Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 04:09 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Oh get off your high horse; Cons do it too and you know it...neither side has a monoply on tastefullness when it comes to arguing politics...

Example: Rush Limpballs used to go after Chelsea Clinton constantly
my horse is 15-3 just average height! I dont know it, you obviously listen to Limbaugh more than I do !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 05:17 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,745,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Your representations of the 1994 Agreed Framework and of subsequent related events as between the US and the DPRK are shockingly distorted. This is the sort of thing I would expect to see on NewsMax or some other such node on the right-wing disinformation media network...
You're the one that's distorted. The end result is N. Korea duped an incompetent administration and the next administration had to clean up the mess.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah , perhaps a tough "rational" voice would have been a better choice of words! why is it libs always want to go after the spouse and children of those they disagree with hmmm?
Your lib slam is unwarranted. Please read how often conservatives attack the families of people they don't like. Then get back to me. It happens from both sides.

Why do (mostly) conservatives rant about "nutcases" in other countries calling for the death or removal of "X" and yet don't use that same common sense when one of their own does the same thing? That was my point. Bolton is such a madman.

There is no 'tough' voice of reason because tough isn't reasonable!

In another thread recently, someone wrote that they liked the idea of 'speak softly and carry a big stick' as a form of diplomacy. In Teddy Roosevelt's day, it may have been practical, but it's utterly foolish. This form of diplomacy is nothing but intimidation. Human behavior doesn't respond to intimidation without a fight. Anyone who has to use intimidation is actually showing how weak they are, for if they were actually strong, they wouldn't need the stick! Mr. Bolton may speak fighting words that some agree with, but where will he be when the battle begins? How many will his call to action put to death? No one has a right to call for the dismissal of a freely elected leader in a foreign country.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:09 PM

35 posts, read 54,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsteved View Post
Oh, so NOW France is an acceptable gauge of of international political situations...pretty convenient

Sorry, you don't get to use France in this argument, your talking heads (Hannity, O'Reilly) forefeited that right when they went ballistic at the time of the Iraq War...

Could it be that France was somehow correct in opposing the attack on a country that was no threat to anyone except itself; because they saw that when a more credible threat arose, the world would be less apt to act quickly beacuse of Iraq?

Or are you going to blame France's refusal to act against Saddam on them having financial ties to Saddam? Go ahead, try that argument....I have 6words for you:

Saudi Arabia and the United States
Yes, sorry, roll eyes, I may use France in this argument, and I will. It goes like this: France was totally against us with Iraq, but now they are totally with us on Iran. They have had a regime change. Their out of date, liberal, pro UN, wimp of a President Jacques Chirac and his foreign minister Dominique de Villepin are gone. The citizens of France have since voted in the more conservative Sarkozy and his foreign minister Kouchner, who have said that they will not live with a nuclear Iran. (Thank God for men with backbones, who also happen to be world leaders.)

Thankfully for the world, France has had a regime change. Those now in office are able to discern that we have great problems in the Middle East that will not go away with our digging our heads in the sand.

I have a few words for you: No decent, legitimate nation in the world will be against us if we go after Iran to keep them from developing nukes.

PS: I listen to neither Hannity nor O"Reilly. Put away that leftist stand by of the "right wing talking points" because it does not apply to me.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,198,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget72 View Post

Thankfully for the world, France has had a regime change. Those now in office are able to discern that we have great problems in the Middle East that will not go away with our digging our heads in the sand.
Thankfully for the United States and the world, we in the United States are about to have a regime change and not a moment too soon!

Funny, most of those problems in the Middle East that are of our making won't go away if we stick our heads in the sand nor will they go away with further military engagement. At some point the United States personnel have to return HOME to the United States, those in the Middle East actually live there and will continue to carry on as they will whether we are there or not.

Continual poking of the bees nest with a stick will accomplish what? The alternative is to what... kill ALL the bees for doing what exactly to the United States?

Damn those Arabs for living on top our oil and not throwing flowers at us when we saved them, well those that are still alive that is.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:30 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,829,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Your lib slam is unwarranted. Please read how often conservatives attack the families of people they don't like. Then get back to me. It happens from both sides.

Why do (mostly) conservatives rant about "nutcases" in other countries calling for the death or removal of "X" and yet don't use that same common sense when one of their own does the same thing? That was my point. Bolton is such a madman.

There is no 'tough' voice of reason because tough isn't reasonable!

In another thread recently, someone wrote that they liked the idea of 'speak softly and carry a big stick' as a form of diplomacy. In Teddy Roosevelt's day, it may have been practical, but it's utterly foolish. This form of diplomacy is nothing but intimidation. Human behavior doesn't respond to intimidation without a fight. Anyone who has to use intimidation is actually showing how weak they are, for if they were actually strong, they wouldn't need the stick! Mr. Bolton may speak fighting words that some agree with, but where will he be when the battle begins? How many will his call to action put to death? No one has a right to call for the dismissal of a freely elected leader in a foreign country.
We only wish your mentality was the mentality of our adversaries!
I have to really choose my words because I know you are of the sensitive type, so I will try not to offend. Fortunately intimidation does work! When some scumbag punk comes up to me and my family and threatens to do harm, & I stick my desert eagle in his face, thats pretty damn intimidating, and they will step off in a hurry, "UNLESS" they dont believe I have the stomach to pull the trigger! PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH , mhouse , your feel good, live & let live, america is no better than anybody else, happy, happy kumbaya, cant we all just get along, nonsense is the very reason we are dangerously close to more conflicts and Iran has no qualms about keeping the pot stirred in Iraq. They are banking on the US not having the stomach to pull the trigger! Like I said if only are adversaries thought the way you do!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Thankfully for the United States and the world, we in the United States are about to have a regime change and not a moment too soon!

Funny, most of those problems in the Middle East that are of our making won't go away if we stick our heads in the sand nor will they go away with further military engagement. At some point the United States personnel have to return HOME to the United States, those in the Middle East actually live there and will continue to carry on as they will whether we are there or not.

Continual poking of the bees nest with a stick will accomplish what? The alternative is to what... kill ALL the bees for doing what exactly to the United States?

Damn those Arabs for living on top our oil and not throwing flowers at us when we saved them, well those that are still alive that is.
Agreed, we are going to have a regime change in '08. The question for you is, would you prefer Hillary (who undoubtedly the dem nominee will be) or a republican? It will be one or the other. Under which change do you believe the US would be safer?

Yes, also agreed, the problems in the Middle East will not go away. It is for this reason that the US needs to assert our might in order to divert insane dictators like Ahmadininejad from believing we will simply roll over and play dead (as the UN would like for us to do).

Would that we could just easily come home and pretend that radical islam is not a threat to the US. I wish 9/11 never happened. But it did... and the ones who attacked us were all Middle Eastern men with an agenda to destroy America, as well as Americans.

Prior to 9/11, I was more of an isolationist. But now.... we need to get them before they get us, plain and simply.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:36 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,864,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
A "tough" voice of reason is contradictory. Send Bolton to Iran and see how long he lasts.

Edit: No, send his wife and kids first.
Gee, how very "open minded" and "tolerant" and "compassionate" of you, to attack his family because you disagree with him.

Nothing like the stench of liberal hypocrisy!

Old 10-01-2007, 08:40 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,582,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridget72 View Post
That is why France is even on board with us in saying that we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran.
That's a jokeWhat the hell is France going to do to help America if they do invade Iran, oh I know shoot them with some pate de foie gras (that'll blind the Iranian army for sure)

Old 10-01-2007, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
We only wish your mentality was the mentality of our adversaries!
I have to really choose my words because I know you are of the sensitive type, so I will try not to offend. Fortunately intimidation does work! When some scumbag punk comes up to me and my family and threatens to do harm, & I stick my desert eagle in his face, thats pretty damn intimidating, and they will step off in a hurry, "UNLESS" they dont believe I have the stomach to pull the trigger! PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH , mhouse , your feel good, live & let live, america is no better than anybody else, happy, happy kumbaya, cant we all just get along, nonsense is the very reason we are dangerously close to more conflicts and Iran has no qualms about keeping the pot stirred in Iraq. They are banking on the US not having the stomach to pull the trigger! Like I said if only are adversaries thought the way you do!
I am totally with you silas. Asserting our might will send the message to all of the world: We are a force to be reckoned with. Enough with the pansy Clintonesque sell our defense secrets to the world nonsense. Let us make it plain and simple for the world to understand: Do not mess with America!

PS: Where are the guts of our men in America these days? I guess that's a whole other thread I'll post someday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies