Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 01:35 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Can't accept the facts or don't like them huh? Gotcha...
I accept what is. Mormon guys killed people. The fact that the church doesn't appove of them changes nothing. It's the same thing Christians say when one of their own goes ape****. It's the same thing everyone says when one of their own goes ape****. Doesn't change the fact that it was done in the name of god based on their religious beliefs and spiritual upbringing. IE: Mormons kill people like everyone else. There is no way to deny that so don't even try.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:37 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Having the belief of God, higher power, diety or whatever one believes is no more absurd than not believing in anything. To me it is just more annoying when I get told I'm a moron, idiot, stupid, living in a fantasy world or many of the other things I've been told because I do believe in God. Everyone has the right to believe what they choose but no one has the right to tell someone else what they believe is wrong, stupid, idiotic, etc. etc. etc.
Of course everyone has the right to tell someone else "what they believe is wrong, stupid, idiotic etc etc". At least in the US it is. Would you really want to have it any different?

Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Of course everyone has the right to tell someone else "what they believe is wrong, stupid, idiotic etc etc". At least in the US it is. Would you really want to have it any different?
Agreed. Especially when it's actually wrong, stupid, idiotic, etc. In fact, I feel it's my moral duty.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,932,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I accept what is. Mormon guys killed people. The fact that the church doesn't appove of them changes nothing. It's the same thing Christians say when one of their own goes ape****. It's the same thing everyone says when one of their own goes ape****. Doesn't change the fact that it was done in the name of god based on their religious beliefs and spiritual upbringing. IE: Mormons kill people like everyone else. There is no way to deny that so don't even try.
What part of "excommunicated" 2 years prior to their crimes do you not understand and I will try to explain it to you. Their religious upbringing was fundamentalist mormon, which the LDS church does not recognize and hasn't recognized for a century. I am sure there are other examples of a mormon killing someone. What I am saying is AGAIN, by and large the people of the LDS faith are good people and in fact better than most I see in this country. Read slowly and maybe you'll get it.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:52 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Ok, so the "not a REAL Mormon" card. Gotcha.
Admit it, Ceece, you were busted on this one. Fundamentalist Mormons are quite different from mainstream Mormons and the mainstream LDS Church distanced themselves from them over 100 years ago. Your comment was, indeed, ignorant, and a bit hostile. Out of character for you, and rather disappointing.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:54 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I mean Mormons believe in some pretty kooky stuff, enough said, I wonder if anyone has really considered how someone who truly believes that stuff - how those beliefs will come into play. At least an atheist, one would assume, would comply with a rule of law ultimately based on the Judeo-Christian tradition even if he or she did not believe in it's source, and not try to usher in armageddon, or any other crazy policy to bring in their cosmological armageddon.

Yet even for Evangelicals who vote on issues they see important to their faith would rather vote a Mormon than a Christian. It might be racism, it might be capitalism/greed, who knows. Mormon or not I think Romney is a flake and I can't imagine him winning. I think any Bible-believing Christian should probably consider voting an Atheist before a Mormon, or a Muslim. It might prove a lot less harmful to the country and ultimately the world...
Mormons are Christian. It just the fundamentalist Christians that don't see mormons as Christian.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,314,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
true, muslim is prolly code for "im a racist". but i dont think its practical to for ppl to be honest about racism in that country. the whites are just so scared of being viewed as racist. i dont understand why. maybe one day they will understan racism is not a big deal.
I guess it would not be if you are the one not being discriminated against

Old 09-26-2012, 01:56 AM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Mormons are Christian. It just the fundamentalist Christians that don't see Mormons as Christian.
Many fundamentalists don't see Catholics as Christian, either. I think it's arrogant of them to decide who is and who is not a true Christian.

Old 09-26-2012, 01:58 AM

What religion the president is really does not matter because the person(s) pulling the strings are godless, souless and have no regards for humanity as a whole anyway.

Old 09-26-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I'm not mormon, but, when was the last time you heard of a mormon mass murderer? Or a mormon serial rapist? From what I have seen they are basically good people that are an asset to the community. Do they have some strange beliefs? Perhaps they do, but are any of their beliefs harming you? Can you say the same for radical muslims? I don't understand all the concern about Romneys religious beliefs. At least he didn't sit in a sermon where a preacher screamed GD America at the top of his lungs.
That maybe so, but in rev wright's defense what he said had nothing to do with religion and had more to do with this country's treatment of various groups of disfranchished people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies