Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:56 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
One of my friends who is still in the Army said he did not care. It was just "colateral" damage.
Sweet. I just have to get one of the baby carrying harness front and back while I walk around shooting people.

If you return fire you might hit a baby thus making you as bad as I am.

Iraq should have just parked all their AA platforms next to peoples houses.

I don't like it but what do you do? If you stop going after people because of civilians, you've lost since they will just surround themselves 24-7 with them.

P.S. If the discussion is solely about GTFO of afghanistan etc. then I'm all for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,813,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post
You want equality ?
Just wait until they turn those drones on the American people.
It won't be just the local police who have the wrong address.
Since Pakistan doesn't have drone weaponry, are you implying, gasp, that the US military might use drones on it's own people? Hmm, you may be on to something...

"Air Force to begin testing drone-fired lasers over North Dakota July 23, 2012

On July 26, the U.S. Air National Guard will get the green light to begin firing lasers from unmanned attack drones in a vast swath of skies over North Dakota, despite the concerns of local commercial pilots.

At the Devils Lake home of the North Dakota Army National Guard, pilots train on MQ-1 Predator drones — the most prevalent unmanned attack vehicle in the military arsenal. In late June the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) published an updated set of rules and regulations covering Devils Lake, creating several large restricted airspaces over the Camp Gilbert C. Grafton military base."

Air Force to begin testing drone-fired lasers over North Dakota - BlackListedNews.com

Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 AM

4,040 posts, read 7,445,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Show me where I said any of those things. You are delusional. Please read my posts,
and stop putting words in my mouth.

Just for your edification, I coach youth sports, and volunteer over 400 hours every year
to my community. Besides your pontification on here, do you actually DO anything for
your fellow man?
I don't need any edification, Mister. Honestly, after what so many of you said here...I could not care less about your volunteering. Do obtuse minds have anything else to show under the "humanity and empathy" column except "volunteering"? I understand it looks good on your CV-s and it makes you feel so enamored with yourself when you don that "respectable citizen" suit - but really, do you think the rest of the world is THAT imbecilic?

Humans all over the world "volunteer", a whole lot more and much more heavily than what you do. It's called helping your family, helping your relatives, helping your friends in need and your neighbors, doing what needs done when the need arises, being a human without thinking about it.

What the rest of the world DOESN'T do is keep track of the hours they "do what needs done" so they can rub their respectability in the face of dupes; they fail to give an official name to "doing what needs done" and they simply do it. Not for that CV or for that "respectable citizen" suit, but because their heart and instinct tells them their help is needed and it's time to jump and help.
Not in a million years would it occur to them that what they just did is called "volunteering'.

Many of you here who pretty much argued that it is OK to view other humans as "collateral damage" as long as they are far enough from you, should frankly be imprisoned.
Whether you "volunteer" or not. I bet you'd find some volunteering hours on that Holmes CV too if you looked carefully enough.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:12 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
155,000 didn't die today because this country killed them under the pretense of spreading democracy.

So you only care about a few of the people who died today.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:18 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So you only care about a few of the people who died today.
Why are you putting words in my mouth??

The ones who die at the hands of our government and our fcked up foreign police are our problem. We elected those people. What makes you think we shall bear no rsponsibility whatsoever?

Old 07-23-2012, 09:31 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Not to belittle what happened in Colorado - but with the day in/ day out coverage dedicated to the 12 who died, and the visit by president Obama - has he ever said so much as a word about the innocents killed by drone strikes? Has the media ever so much as mentioned it? Do they know how 'terrorists' get created?

Please forgive my callousness - I forgot how much more valuable an American life is than a Pakistani's.

https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/08/12

US Drones Killing Children in Pakistan: One Reporter's Story | | AlterNet

Children killed in Drone attacks in Pakistan.flv - YouTube
You are equating war with a lone lunatic gunman? War is hell, no one, except Muslim terrorists, sets out to purposely kill children in a war, for the USA they are unfortunate civilian casualties. I'm not trying to minimize their deaths, just stating the ugly fact of war. Only if war could be carried out like the surgical strikes in the movies, where only the bad people died.

The movie theater murders are different, because we have a crazy person purposely killing innocent people for no reason. In a drone attack, we have a military trying to take out mass murdering terrorists with drones, the civilians are not the target. However, the mass murdering terrorists DO purposely target innocent women and children for murder, innocent civilians are their preferred target.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Obama Lied.

People Died.

Seems simple enough.
Yes, just as Bush Lied. People Died. Simple enough.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Why are you putting words in my mouth??

The ones who die at the hands of our government and our fcked up foreign police are our problem. We elected those people. What makes you think we shall bear no rsponsibility whatsoever?
Funny how those who never served are the first to defend the drone killing of innocents. You would think that the military would be the strongest pro-war advocates, but as their support for the only 'peace' candidate, Ron Paul, indicates - they have seen the horror of war and don't want to see anymore needless killing.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:56 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
The movie theater murders are different, because we have a crazy person purposely killing innocent people for no reason. In a drone attack, we have a military trying to take out mass murdering terrorists with drones, the civilians are not the target. However, the mass murdering terrorists DO purposely target innocent women and children for murder, innocent civilians are their preferred target.
Lies.
This is not our war, this is not our country.
They know that the lives of mostly innocent people will be taken.
We knowingly kill others, too.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:11 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You are equating war with a lone lunatic gunman? War is hell, no one, except Muslim terrorists, sets out to purposely kill children in a war, for the USA they are unfortunate civilian casualties. I'm not trying to minimize their deaths, just stating the ugly fact of war. Only if war could be carried out like the surgical strikes in the movies, where only the bad people died.

Months ago we has a US soldier open fire, kill innocent children and adults.

Lots of people didn't care. Some called Bales a hero.

I wonder if they feel the same way about James Holmes. But I doubt it. In the eyes of this people only American lives are precious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies