Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times

Advertisements

so the OP only has a problem if it is a U.S. drone strike but ok with Assad sending the Syrian military using their Hind Mi-24 helicopter Gunships on their own people and gunning them down as they flee the city.

I mean I know what Obama was saying when he was caught with his mike on talking to Medev and We pretty much found a way to take out Iran and since Russia would be against a U.N. intervention due to their naval base and site the Libya Mission as to why they veto

Since everyone putting sanctions on Iran and wioth only Russia and China to sell Oil too they get a cheap discount due to having a huge Leverge on price and we topple Syria because and we new that Sunni Vs. ****te civil war would break out and we needed away to get rid of all the arms we sold them over the years so a fight that is spreading all over the Region using all the weapons we sold them over the years and with the U.N. doing their awsome ceasefire mission which is just extended got 3 more months which kind of falls near or after the time of the election.

Where Obama will be "Freeded up with more room to work in" after Re-elected because a strike on Iran now would effect his bid for Re-election and Putin is smart and china Goes along with it and we let suadi arabia and Iran go at by proxy war because that is what they wanted to do and now they can go nuts and fight without any intervention.

So Helicopter Guinships and main batlte tanks are all inplay and they have the war they have wanted or claim to have wanted and we just stay out of it unless they need more weapons which all 3 nations are the top 3 sellers of arms.

we sell billions in arms exports make some money off it and are able to stop Iran from getting nuclear weapons I mean $30 billion and suppoting 50,000 jobs they ma not be shovle ready jobs or green energy but the Aerospace indutry will be doing great and if you supply parts to the production of the planes thant measn the jobs are in Aerospace.

The Obama administration today finalized a $30 billion sale of new Boeing F-15 fighter jets to Saudi Arabia in a deal meant to counteract Iran and support an estimated 50,000 U.S. jobs.

The deal, which was approved by Congress in late 2010, will send 84 advanced F-15SA combat planes to the Royal Saudi Air Force. It also provides for the modernization of 70 existing planes and a cache of munitions, spare parts and other logistical resources, the White House said in a statement.

“This agreement will positively impact the U.S. economy and further advances the president’s commitment to create jobs by increasing exports,” deputy White House press secretary Josh Earnest said in the statement. “According to industry experts, this agreement will support more than 50,000 American jobs, engaging 600 suppliers in 44 states, and providing $3.5 billion in annual economic impact to the U.S. economy.”

The plane package is roughly half of a larger $60 billion deal – the biggest U.S. arms sale to Saudi Arabia ever – that was brokered in September 2010.

Source: White House, Saudi Arabia Sign $30B F-15 Deal - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 05:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
No.

When Obama kills, it's A-OK by the MSM!

Old 07-22-2012, 05:43 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,330,060 times
We were never really great at making money exporting Solar pannels because China has that covered but we are into the exporting of Boeing built Airplanes from the commerical 747 to the F-15 I mean guess Sudai Arabia is into the 2 seat Mach 2.5 planes than theBoeing 787 Dreamliner but those are the planes they want and even though the 787 gets 20% better fuel economy the older 767 but they did not want a airplane version of minivan they wanted a sports car and so they bought the Corvette since they both have a long history of outsanding performance massive engines and seat two...

Saudi Arabi is in a mid life crisis but we are must be good car salesmen since they purchased them and once they are off ther lot what someone does with it is not or how the use it is up to them and if the get into an Accident with some other country and we are not Responsible and their are not Refunds.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:58 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Saddam had women and kids sleeping in his palace when he was under attack.. the enemy of other countries use their kids as shields and teach them to throw grenades at our soldiers... they think differently than we do.
I dunno... think Obama might be hiding his wife and kids in the Whitehouse? What kills me is that we created and funded the Taliban, and fueled their 'extremism' when they were fighting the Russian 'occupiers' for us. When we became the occupiers, all the sudden they are evil 'terrorists' we can start blowing up cities willy-nilly. Saddam was our 'buddy', until we decided that he had to go. What exactly he did to **** us off to that degree is still much under debate.

Old 07-22-2012, 08:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,330,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
No.

When Obama kills, it's A-OK by the MSM!
Who has he killed?

Old 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Obama Lied.

People Died.

Seems simple enough.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:10 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I cant believe American military is purposely firing rockets into places where children are likely to become casualties,
Exactly, some of the people in this thread don't realize the extent to which our military and CIA go to avoid civilian casualties that yes causes them to have failed drone sorties and missed opportunities.

They are currently moving from using Hellfire to Griffin missiles on drones, not only because of round capacity but because the smaller warhead and can further reduce risk of civilian casualties. Hellfire is meant to kill heavily armored tanks and was a stopgap for drones since easy to integrate, griffin will be a much better solution for the usually relatively soft targets these terrorists provide.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:15 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,202,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
What kills me is that we created and funded the Taliban
Then you would be a senseless death, as Pakistan created the Taliban.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Not to belittle what happened in Colorado - but with the day in/ day out coverage dedicated to the 12 who died, and the visit by president Obama - has he ever said so much as a word about the innocents killed by drone strikes? Has the media ever so much as mentioned it? Do they know how 'terrorists' get created?

Please forgive my callousness - I forgot how much more valuable an American life is than a Pakistani's.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/08/12

US Drones Killing Children in Pakistan: One Reporter's Story | | AlterNet

Children killed in Drone attacks in Pakistan.flv - YouTube
Good question. I don't think the President of the United States should authorize assassination hits unless it is in a time of war authorized by the congress of the United States. We have given the Presidents too much power. A lot of power was taken away from the Presidents after Nixon. Slowly the power has been given back and expanded. I don't think any president should get to decide who lives or dies without congressional approval. This goes for Democrat or Republican. It is just too much power in the hands of one person.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't think any president should get to decide who lives or dies without congressional approval..

The Constitution gives the President much of the power you speak of. The rest has been granted by the vey Congress you speak of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies