Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 03:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,259,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
So does birth control that the person who uses it has to pay for out of their own pocket.

Nothing is free: what you call "free" is something that I as a taxpayer have to pay for.

Why should I pay for your ability to have sex without worrying about producing a baby?

If you don't want kids - then pay for your own birth control or practice abstinence.
I would think that a few pennies out of your paycheck (if that) to prevent all those little beating hearts from being aborted would be a small price to pay.

Funny how your compassion only stretches as far as your wallet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 03:09 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes indeedy, population reduction is population reduction ... a big win/win for the eugenists. Abortion, birth control, war, disease, sterilization by vaccine and GMO .... all have a role to play in the success of the program, even if birth control takes a bite out of the revenue generated for abortions .... it's the end goal that counts. Gotta break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette!

Yay for the the death of the human race! Dontcha just love Win-Wins ....
You forgot one.......too many jobs and not enough people to fill them.....what are we gonna do?

Old 10-06-2012, 03:12 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet.

Free birth control cuts abortion rate dramatically, study finds - Vitals

I have been a proponent for free birth control for a long time and I'm glad to see that studies are now supporting what I suspected.

For those so vehemently opposed to abortion, this really seems like a win-win solution!

I know the usual suspects will chime in with all the usual "personal responsibility" cries and the "I shouldn't have to pay for it" belly-aching, but one of the facts of life is that this is not a perfect world, and women will find themselves facing unwanted and un-prepared for pregnancies.

It would be nice if those who are opposed to abortions could look at the issue of free birth control as an issue of the lesser of two evils, at least, and see it as a positive thing.

After all, it seems that the cost of making sure women have access to free birth control would be a small price to pay for the number of abortions (to some - "murders") that would not occur.

Like I said - WIN/WIN.
"birth control can reduce unplanned pregnancies"

Who needed a study to understand this? I guess only idiots. I actually got a flyer in the mail from some Obama PAC all nice and big three page foldout must have cost a fortune and it said on the front why does Romney keep talking about birth control. I havn't heard him say much of anything about birth control. Big waste of money. Only ones talking about this issue are those trying to deflect from the pathetic job performance of the orator. It isn't working.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
I would think that a few pennies out of your paycheck (if that) to prevent all those little beating hearts from being aborted would be a small price to pay.

Funny how your compassion only stretches as far as your wallet.
You are making assumptions about me without knowledge.

I don't need to state publicly what I do to help children without homes with my own money in order to defend myself from your presumptive attack - I just do it.

I guess you think that only money that goes to government or government funded programs are effective - you are wrong - and the organization that I support and am active in is the proof.

If you would like more information - feel free to PM me and I will give you details of the good work that we do.

If you feel that you need to toot your own own horn to be considered a "good person" - do so.

Actions speak louder then words.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
You are making assumptions about me without knowledge.

I don't need to state publicly what I do to help children without homes with my own money in order to defend myself from your presumptive attack - I just do it.

I guess you think that only money that goes to government or government funded programs are effective - you are wrong - and the organization that I support and am active in is the proof.

If you would like more information - feel free to PM me and I will give you details of the good work that we do.

If you feel that you need to toot your own own horn to be considered a "good person" - do so.

Actions speak louder then words.
Well, good for you for helping kids who are already here.

Now, what about all those fetuses that will be aborted? Those abortions will happen regardless of what you're doing to help the already born.

Abortions that could be prevented if a pregnancy never occurred.

Why do you have a problem with contributing a few pennies (if that) to preventing abortions?

Old 10-06-2012, 04:57 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Why do you have a problem with contributing a few pennies (if that) to preventing abortions?
Nice strawman.

We aren't talking about prevention of abortion - the way to prevent abortions is to not have one. We are discussing preventing conception - which is generally done in two ways: birth control and abstinence.

My argument is that my taxpayer dollars should not be used to fund birth control from people who aren't earning money on their own in order to purchase it - or abstaining from sex if they can't or won't.

Besides - a health insurance plan can offer to cover birth control if they choose to do so - under ObamaCare - they have no choice.

This is about free markets, free choice, and how tax dollars should be used.

Don't twist the topic around into something that it is not. No wonder liberals are considered to be dishonest.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:00 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
A direct question was posed to me, so I replied. Please try to keep up.

No, I prefer women and their partners accept responsibility for their actions. If they want to play, they should pay for their own birth control. What's next? Should we pay for a bottle of wine for them to party with too, to set the mood? I don't see why taxpayers should subsidize their abortions. There is a demand for babies. Unfortunately, there isn't as high a demand for older children.

How many I have adopted is really irrelevant, but I'll reply anyway. None. No biological children, either. Just because people can have children/adopt, does not mean everyone should have children.

I already replied to this question. I prefer adoption as the alternative to paying for other's choices.
But the ones that are being born even now are not adopted. There are a lot in foster care. If there is an overabundance of unwanted children now, spilling over into the foster care system, there would be even a more horrendous situation if adoption were not an option.

Old 10-06-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Nice strawman.

We aren't talking about prevention of abortion - the way to prevent abortions is to not have one. We are discussing preventing conception - which is generally done in two ways: birth control and abstinence.
Haven't you figured out yet that abstinence doesn't work?

So, yes, let's prevent conception! I think we can agree on that.

Unfortunately, there are those who, for whatever reason (and there are probably a multitude of them), can't or won't take responsibility for paying for their own birth control.

If, however, those same women are willing to take birth control that is offered to them free of cost, isn't that a reasonable solution? Forget their reasoning why.....just get them on birth control so we can reduce the number of abortions performed.

Quote:
My argument is that my taxpayer dollars should not be used to fund birth control from people who aren't earning money on their own in order to purchase it - or abstaining from sex if they can't or won't.
Well, fine, then your tax payer dollars are going to be used to either fund abortions through Medicaid or your tax payer dollars are going to go towards raising these children that could have been prevented for probably a penny or two on the dollar (if that).

Quote:
Don't twist the topic around into something that it is not. No wonder liberals are considered to be dishonest.
No, the logic is that by providing birth control to women - free of charge - the number of abortions are reduced. Where is the dishonesty in that?

Old 10-06-2012, 05:42 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times
Quote:
Nice strawman.

Besides - a health insurance plan can offer to cover birth control if they choose to do so - under ObamaCare - they have no choice.

This is about free markets, free choice, and how tax dollars should be used.

LMAO at you, of all people, choosing to use those words!

Old 10-06-2012, 05:46 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,978,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, you should by now if you classify yourself as a democrat. It's as plain as the nose on your face.
Repiglicans do not want Americans, or anyone for that matter fornucating.
fornication - definition of fornication by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

They (repiglicans) believe in abstinence of unwed people, it's as simple as that.
They also think that defunding planned parenthood, defunding free birth control will make people practice abstinence, it's a cave man's theory. Neanderthals, living in the past.
They also believe in abstinence for married couples, since they have unwanted pregnancies, too.
They are saying that whenever anyone has sex they are playing roulette with the future, because even birth control can fail. Therefore, protected or not, you should not in their opinion have sex EVER unless you can accommodate carrying a child for nine months, giving birth, and providing for a future for it, in your or some other home.

It is a very unrealistic behavior that they are suggesting, and I am not too sure that all of their adherents are actually living that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies