Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 12:49 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Cite one scientist who claimed the Big Bang "started from nothing".

What did it start from? I am listening.

Old 08-11-2012, 01:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Why do people expect the Bible to be clean and antiseptic? It is about human beings and God's relationship with them and their relationship with God. Human beings have a sinful nature - so why is anyone surprised that the events recorded in the Bible feature people often at their worst - and yes often at their best? The Bible doesn't cut corners - it is a double edged sword - and the word of God. Every word has a purpose and when read with the help of the Holy Spirit(once one has accepted Jesus Christ) the book speaks in ways that are not manifest just in the printed word.

Absolutely the Bible is fit to be read to children - as with anything there are age approriate materials that don't need to be presented until children reach a certain age.

Jesus said "Let the little children come to me, for they are like the kingdom of heaven". If Jesus invited the children to his presence - don't you think he intended them to be exposed to his Word also?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:00 PM

390 posts, read 265,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Why do people expect the Bible to be clean and antiseptic? It is about human beings and God's relationship with them and their relationship with God. Human beings have a sinful nature - so why is anyone surprised that the events recorded in the Bible feature people often at their worst - and yes often at their best? The Bible doesn't cut corners - it is a double edged sword - and the word of God. Every word has a purpose and when read with the help of the Holy Spirit(once one has accepted Jesus Christ) the book speaks in ways that are not manifest just in the printed word.

Absolutely the Bible is fit to be read to children - as with anything there are age approriate materials that don't need to be presented until children reach a certain age.

Jesus said "Let the little children come to me, for they are like the kingdom of heaven". If Jesus invited the children to his presence - don't you think he intended them to be exposed to his Word also?
You should've started your post with the word "Allegedly".

Do not pretend your little fairy tale is factual.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
What did it start from? I am listening.
The matter that has always been there, that cannot be created nor destroyed. I believe, and you can check on this, that Aristotle more or less stated this a few years back.

BTW, from what was God created? Since, according to your logic, everything must be created, you must have an answer to this. God is something, not nothing, therefore God must have been created from something. Where did God come from? There had to be a starting point in which God either appeared out of something or out of nothing. Which do you think it was?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Do you believe the same of the Quran?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Do you believe the same of the Quran?
Yes.

The Qur'an is fit for children to read.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Yes.

The Qur'an is fit for children to read.
I agree.

BTW, who or what created God?

Old 08-11-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I agree.

BTW, who or what created God?
God is infinite.

If you have studied math and especially calculus - you can understand such a concept.

God said, "I am the Alpha(beginning) and the Omega(end), who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty".

- Revelation 1:8

Since you seem to like the Qur'an - if you wish I will look up a similar verse in that book - but only at your request.

Hope this helps, peace.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:25 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
I'm not very religious but, I do believe in god. Having said that I can not understand why any one would pist something like the OP did. I would never, ever go there when speaking of religion...regardless of what religion it was. It's completely disrespectful to people who believe in that religion.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
I'm not very religious but, I do believe in god. Having said that I can not understand why any one would pist something like the OP did. I would never, ever go there when speaking of religion...regardless of what religion it was. It's completely disrespectful to people who believe in that religion.
The goal in life for some people is to disrespect religion and God. I'm with you - even in my times of "walking through the desert" - where I was distant from God - I never spoke ill about him or any religion. Some things are holy and sacred and generally throughout history - a priest, rabbi, imam, guru, or other religious leader or teacher was respected regardless of ones attitude towards religion. Sadly - this respect for the things of God has been rejected by many - whom actually make it their mission to disparage religion and those who are spiritually inclined.

Its pretty sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies