Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 11:28 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,891 times

Advertisements

How many moderate, Bill Clinton-esque Democrats do you think will turn on Obama in 2012? Of course the Republicans are going to vote for Romney, and of course the hard-core liberals will give Obama a 2nd chance. But how many people are slightly left of center, but might consider giving Romney a chance, after seeing the disaster of the 1st Obama adminstration.

Is it only Republicans that are dissatisfied with Obama? Or is it anyone with two eyes who does not live in a cave? Because i'm no Republican... i was a huge Bill Clinton supporter... but i am sick of hearing the excuses from the Obama adminstration for their inability to get the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2012, 11:34 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
"How many dissatisfied Dems will turn on Obama?"

Not nearly enough to give the election to Romney.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
The only Dems that would turn on Obama would likely be the radical ones due to the fact that he has been too moderate.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:45 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
"How many dissatisfied Dems will turn on Obama?"

Not nearly enough to give the election to Romney.
Probably not, and it's why I don't understand or respect most Democrats. I live in the bluest part of a blue state and while people are happy to complain about the economy and complain about the additional tax burdens Obamacare will load on the middle class they wouldn't dream of voting for a Republican. People would rather stay stuck in the unhappy status quo than take a shot at a guy renowned for making big fixes.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:46 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
But how many people are slightly left of center, but might consider giving Romney a chance
Not the 2 registered voters in this household, that's for sure. In our opinions, willard is inept, not capable of leading, he does not lead, he buys up, fires people and does hostile takeovers. Not my kinda guy.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:49 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Not the 2 registered voters in this household, that's for sure. In our opinions, willard is inept, not capable of leading, he does not lead, he buys up, fires people and does hostile takeovers. Not my kinda guy.
Inept and can't lead - wow, the Obama ads have really been effective.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:52 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Inept and can't lead - wow, the Obama ads have really been effective.
Who needs ads when you've got Romney's own video clips, statements and speeches? If I were Obama I would save a lot of money by just rerunning them as they are.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:59 AM

630 posts, read 1,265,373 times
Quote:
Probably not, and it's why I don't understand or respect most Democrats. I live in the bluest part of a blue state and while people are happy to complain about the economy and complain about the additional tax burdens Obamacare will load on the middle class they wouldn't dream of voting for a Republican. People would rather stay stuck in the unhappy status quo than take a shot at a guy renowned for making big fixes.
People on both sides can be like that. I live in a red area of a red state, and in 2008 a great guy from my church ran as a Democrat for congress. I did some campaign stuff for him, and all the time I heard people who knew him well say, "he's a great guy and I think he'd do an awesome job in congress but there's no way I can vote for a Democrat."

Old 09-24-2012, 12:00 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,364 times
Quote:
Not everything is about the economy dear. Yes, the economy should be doing better. I don't blame that entirely on Obama - there are a multitude of other factors (like Europe and a slowing China) that he can't be expected to fix and will have to shake themselves out before we see more growth here. All things considered, the US isn't doing too badly.

On social issues? Forget about it.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,550,570 times
Not many, and that's all on the GOP for picking such a terrible challenger (then doubling-down on the stuff left-leaning moderates hate with Ryan).

President Obama was the most beatable incumbent in a long time based on the economic numbers alone, all you had to do was put up a genuineness good challenger.

You didn't.

The GOP has let the Norquist-Pledgers, the Tea Party, and the Evangelicals run the party so far right that even the disgruntled lefties/moderates will hold their noses and vote Obama just to keep Romney/Ryan out of the White House.

Insult the Obama voters all you want, but this one's on you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies