Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 05:00 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
lol this is hilarious, how many times has Israel been invaded by the countries surrounding it? Heaven forbid they are considered a victim or trigger happy.
Yeah, remember 1967 when those who surround the Israelis pushed them into taking them on, one at a time? I never have figured out why those Arabs didn't just all come at once. I guess they are like those on our present day movies about martial arts fighters who 50 let get at them one at a time. WOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

I bestow upon thee the honorary rank of Brevet General.

If I got troops on the ground, I want air cover and air defense. Good tactical call by you.

Impressed...

Mircea
See my post about the Six Day War and see why all that air cover will do very little good if all the troops in use are Egyptians.

I might demote you to Corporal, so you could be like Hitler.

Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
So you would prefer a Jewish Tribal State over an Islamic Tribal State. I choose to let them deal with it.
Is dealing with it what the Egyptians were trying to do in 1967? I guess it was.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:12 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I would say that war is looming boldy..........

"Egypt has set up anti-aircraft missiles in the Sinai Desert, without notifying Israel and in violation of the Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty, according to Israeli reports, even as Egypt’s new leader has seized control of Egypt’s vast bureaucracy. Israeli officials are not speaking publicly about the missile transfer that is only the latest and perhaps the most serious of actions by Egypt’s new Islamic regime that may signal the imminent failure of the Egyptian-Israeli treaty"

Fears That Egypt and Iran May Draw Closer As Egypt Reportedly Puts Missiles on Border | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

We have the only aircraft that capable of taking them out, undetected.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:14 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Have you ever been to Israel?

I am not taking sides. I don't have to decide which one would be better or worse. The U.S. needs to stay out of the middle east. It is nothing but tribalism.

You can rule the world if you control the energy.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:04 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
That is odd since it is the arab states who attacked Israel post WWII and they were also attacked in the arab-israeli war in 1973. So in your mind a bad neighbor is one who you attack and they fight back. I guess that is the mindset your posting from anyway.
No in my mind a bad neighbor is someone who has a window broken in their house. They dont really know who did it so they pick someone at random and burn their house down in retaliation.
How many people died in Lebanon in 2006? I am talking civilians.
The illegal blockade in international waters? Basically an act of piracy.
I have no argument about the 6 days war or those of the 60's o early 70's.
Israel destroyed a nation in the late 70's that they were not at war with.
They even turned on their Christian allies.
I stand by what I said. Isreal is not a good neighbor to have.
How many UN resolutions are they in violation of? How many treaty's have they signed only to violate later?
Have you ever been to Israel? Have you ever seen with your own eyes how they treat Palestinians?
I have.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You really need to remove your blinders.

Israel has only counterattacked, or replied to a provocation.
Have you been there to see how they treat Palestinians? have you seen how they degrade a common man trying to go to work? If you havent then I suggest you take a trip over there and take your own blinders off.
Provocation comes in many forms. Kick even the nicest dog enough times and it will bite.
What was the provocation when Israel attacked the USS Liberty?
More resently A boat load of unarmed civilians in international waters?
If someone bulldozed your home how would you feel about it?
If someone bombed your village killing a family member for something you had nothing to do with, how would you feel about it?
If the UN said your home your village your state is now the property of someone else no compensation just deal with it, how would you feel about it.
Me I would be mad as hell.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I don't care. Lets just stop giving weapons and money to the both of them. If they want to kill each other because they belong to different tribes, then have at it, but lets stay out of it.
Thank you. You are exactly correct. What if Isreal didn't have the sole super power for a sugar daddy?
What if they had to actually answer up for their actions?
My bone isn't so much with Israel and their practices. It's with our double standard and us footing the bill for their practices.
Isreal levels Gaza and Obama pays to rebuild it.
Billions wasted every year playing the sugar daddy.
Pick 4 states each year and spend it at home instead.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No in my mind a bad neighbor is someone who has a window broken in their house. They dont really know who did it so they pick someone at random and burn their house down in retaliation.
How many people died in Lebanon in 2006? I am talking civilians.
The illegal blockade in international waters? Basically an act of piracy.
I have no argument about the 6 days war or those of the 60's o early 70's.
Israel destroyed a nation in the late 70's that they were not at war with.
They even turned on their Christian allies.
I stand by what I said. Isreal is not a good neighbor to have.
How many UN resolutions are they in violation of? How many treaty's have they signed only to violate later?
Have you ever been to Israel? Have you ever seen with your own eyes how they treat Palestinians?
I have.
I keep asking the same question as you about the treaties they are in violation of and nobody seems to be able to answer.

Well they know who "broke the window" in this case. Egypt has violated their peace treaty by putting those guns in the sinai.

Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
I keep asking the same question as you about the treaties they are in violation of and nobody seems to be able to answer.

Well they know who "broke the window" in this case. Egypt has violated their peace treaty by putting those guns in the sinai.
So let Isreal and Egypt hash it out. We need to mind our own business.
One need only look.
Is Israel in Violation of the Israel-Egypt Peace Treaty? | MyFDL

Rogue State: Israeli Violations of U.N. Security Council Resolutions | Foreign Policy Journal

Israeli Violations of International Law

Israel violates Lebanese air space despite existing regional tension - UN envoy

Planned Israeli settlements in West Bank violate international law, says UN envoy=
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies