Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 01:59 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Honestly this thread should be closed.

To think that all of the non-black women posters know what us black women need or what our lives are like is pretty ridiculous.

As stated, this was discussed in 2012.

I am a black woman. I am married to a black man no less.

If you are all just trying to provide relationship advice to black women, why don't you start a new thread in the Relationships forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2015, 02:08 PM

2,643 posts, read 2,624,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Wrong....tons of blacks and minorities aren't in jail for smoking pot, they're in jail for selling pot.
There's difference between being a drug dealer and getting baked once in a while.
While white people aren't...forgot to add that at my working class high school, the kids who wanted pot bought it at the local private/prep school.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:11 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
[quote=residinghere2007;40984737]\

FYI, crime has decreased as the OOW birthrates in all demographics have risen. There is no direct relationship between OOW and crime. If it was, crime would have increased since the 1970s instead of decreasing rapidly

LOL at the above!!

did you know that after slavery and "through the KKK times" that there were more black people in poverty and and pretty much equal amount of black people in prison and on chain gangs versus today!!

LOL.

quote]

HistoryTest | National Black Republican Association

You can verify my posts through many sources. The above can lead you what to maybe considering regarding history.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post

HistoryTest | National Black Republican Association

You can verify my posts through many sources. The above can lead you what to maybe considering regarding history.
I didn't speak on your republican stuff.

I'm not a Democrat and don't really put much into who is a republican or Dem, all of you are not all great IMO. I'm independent.

Also, you didn't address the fact that OOW birthrates have nothing to do with crime. Also, that "after slavery" and "the end of the KKK" (which is still making me giggle lol), black people were much worse off then than we are today.

And it is also laughable that you even bring up voting and political leaning based on the fact that the majority of black people were kept from participating in elections in this country through the 1960s. So whether or not they were Republicans have nothing to do with anything.

I am much more well versed in black history than you would think. I also know the KKK is still around and that the KKK were not the primary barrier to open participation in American society for blacks in this country.

You should do some studying on more than the KKK and slavery and Republicans if you are truly interested in knowing the history of blacks in this country.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:27 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,529,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary2012 View Post
I simply do not understand why there hasn't been a political platform set up to address the pervasive issue of single motherhood amongst black women. Black women should not wait for the government to save them. Surely, if that were going to happen, it would have already taken place. More, simply need to organize around this platform and reach out to the masses of young black women who are being socially conditioned to accept the notion that raising children alone, without a father's involvement is fine.

When in fact:

Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate - Health - Women's health - NBCNews.com

I just do not forsee any changes occuring, until black women collectively organize, to address this issue. I can't however understand why so many of us continue to sing the praises of black single motherhood, when it's a well known fact that black children (as an aggregate group) are not thriving under these circumstances.
The truth is that if they did, there would be an almighty, outraged, high volume scream about blaming the victims. There would be widespread condemnation of race traitors. The only politically correct accepted course of action is to blame someone else.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
My daughter is 28 and single. She has two degrees, no children, and no current romantic interests. She's open to "marrying out" but darned few Texas white men of any decent prospects are interested in taking her home to meet Mom. Darned few Illinois white men were interested, either. How does she make that happen?
That is the problem. Her compitition is fierce. Like most people do she must beat out her competition . and you sir must offer a good dowery

Old 08-28-2015, 07:28 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,712,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
That I agree with. I have seen ivy educated black woman with good looks and fitness without suitors because of their lower class upbringing and family. The man's first trip to the projects to visit her mom will prob be his last. This world is cruel.
Why would IVY education with assuming 6 figure salary let her mom stay in project instead of getting a place to parents

Old 08-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Why would IVY education with assuming 6 figure salary let her mom stay in project instead of getting a place to parents
He is insinuating with his comments that due to growing up non-wealthy, that this woman has a deficiency which precludes her from having a suitable mate.

What I always find interesting in these conversations is that many try to put a single situation or a single numerical figure/percentage and make conclusions about all black women.

Maybe this woman is happy being single. Many single woman don't want a man.

I will flip the script speak of men. Many of them today are immature and spend their time playing video games and want a professional woman to take care of them and be their sugar mama. And this is not just black men BTW. IMO men are men and women are women and there isn't all that many differences in behavior between skin colors or ethnicity in America.

Men are much weaker today and due to that many women don't value them and in a lot of circumstances, it is easier for the women just to be a single mother and not be married to a mostly "useless" man.

Old 08-31-2015, 07:51 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,327,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I have seen ivy educated black woman with good looks and fitness without suitors because of their lower class upbringing and family.

There ain't that many African Americans who aren't one or two generations away from so-called 'lower class" family members. So I ain't buying that one.

Old 08-31-2015, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John2064 View Post
Do blacks really get married anymore?

Odd comment.

I'm black and I'm married. Over 50% of black people (including black women) are married. Black marriages/weddings are a huge business.

I'm about to drop about $1k this weekend getting my daughter, aka, the flower girl of my cousins wedding decked out in flower girl garb and buying my own dress and my giving a nice wedding shower gift.

Myth Busting the Black Marriage Crisis:

Quote:
Most black women do get married. The ABC News/Nightline article "Single, Black, Female" presents this stat: "42 percent of U.S. black women have never been married, double the number of white women who have never tied the knot." True, say Toldson and Marks. But their independent analysis of American Community Surveys data from 2000 to 2009 shows that among black women 35 and older, the percentage that have never been married drops to 25 percent, meaning that a solid majority (75 percent) of black women get married before they turn 35.
Bold added by me.

Like most negatives that people like to hype about black people in general, the idea that we black women never marry is completely false. The statistics you see touted include very young women in the 18-25 year bracket who are less likely to marry.

I don't know any older black woman who has never been married except my oldest sister who is a lesbian and she will be marrying her long time girlfriend since the SCOTUS decision made gay marriage legal.

Most black women I know have been married more than once. Unfortunately divorce is just as common for black people as it is for whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies