Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 02:15 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pancake View Post
There is exponentially more evidence of evolution than there is of creationism.

Religion is for the weak and feeble. It is used to control the sheep and remove their money from their wallets. It is a crutch for those who cannot make their own decisions.

There is a reason why studies show the more religious a state is the lower the average IQ tends to be.
It's ironic that the Bible said we were made from the dust of the earth 6 or 8 or 10 thousand years before science said we were made from the dust of the earth ..

We evolved only "after" we were made .. Science is even suggesting that we were made from "the right combination of chemicals" .. um .. all of which are found right here on earth ..

Before any of you knock science or the Bible ... take a good long look at both .. because if you try to discredit one over the other, you will always be wrong.

The Bible backs Science just like Science backs the Bible .. They are either both fairytales .. or not .. which is it? .. You can't have it one way or the other.

Creation and Evolution are both true ..

Now what's all this nonsense about being feeble? ..

Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 AM

390 posts, read 265,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
It's ironic that the Bible said we were made from the dust of the earth 6 or 8 or 10 thousand years before science said we were made from the dust of the earth ..

We evolved only "after" we were made .. Science is even suggesting that we were made from "the right combination of chemicals" .. um .. all of which are found right here on earth ..

Before any of you knock science or the Bible ... take a good long look at both .. because if you try to discredit one over the other, you will always be wrong.

The Bible backs Science just like Science backs the Bible .. They are either both fairytales .. or not .. which is it? .. You can't have it one way or the other.

Creation and Evolution are both true ..

Now what's all this nonsense about being feeble? ..

Science only backs the bible when you choose to twist the ideas presented by science in a way that coincides with your belief in the bible.

The bible also stated individuals lived hundreds of years. Where is your science backing that? There are countless fairy tales in the bible, the entire book is one gigantic myth. Science can be proven.

The bible? Lol not so much.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Science only backs the bible when you choose to twist the ideas presented by science in a way that coincides with your belief in the bible.

The bible also stated individuals lived hundreds of years. Where is your science backing that? There are countless fairy tales in the bible, the entire book is one gigantic myth. Science can be proven.

The bible? Lol not so much.
Where is your science stating that man "didn't" live hundreds of years?

You'll have to look at your science a little more closely than you have been .. start with genetics, and move along from there to climate, and then on to environment .. I suppose you don't believe in dinosaurs either.
Haven't you ever found it odd that the human body is supposed to regenerate itself every 11 years .. why doesn't this happen likes it's supposed to .. science is still trying to figure this one out .. couldn't have anything to do with genetics could it? .. We'll wait for your science on that one I suppose .. Interesting too that the sun also has an every 11 year cycle .. hmmm .. there are just so many unknowns isn't there .. That's what science is all about ..

Man has evolved and adapted in unimaginable countless ways over the eons .. ways that science is only just now discovering. And here we have the Bible .. waiting to say .. I Told You So.

Science in and of itself can also be defined as myth in various regards

Science = observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena ( a theory is what it is and it's not fact)

You've got to look at both ends before you can understand that the two compliment each other.

I'm not telling you to run all off and turn Jesus freak on me here .. I'm just stating the facts about the two disciplines, and how they have the uncanny knack of backing each other up .. that's all.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:49 AM

390 posts, read 265,825 times
You want me to prove a negative? Lol, I see you are one of those people

There is ZERO evidence humans are capable, or have ever been capable of living that long. None.

Morons will attempt to use the bible as some form of "evidence". The bible is best used as toilet paper, and it certainly carries no evidentiary credibility.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:55 AM

Quote:
You want me to prove a negative? Lol, I see you are one of those people

There is ZERO evidence humans are capable, or have ever been capable of living that long. None.

Morons will attempt to use the bible as some form of "evidence". The bible is best used as toilet paper, and it certainly carries no evidentiary credibility.
My asking you to prove a negetive isn't any more inane than you denying the very science you claim to support.

If the human body were able to regenerate every 11 years, like "your science" says it supposed to .. Then we humans might be finding ourselves living well beyond any of our presumed years .. In a nutshell, "your science" has already suggested, that man is capable of living as many years as the Bible says they did way back when. Science has already proved that of which you consider a myth .. all science has to do now is figure out a way to trigger that mechanism.

Like I said .. you've got to look at both sides.

If you were even half as capable as you seem to imagine you are by your postings in this thread, you would already know that what I'm saying is true. Calling me a moron is proof enough already that you can't be taken too seriously, or even at all, in discussions like these. You tipped your hand and erred on the side of ignorance. I'm sorry for you in that regard.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:36 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
Quote:
The bible, or any religious text for that matter, do not belong in any form of public school.

Children need to be taught facts, backed up with substantiating evidence. Not some BS little fairy tale.
I'm okay with portions of it being used in a comparative religion class where there's no bias. Supernatural stuff aside, it's actually an interesting book with stories and poetry. A lot of it could easily be taught as literature.

Quote:
There is exponentially more evidence of evolution than there is of creationism.

Religion is for the weak and feeble. It is used to control the sheep and remove their money from their wallets. It is a crutch for those who cannot make their own decisions.

There is a reason why studies show the more religious a state is the lower the average IQ tends to be.
Depends on the version of the religion. Fundamentalism, yes, but I do believe that you can believe in a higher power and still be an intelligent, thinking person. Atheists/Agnostics aren't the only ones walking around with a brain, despite what they like to tell themselves.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:38 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
The Bible is fine to use for teaching to children.

there are plenty of edited childrens' editions one can use.
Lol, isn't it kind of sad and pathetic that you have to edit God's own book for children? If you can't even tell your 10-year-old about God in an uncensored way, is that a god you really want to believe in?

Old 08-11-2012, 05:40 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,462,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
heh .. we've got people going around shooting people in movie theatres and churches in this country "today", and here we are, worried about some old dead guy having incest in a book that nobody reads.

If I were any of you, I would be more concerned with what children are looking at on the television, cable, or the internet .. reading some dried up old book that nobody likes to read anyway, is pretty mild when you consider what goes on in today's modern media.

Irony .. back in the "olden days", the Bible was read to children all the time, and no one went around shooting up the community trying to kill everyone they saw.

Somehow I think that reading those dried up old Biblical stories might not be such a bad thing afterall .. Maybe we would have less of those movie theatre, church, and school shootings that everyone seems to be so into these days.
How do you know that?

No matter which way you cut it, the Bible is at least as graphic, if not more graphic, than any movie or video game you could think of. Have you seen a movie that outright promotes rape, incest, and slavery? I know I haven't.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:03 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Isaiah 13:15-18 "Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword...." NLT - Online Bible Study

15 Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. 16 Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. 17 For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. 18 The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:52 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,215 times
The Bible captures the depravity of humanity due to sin and the miracles that occurred, just like each occur today. As a parent, would you teach your 2 year old about rape, murder and sex, or would you save that for when she was capable of understanding it. Would you let her look at pictures in Playboy or do you show her pictures of the ABCs, animals and farms, pictures of towns, trees, the sky, toys, children playing and brushing their teeth, etc. As her protector, you would teach her what she could handle.

Get real people and stop the hysteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies