Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:14 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not the 2 registered voters in this household, that's for sure. In our opinions, willard is inept, not capable of leading, he does not lead, he buys up, fires people and does hostile takeovers. Not my kinda guy.

Inept and not capable of leading??

And you are voting for Obama? That is pretty funny. I needed a laugh today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 02:26 PM

18,728 posts, read 33,402,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You're under the delusion that voting for a Republican, especially one like Romney, is going to improve the situation.
If some 50 percent of the electorate doesn't vote every four years, my guess is those who voted because they favored Obama/rock star-type thing, those people will stay home. It's idiocy to vote for the Republicans if you're unhappy with the Democratic administration, unless you sincerely think they have a better plan. (What plan is that? Would someone please explain it?)

Many of us cannot vote for one side or the other based on social issues. Fortunately for me, the social issues that concern me tend to be lined up completely on one side or the other. I suspect a lot of "undecideds" don't vote and are embarrassed to say so.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
"How many dissatisfied Dems will turn on Obama?"

Not nearly enough to give the election to Romney.
Artur Davis, the man who seconded the 0bama nomination in 2008, switched parties to Republican. All this thread is asking how many Democrats might simply refuse to vote for 0bama, or maybe even vote for Romney. I think you are delusional if you think a lot of people who voted for 0bama in '08, and are now upset with his utter failure to live up to his own hype and will not sit this election out, rather then vote for a guy who has already proved his words and promises are meaningless.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:33 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
President Obama was the most beatable incumbent in a long time based on the economic numbers alone, all you had to do was put up a genuineness good challenger.
Welcome to the world of Democrats circa 2004. We had our Romney, now you've got our Kerry.

As Bill would say, "we feel your pain!"

Old 09-24-2012, 02:37 PM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,847 times

Old 09-24-2012, 02:51 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
If some 50 percent of the electorate doesn't vote every four years, my guess is those who voted because they favored Obama/rock star-type thing, those people will stay home.
That's a big point nobody is discussing. Democrats and Independents were both fired up in 2008 to vote out the GOP and get "real change". After four years of a failing economy, continued Bush policies, high unemployment and a list of broken promises, the Obama campaign doesn't have the same magic it had four years ago and they're not going to get the turnout they're expecting. While I don't think this will result in votes for Romney, it will result in former Obama voters staying home.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
The OP said obama did not get the job done. If presidents do not create or help create jobs, then why did obama promise it? Why did he say that the unemployment rate was going to be under 8% by the end of his first term?
Because he's a politician, and ALL politicians make dream like promises to get people to vote. Politics is about power. The fact that you guys somehow hold Obama to a higher standard than other President's is what's annoying.

Quote:
Romney has saved jobs by investing in businesses.
Evidence? Romney ships most of his money off to foreign accounts to shelter them from benefiting America.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:55 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Artur Davis, the man who seconded the 0bama nomination in 2008, switched parties to Republican. All this thread is asking how many Democrats might simply refuse to vote for 0bama, or maybe even vote for Romney. I think you are delusional if you think a lot of people who voted for 0bama in '08, and are now upset with his utter failure to live up to his own hype and will not sit this election out, rather then vote for a guy who has already proved his words and promises are meaningless.
Actually I've seen a lot people claim they will still vote Obama, even if they aren't particularly fond of him because they absolutely refuse to elect anyone from the current incarnation of the GoP. I know anti-Obama, birthers and conspiracy theorists who are leaning towards Obama because of how much they despite Romney and the current GoP.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,179,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
Not many, and that's all on the GOP for picking such a terrible challenger (then doubling-down on the stuff left-leaning moderates hate with Ryan).

President Obama was the most beatable incumbent in a long time based on the economic numbers alone, all you had to do was put up a genuineness good challenger.

You didn't.

The GOP has let the Norquist-Pledgers, the Tea Party, and the Evangelicals run the party so far right that even the disgruntled lefties/moderates will hold their noses and vote Obama just to keep Romney/Ryan out of the White House.

Insult the Obama voters all you want, but this one's on you guys.

The Republicans seem to just want to be liked and don't go after Obama hard enough like they did Clinton. Obama still has the old guard MSM like NBC/ABC/CBS/WaPo/NYTimes, etc...which still have enough of an audience to lie for Obama.

It was surprising how Obama just lied about Fast and Furious to the Spanish network.

Old 09-24-2012, 03:06 PM

1,617 posts, read 5,675,956 times
For a socially inept 1%'er from the "evil" GOP?

Not a chance.

Obama might not be the greatest progressive, but the alternative is seriously off the deep end. Plus, we have yet to see what he could do if he had a willing congress on his side. The president can only propose budgets and policies. Congress needs to see them through by writing the bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies