Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 10:18 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
CNN online poll on MJ re-legalization: 96% legal for all adults, 2% medical only, 2% no for all. Do you think CNN is a fake site or they are all stoned?

There are now 50 million admitted cannabis users in US, but there are still 25% of Americans in chronic pain, so obviously there are many whom Drs. & Big Pharma can't help. So IMO it would be better if we had over 100 million regular users. The 126 medical uses where it sometimes helps better than pills are well documented on site of Dr. Lester Grinspoon MD retired from Harvard Medical School. I think the site is rxmarijuana dot com. He was strongly against it until he read the actual studies.

If you need help in understanding the harms caused by the drug war, Please visit Law Enforcement Against Prohibition leap dot cc or judges against the drug war dot org. The top judge in that org Jim Gray is now VP of Libertarian Prez candidate Gary Johnson, who's at 24% as of 8/8. He would put a 100% tax on cannabis, making it 90% cheaper. 23% nat'l sales tax w/exemptions. No other Federal tax.

Do you think smoking cannabis is worse than committing suicide? There was a survey of those who say they use cannabis ("marijuana") for medical reasons. 26% said they are using it to treat depression, which claims the lives of 31,000 Americans a year. They often call themselves recreational users due to stigma of mental illness or mood disorders. Anxiety, depression, anger control, etc, it often works great.

Recently, there have been many anecdotes about people using cannabis oil to cure cancer & other fatal illnesses. Cannabis oil was in pharmacies until 1937, when cancer war rare. Now, we have a cancer epidemic with 30% of Americans dying from cancer, compared to 13% worldwide. The most popular Dr. on the internet Dr. Joseph Mercola, says the cancer epidemic is caused by the 85,000 toxins approved for our soil, air, water & food.

30% of police officers will be dying prematurely from cancer until the police side with the public on this subject. The CSA of 1970 is BS, guaranteed. Computers bring us truth. Best wishes!
What does your tirade have to do with the OP which was from some supposed lawyer posting to a weed blog which is what I was referring to which was the topic of the thread???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 10:38 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Default OK, here's the driving issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Now I've never heard of anyone having an overdose from using weed but saying that it hasn't contributed to any deaths is a far reach. We just brought up driving while intoxicated earlier in the thread. Do you actually think nobody has ever died from driving while under the influence of marijuana or simply having an accident falling down the stairs stoned etc? It is hard to actually find any study as to what the numbers actually could be because most studies on this are highly biased one way or the other.
Marijuana by itself causes very, very few accidents, if any. A LEAP officer said he was in the scene of about 2,000 crashes & not one was ruled to have been caused by MJ. Keep in mind that many marijuana smokers have mental problems that date back to before they ever used MJ. Problem could be lifelong attention deficit, that could be caused by unusually high anxiety. (possibly caused by baby vaccines).

A study I read says smoking as much MJ as possible is thought to impair a driver to the equivalent of 0.04 % BAC. The real danger is the combination effect of MJ with alcohol. Moderate to heavy MJ use + alcohol use at same time will make a person feel like they've had twice as much to drink. This may be OK for walking, except across a busy high-speed highway with no traffic lights, but it is really risky when driving. It's likely combination effects have caused deaths, but when MJ only, highly doubtful.

Alcohol users probably drive fast and don't know or don't care. Cannabis users are likely to be aware of impairment & drive slower to allow greater reaction time. But what happens to those who've had plenty of both? While reactions & exceptions to these statements may occur, if combined use causes eyelids to intermittently close, walking is better then driving when in park, schoolyard, woods, or along residential streets. Would not even recommend crossing a highway unless with more alert person.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Well of course nobody would ever mix booze and weed. I don't care what your on you shouldn't be driving. If that is an argument you want to push to try and legalize weed I guarantee you its not going to help your cause. Well driving high isn't as bad as driving drunk?? No that won't help any legalization argument. Like I said they will have to clear the hurdle of coming up with some sort of sobriety test for smokers before it's done all over which I agree with by the way. I don't want my kid run down by some stoned driver any more than a drunk driver. I've done both in my time on this earth, not run anybody over mind you, but both impair you. Now sure a lot of folks just chill and eat some cheeto's and fall asleep or whatever. Lot of drunks stay home and get hammered too. I got no problem with either until you put others in danger.

Old 08-17-2012, 10:55 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Might put a dent in some profits.
Factory owners: Federal prisoners stealing our business - CNN Money

Old 08-17-2012, 11:01 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well of course nobody would ever mix booze and weed. I don't care what your on you shouldn't be driving. If that is an argument you want to push to try and legalize weed I guarantee you its not going to help your cause. Well driving high isn't as bad as driving drunk?? No that won't help any legalization argument. Like I said they will have to clear the hurdle of coming up with some sort of sobriety test for smokers before it's done all over which I agree with by the way. I don't want my kid run down by some stoned driver any more than a drunk driver. I've done both in my time on this earth, not run anybody over mind you, but both impair you. Now sure a lot of folks just chill and eat some cheeto's and fall asleep or whatever. Lot of drunks stay home and get hammered too. I got no problem with either until you put others in danger.
I agree with driving while impaired, unfortunately, I think this applies to many legal drugs, as well.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:05 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,122,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Say "NO" to drugs.
Really? U continue with your prohibitionist propaganda

Old 08-17-2012, 11:15 PM

Quote:
You are right. The subject has been rehashed over and over and I will never change my mind.

I will point out, though, that 80% of drugs addicts who enter Cliffside treatment center in Malibu, California started off using pot. Not a "myth;" a fact.
I'm sure they started taking ADHD meds as a kid or smoking cigarettes or maybe they drank a beer. They drank milk before all those so let's blame milk.

100,000,000 have tried pot

3,500,000 have tried heroin

Your stupid propaganda Prohibitionist 'theory' DEBUNKED

What other brain busters do u have??!!

Last edited by westcoastforme; 08-17-2012 at 11:28 PM..

Old 08-17-2012, 11:22 PM

Quote:
The gateway drug argument is a definite fact, but nice try.
The potheads refuse to accept facts, though.
Lol. Do you realize how ignorant and ridiculous you appear. "fox news rules" that's just the icing on the cake! I'm no liberal, more of a libertarian, but FOX??? Wooooo

Old 08-17-2012, 11:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
The "gateway drug" argument is just an old leftover argument from the D.A.R.E. (or any other anti-drug) program (which I realise is still going on) where fearmongering was the way to get kids to not do drugs.

ANd hey, for me, it worked. Until I grew up and realised how full of crap most of the stuff they taught us in D.A.R.E. was. The only reason I don't touch pot is that it's illegal and as a father, I don't need to go to jail. But once it's legalized, I will probably partake in the drug again (however, not around my daughter, of course. My rule of "no drinking around her" will extend to pot.)
Tht's cool. I have no desire to use marijuana - but I'm not about to tell others that they can't - and I certainly wouldn't encourage or discourage my nieces to do so - I will let them experiment on their own.

Shoot - I remember filling out a D.A.R.E notebook on an airplane on a school vacation - now I see it as a waste of time. I still remember the name of the cop who who taught the class.

I even gave some presentations against marijuana to elementary school kids when I was in high school - some of those kids are probally reading this forum now.

To them I say now - marijuana used in moderation is harmless - its like anything that messes with your mind. Be careful - use it responsibility - and don't let it damage your relationship with the Lord.

Last edited by Harrier; 08-18-2012 at 12:07 AM..

Old 08-18-2012, 12:07 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Kinda like Wheaties are a gateway to steaks?

LOL. Show us any proof of "gateway" to anything.
People like him don't need proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies