From My Father", including Obama's narration of the book. If you look on the movie website it is being shown in a number of theaters in CA which I believe is deep blue territory.

I didn't need a movie to tell me that Obama's dithering when it came to the Gulf oil spill was an attempt to build a case for halt offshore drilling; that fast and furious was an attempt to build a case for gun control; that refusal to approve Keystone was to stop big oil and US jobs in the process; that funding Solyndra when all data showed it was a losing proposition was again his attempt to further his pet projects no matter the cost to tax payers; that sending US tax dollars to Brazil for off shore drilling while not approving it in US for jobs here. I could go on but why bother since you've already made up your mind.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:03 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
The silent majority? You guys won't shut up about this movie. Silent? I wish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yep.

"The documentary performed best over the weekend in red state bastions such as Baton Rouge, La., and Wichita, Kan."

Audience growing for '2016: Obama's America' - latimes.com
lol. Why do you read if it upsets you so? Is the thread title that difficult for you to understand?

And what makes you think Wichita KS is red?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMH2507 View Post
The film was not a propaganda film and said nothing negative about Obama. It only talked about the influences on him growing up allowing the viewer to come to their own conclusion. It also drew heavily on Obama's book "Dreams From My Father", including Obama's narration of the book. If you look on the movie website it is being shown in a number of theaters in CA which I believe is deep blue territory.

I didn't need a movie to tell me that Obama's dithering when it came to the Gulf oil spill was an attempt to build a case for halt offshore drilling; that fast and furious was an attempt to build a case for gun control; that refusal to approve Keystone was to stop big oil and US jobs in the process; that funding Solyndra when all data showed it was a losing proposition was again his attempt to further his pet projects no matter the cost to tax payers; that sending US tax dollars to Brazil for off shore drilling while not approving it in US for jobs here. I could go on but why bother since you've already made up your mind.
It is comprised of many distortions, fabrications and omissions...and a right wing view. There were no Obama supporters interviewed. Why was that?

Director Of Anti Obama Movie Is Called Out - Video

BTW...there has been more drilling while Obama has been in office than when Bush was in office. But how would you know that???

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-...yond-bush.html

Old 09-01-2012, 09:14 PM

717 posts, read 648,319 times
Given the director I cannot imagine it is even half-way unbiased.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol. Why do you read if it upsets you so? Is the thread title that difficult for you to understand?
The thread keeps coming back. That's how I know this supposed silent majority won't shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And what makes you think Wichita KS is red?
Common sense, but since you need the obvious pointed out to you:

"Carlos Mayans, a former Republican legislator and Wichita mayor once seen by almost everyone as a conservative stalwart, said he’s seen and felt the change over the past two years. “Not too long ago, I was called a Democrat by one of those superconservatives,” Mayans said, laughing. “I said, ‘Are you kidding me?’”

He said what got him branded a Democrat was questioning the method used to select Republican Party leaders, who were nominated by a closed-door committee and presented to the rank and file as a slate of candidates.

Read more here: Conservatism takes a right turn in Kansas politics | Wichita Eagle

Old 09-01-2012, 09:29 PM

1,176 posts, read 1,820,473 times
Quote:
It is comprised of many distortions, fabrications and omissions...and a right wing view. There were no Obama supporters interviewed. Why was that?

Director Of Anti Obama Movie Is Called Out - Video

BTW...there has been more drilling while Obama has been in office than when Bush was in office. But how would you know that???

WTF: Obama Expands Offshore Drilling Far Beyond Bush : TreeHugger
But not in the Gulf!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies