Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:17 PM

18,729 posts, read 33,402,036 times

Advertisements

Even this atheist feminist here (me) does not understand this quote.
Some of us don't hate men at all, in fact, I'm kinda glad they're around. I just don't want them telling me what to do about a most intimate physical matter, and I do think a lot of men (in high and low places) and some women really cannot stand the idea that women can have sex without "paying to play," (that is, having to carry a unwanted/unplanned pregnancy that might result).h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Women are not dominated----It is men that seek to dominate men through what they love- woman.....This is a huge farce...men in high places dominate woman...in an attempt to dominate men- they go through the woman..and children...some people are more evil than we imagine...To engineer a system where woman are taught to hate men - is a male creation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That is what people say each time they are told another freedom of theirs is falling away. Then it happened.
Like the way you're trying to remove the freedom to control my body?
Yes, you are.
You are trying to deny me my rights.
Has anyone tried to do anything to you? A real living person? The answer is a resounding no.

Of course, your posts indicate that you're only interested in what you want for all women.

I guess you're incapable of seeing the world outside of your blinders.

Last edited by chielgirl; 09-26-2012 at 10:39 PM..

Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 PM

18,729 posts, read 33,402,036 times
I think, missing the point. If hospitals are required to treat people through ERs, then it is not unreasonable to require people to carry insurance. If people are not willing to opt out of treatment (and this would never be allowed) then people should not be able to opt out of a mechanism to pay for that.
In Massachusetts, if someone goes to an ER and doesn't have any coverage, the medical social service dept. will put that person in for whatever subsidized insurance they qualify for, if any.

Dunno about illegals. If they showed up at an ER and got treatment, I don't know how it works in Mass. (Romneycare).

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
Where did you hear this? Do you really think that if someone was sent to the ER and dying from injuries in a car wreck, they would make them go to the ATM to get money to pay for them to fix them before they would do anything? And when did a surgery cost $200? Jeezz, no one would need insurance if that was the case. Do you think obamacare is going to force all the illegals to buy insurance too? lol. They don't give a crap about our laws, so why would they pay anything to the hospitals?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:36 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
[/b]

It went the way of self control and common sense which is clearly lacking now a days.
Are you really trying to make the statement that your way is the only way?
Seriously?
Who would jesus dis?

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/au...ma_gandhi.html
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:44 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are you really trying to make the statement that your way is the only way?
Seriously?
Who would Jesus dis?
Of course that is what they think, Government out of OUR lives but it must control what everyone else that believes differently does.
THEY are the only ones talking about forcing their beliefs on others, but they don't see it that way.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How about some FACTS to support your assertions.
Abortion is the Unchoice Here is the proof. Not that you will read it though.

Old 09-27-2012, 01:32 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Like the way you're trying to remove the freedom to control my body?
Yes, you are.
You are trying to deny me my rights.
Has anyone tried to do anything to you? A real living person? The answer is a resounding no.

Of course, your posts indicate that you're only interested in what you want for all women.

I guess you're incapable of seeing the world outside of your blinders.
I try to see it though what God wants for His children. Plus no one thinks about the baby's body. They don't seem to care that it is torn limb from limb to kill it.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:20 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Abortion is the Unchoice Here is the proof. Not that you will read it though.
Oh, I read it, but I didn't find many verifiable FACTS in your link or in the links listed in your link. Seems that your linked website uses an website with the same agenda as source material. That website, in turn, uses your linked website as its source material, which renders both websites useless as support for your argument.

So, you have no proof, just a website that supports your opinion with its opinions.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
I try to see it though what God wants for His children. Plus no one thinks about the baby's body. They don't seem to care that it is torn limb from limb to kill it.
Since "God" is real only to believers, you cannot use your God as a reason for why I, a non-believer, should or should not do anything.

There is no 'baby' in the first trimester of pregnancy, which is when 90% of all abortions take place.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
most abortions happen when there is no limbs to be torn. what god wants for his children? gee I guess the ones he doesn't like so much he lets suffer with cancers and an array of other horrible things. he must pick and choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies