Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 07:39 PM

38,650 posts, read 26,430,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
By Zeus!!!!

There is nothing rational about saying, "I don't know the answer...must be a magic man in the sky".

Let's look at one instance of how that type of 'rational thinking' has panned out in history. The story of Persephone from Ancient Greece. The Greeks didn't know why the earth was sometimes warm and sunny and other times cold and dark and why these seasons were so regular. They didn't understand axial tilt or that the earth revolved around the sun. So they made up a story about the daughter of a goddess being kidnapped and taken into the underworld.

So are you in the self-created for no particular reason before existing camp or always existed and is therefore lost in eternity past camp?

I'm in the now we know about the Big Bang and can reasonably assume something existing independently of time and space caused it to happen camp.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,961,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Riiight, is that why the RNC had soooo much diversity in their audience

Patricia Carroll, CNN Camerawoman, On Racist Attack At Republican

I guess this stuff happens at the DNC as well
Two people did this to her, this sounds some what "Fishy"

Racism? MSNBC cuts convention speeches by Republican minorities - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Old 09-27-2012, 08:36 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,961,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Can anyone tell me what religion makes it more important to convert someone else rather than improve their own relationship with their own God?
Radical Islam.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Wrong, most Atheists here and everywhere only want peace in the world. Religions have always been the worst offenders. The Christians are the worst.with their smug ideas that what THEY say is the only way, they can't all be right now can they.? Your interest in the bible is not shared by the vast majority of people in the world new or old testament what ever that is anyway.
Then you haven't meet the Radical Islam faith........You need to pay more attention to what Atheist tell others on here, your the one that is WRONG!!! Other than Westbro Baptist, just what offends you that you can't just walk away from??? Radical Islam doesn't allow you to walk away, you do know this don't you??

Old 09-27-2012, 08:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,342,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
So they paraded around a couple of blacks and A latino what does that have to do with how they treated the camerawoman? Do want to compare audiences? Can we be at least honest about that? The vast majority of the republican party is overwhelmingly white this is a stark contrast to the DNC that was comprised of every representation of the country.

Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,960,878 times
Quote:
Radical Islam.........

Then you haven't meet the Radical Islam faith........You need to pay more attention to what Atheist tell others on here, your the one that is WRONG!!! Other than Westbro Baptist, just what offends you that you can't just walk away from??? Radical Islam doesn't allow you to walk away, you do know this don't you??
See, now you are setting up a wall within two religions The next step is to start a religious war. You do know there are many Muslims that share what you beleaf is the common thing. Not all Muslins are terrorists., just as not all Christians ether. History will show more radical Christians . I be leave at one time there were huGe demands for world domiance especially, in the Roman Cathloic fold.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:00 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,596,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I mean Mormons believe in some pretty kooky stuff, enough said, I wonder if anyone has really considered how someone who truly believes that stuff - how those beliefs will come into play. At least an atheist, one would assume, would comply with a rule of law ultimately based on the Judeo-Christian tradition even if he or she did not believe in it's source, and not try to usher in armageddon, or any other crazy policy to bring in their cosmological armageddon.

Yet even for Evangelicals who vote on issues they see important to their faith would rather vote a Mormon than a Christian. It might be racism, it might be capitalism/greed, who knows. Mormon or not I think Romney is a flake and I can't imagine him winning. I think any Bible-believing Christian should probably consider voting an Atheist before a Mormon, or a Muslim. It might prove a lot less harmful to the country and ultimately the world...

Worry about your own country,mate.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,342,043 times
Quote:
Radical Islam.........

You say the same thing about the Jehovah Witness that go door to door, the Catholics and Mormons that establish misionaries in countries that were argueable doing better without them and the evangelical christians that want to contort laws to fall in line with their beliefs. From what I have read and seen with Mormons you cannot walk away from them either without being sunned

Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,333,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So are you in the self-created for no particular reason before existing camp or always existed and is therefore lost in eternity past camp?
Nope. I said nothing that would lead a reasonable person to come to that conclusion. Of course, you've already shown that you're not a reasonable person.

I don't know how the universe was created.

There is zero evidence that it was created by some supernatural being. To jump to that conclusion is absurd.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:45 PM

15,547 posts, read 10,539,245 times
So, I'm supposed to only vote for a person who shares my same religious beliefs? The people that go to my church? Wow, I wish someone had told me sooner, this is great news. It will sure save me a lot of time and trouble in the future. I can scratch about 90+% of the candidates off my list. Silly me, all these years I thought it was about the issues.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,960,878 times
It does work better that way. ...I had a friend that was determined to marry a born again. I stood up for him, but I knew it would not work, lasted 2 years, and he was a non religious Jew! Sad ending for two people I liked a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.