Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 04:17 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,964,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion stops a beating heart.
It was a question for the ladies (of which we know you are not), and that wasn't even an answer... but I know that's your new m.o. to post this on every abortion thread!

Now to answer the question, as a woman it does bother me to have men making these decisions - however, it would bother me almost as much to have another woman telling me what to do with my body.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 05:48 AM

8,894 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
So you don't have a problem with a bunch of sexually dysfunctional males telling you what you can and can't do?
What's new about this situation? We recently had a bunch of them tell the whole country to purchase a product or we'd have to pay them money.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:58 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,377,286 times
There is no doubt in my mind that if men could get pregnant, there would be no discussion whatsoever of taking away their right to decide.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:07 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Does it bother you ladies out there to have a largely male-dominated government making decisions about abortion?

Make no mistake about it... i don't like abortion. It does not sit well with me. That being said, if i was in government, I don't think i would feel comfortable making that decision-- not being a woman, not knowing what it is like to worry about being raped, not having to bear the burden of carrying a child to birth. I would appoint a group of female advisers, some pro-life and some pro-choice, to discuss all perspectives in detail.
This dated feminist eccentric idea about "male-dominated" - is an insult on males in general....Hate to break it to you...men are maternal also. - The "rape" factor is rare and over played...the "burden" of carrying a child- good men share that burden...this sexism that separates males from females when it comes to reproduction is and always was a disgrace- woman are more than vessels - and men are more than sperm ejectors into those vessels...When is humanity going to grow up and stop practicing this sexual racism..that the sexes are now pitted against each other as if it were a race war...as if men were an enemy...most men make wonderful mothers. This "domintion" thing over woman is a myth...It is a hatred instilled in young woman that men are nothing but a walking penis..That would be like saying that woman are nothing but a vagina with legs..

This whole issue is so discouraging..that fact that human evolution is running in reverse...If apes could talk they would be laughing at us.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:24 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Men should not be making decisions for women......period.

Women are quite capable of making their own healthcare decisions.....just like men do.

And yes, it does bother me when men, whether in government or not, think they can even begin to really understand the issue since they can never truly comprehend what it would be like to be forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy.

Wise men realize this and support women making their own reproductive choices.
A cute verbal trick is calling abortion a 'healthcare decision,' when in fact it rarely involves 'healthcare.' Far more often than not, abortion is unrelated to what most normal people think of as the 'health' of the woman.

Don't get me wrong. A woman can have multiple abortions [many do] for all I care. But the decision usually revolves around money, work, school, too many kids, stuff like that, not her health.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:30 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Most abortionists are men so I guess most women who go get an abortion don't care then. Are you saying no man should be involved in women's issues? That would be hard to do.
The question was:""""Does it bother you ladies out there to have a largely male-dominated government making decisions about abortion? """
Now pay attention.

When a woman goes to a doctor to have an abortion SHE has already made the decision.

OK so far? Following along?

So, she has ALREADY made the decision and the sex of the doctor is not relevent.

The doctor, whether male or female, did NOT make her decision.

Now, go back to the question and think it over.

Then ask yourself how many of YOUR decisions affecting the rest of your life do YOU want government to make.....

Old 09-24-2012, 06:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Abortion stops a beating heart.
So have one early.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
A cute verbal trick is calling abortion a 'healthcare decision,' when in fact it rarely involves 'healthcare.' Far more often than not, abortion is unrelated to what most normal people think of as the 'health' of the woman.

Don't get me wrong. A woman can have multiple abortions [many do] for all I care. But the decision usually revolves around money, work, school, too many kids, stuff like that, not her health.
I don't think you can speak for "most normal people".
And your definition of healthcare is not the standard.
Health care includes care of the body ...period.

"""But the decision usually revolves around money, work, school, too many kids, stuff like that, """

.....all relating to a woman's health.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:36 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Most of the anti-abortion adherents are men that are more anti-choice than anti-abortion. They want a system where abortion is illegal, expensive and the women are under their control of the men that will pay for it. Control is the key factor and much more important then the fetus.

The problem for the authoritarian males left in this society is many have lost control of their wives, sisters and daughters as economic and spiritual opportunities for women have improved since the 1960’s. Many women no longer need to become indentured servants and bedmates to achieve minimal security for them and their children. A major factor has been the vast increase in separation and divorce due to addiction related abuse. Some women can work and support themselves and their children without risking physical and psychological harm from an abusive, drunk or philandering man.

This leaves quite a number of men living with the think they fear most. That is nobody left around to coerce, control and bully. From their point of view what is left if you cannot assert your authority over another person. Sometimes beating the dog is simply not enough. How can you prove you manhood if you cannot rape your wife or girl and force her to have YOUR baby? There are some things that just have to be.

This is the basis of the War on Women. It is weak men in political power losing their control over their women because the women involved do not accept being possessed and controlled by men just for the sake of an orgasm once in a while. They realize that is a really bad deal and have stopped doing what they are told to do with their own bodies.

Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that if men could get pregnant, there would be no discussion whatsoever of taking away their right to decide.
And every Walgreen's and Walmart would have a free abortion clinic.
You're right, it's all about male dominance and control of women....NOT abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies