Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 07:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythunderstood View Post
So, since the flood did NOT wipe out evil and depravity from the world, what exactly was god's purpose in killing all of those people (including innocent children and babies)? If that was his goal, then why did he fail so miserably?
man failed. And man was created with a free will. God did not make us robots to obey him.We were all make in God's image yet many follow after satan who rebelled against God.

We can choose what we do with our lives. No one is innocent. We are all born with the propensity to sin and we all do. That is why God sent Jesus who died for our sins and we can be born of the spirit of God through Jesus Christ.

It was so evil God wiped them out and he can do it again. Next time he will not do it with water but it will be a time like never before. In the last days men will become lovers of themselves and it will get worse. There will be wars and rumors of wars but the time is not yet. In the last days evil will reign and the spirit of anti-christ will be stronger and stronger. And the world will be shaken like never before. Many will die and destruction, death, famine and sickness will be like no other time. Satan comes to kill steal and destroy.

Man has not respected themselves or God. They will be lost and reject God. Many will find God but much more will reject God.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:16 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,340,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
the bible and qu'ran belong next to the fire place!! only good place i can think of.. you never know one might run out of kindling
On the contrary. The Bible (don't know about the Koran) contains some of the loveliest poetry about human love ever composed. Forget about the fireplace. You might want to keep this section on your nightstand...

Song of Solomon

My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.
O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.
Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:17 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
In fact, homosexuality is demonstrated to be so wrong that a father should attempt to thwart it by offering up his virgin daughters for a gang rape as an alternative.
When one searches for the real answer one will find it..............
It’s very important to remember that just because something’s in the Bible, it’s not necessarily there because it’s a good thing. In this chapter we have Lot attempting to swap his male visitors for his daughters so that the residents of Sodom can rape his family members instead of his guests. Questionable morals there.......... This passage had confused me for a long time until I realized that there are examples of people not behaving as God intended as well as the reverse. I wondered why would God prefer Lot’s daughters to be raped than Lot’s angelic guests? The answer is he didn’t want anyone to get raped, that’s why the angels were sent in the first place because things were horribly wrong in Sodom.

Then there’s this bit at the end about incest, with Lot’s daughters getting him drunk and then sleeping with him. Some have considered that as this event occurred before the giving of the Law on Sinai, that incest was OK as perhaps the genepool hadn’t yet been so polluted by sin. However, from reading the passage itself it’s clear that a certain level of morality already existed – Lot’s daughters knew that in order to accomplish their goals, they would have to get their father drunk, otherwise it would never happen. This shows first of all how Lot did have some standards, but it also shows how Lot didn’t inspire a massive amount of respect from his family. His daughter's had their own thinking, not God.........

Obedience has its rewards and disobedience has its consequences. A consequence of Lot’s incest with his daughters was the birth of two peoples, the Moabites and the Ammonites who became sworn enemies of God’s chosen people the Jews.

To our modern sensibilities, it’s hard to understand why God would allow these two terrible incidents to occur. We are told in 1 Corinthians 10:1 that the record of the Old Testament is for an “example” to us. In other words, God gives us the whole truth about biblical characters, their sin, their failures, their victories and good deeds, and we are to learn from their example, what to do and what not to do. In fact, this is one of the ways God teaches us what we need to know in order to make good choices as believers. We can learn the easy way by knowing and obeying God’s Word or we can learn the hard way by suffering the consequences of our mistakes or we can learn by watching others and “taking heed” from their experiences................... Simple as wanting to know the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies