Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2012, 01:28 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,249,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Is that all babies, or just healthy (and non-addicted) white ones?
Did you bother to read the link? It is ALL babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,281,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I see - I am damned if I do and damned if I don't - right?

I was accused of having "compassion that ended at my pocketbook".

So I can let that go and allow that falsehood to be in the forum's minds - damned, or I can state that I do help children with my own money - stopping short of giing details so i am not accused of "patting myself on the back" - and I will still be damned - by you.

Once again Gizmo - I am dissapointed in you. I was attacked presumptively and I addressed the presumption - yet you went for the low blow.

Pathetic.
Passive/aggressive much?

Old 10-07-2012, 02:05 AM

15,120 posts, read 8,697,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
You forgot one.......too many jobs and not enough people to fill them.....what are we gonna do?

Well, I don't think committing societal suicide is quite the answer.

Perhaps something a little less dramatic, but certainly equally radical by today's low standards ....

We could actually restore our country to a representative constitutional republic and put all the criminals in jail. You know .... not the dope smokers, but the real criminals ... the one's stealing Billions and raping and robbing us blind, and relocating all of our jobs to their overseas slave labor camps. The same ones who seem to have been successful in convincing the masses here that death is preferable to life ... not just as it pertains to the unborn ... but also the currently living humans too. They are the ones that have purposely run our country aground ... but we're a resilient bunch, and we could turn things around very quickly, if people would simply shut up for 5 seconds .... turn that boob tube off for a while ... quit gobbling up this propaganda like dogs eating cat turds, and listen to those "conspiracy theorists" who are simply trying to take off your blindfolds.

Fixing this mess would be easy, compared to the more difficult task of trying to get people to pull their collective heads out of their rectums, and start thinking again.

Is it possible? Yes it is. Will we be successful? Probably not.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM

63,247 posts, read 29,358,206 times
Quote:
No, much of conservative America disagrees with you too... even some of the MOST conservative posters on here would disagree, as they've said quite clearly that free BC is a logical and less expensive option. Read the thread again, if you don't believe me.
Link, please to actual statistics by a viable, unbiased source. The comments in this forum don't count.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,977,720 times
Quote:
No, much of conservative America disagrees with you too... even some of the MOST conservative posters on here would disagree, as they've said quite clearly that free BC is a logical and less expensive option. Read the thread again, if you don't believe me.
If Fundi Republicans had their way, all extramarital sex would be illegal.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 3,613 times
Free things are always nice.

Old 10-07-2012, 09:38 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,715,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
Old study: Religious people are statistically less intelligent.....(it's true)
why don't the intelligent (i.e. libs) people figure out a way to stop getting pregnant. It's not like you care about the unintelligent Christians.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:25 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,286,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
why don't the intelligent (i.e. libs) people figure out a way to stop getting pregnant. It's not like you care about the unintelligent Christians.
Why don't the GOP stop living in fantasy land and realize that people have sex. Sex is not bad. Mistakes happen. condoms break, the pill fails, IUD's fail to do what they are supposed to do, and some people are just irresponsible.

They moan about abortion, but block every legislation, or try to pass anti-abortion/anti-sex education/anti-free birth control legislation.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:55 AM

12,406 posts, read 19,014,044 times
In these days when we have created a civilization that is destroying the planet, partially because there are too many of us, I am amazed that there are groups (many who have a delusion that they are doing God's will) who are doing all they can to ensure that there will be yet more of us.

We have a better chance of stopping global warming than we do, sex.
Since we cannot stop sex, as all of history has proven, at least halt reproduction. Anything that works toward this end should be applauded. If a man or woman wanted to be sterilized, I would gladly have my tax dollars pay for it.

This proposition, a person with at least two brain cells to rub together, should be friction free. Certainly people, in today's over populated time, should be able to get free birth control. No question about it.

Old 10-07-2012, 11:34 AM

5,514 posts, read 6,371,520 times
Quote:
The study's focus was on implants and IUDs. The article actually listed the price range, which many young women cannot afford.
Having an implant or IUD surgically implanted is not a medically nessacary procedure, and if people can't afford these, then there are plenty of affordable and effective alternatives available in every corner drugstore in America. Cars are expensive too, and I NEED a car to get to work to earn money to provide for my family, but you don't hear me standing up and whining that SOMEONE ELSE pay for my car, do you? Grow up and quit being so damn selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies