Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
You've been listening to Obama haven't you? Too bad.
No, I've been listening to actual Republicans for 30 years. Yes, there are a whole lot of them who think poor people are poor because of personal defects and who therefor deserve nothing.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:11 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I don't. so, don't concern yourself. I am looking for another apartment, not that it's any business of yours
Well, apparently, you WANTED it to be everyone else's business, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this:
Quote:
My republican slumlord refuses to have anything fixed correctly, he has a full time maintenance man that cobbles together, while all the time collecting his full rental fees from me.

I should penalize him by deducting $50 a month for failure to repair and maintain.
If I call the housing department, I'll be evicted.
If you don't want people commenting on your situation, don't post about it. Duh.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:19 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Yes, lease, and in the lease stipulation, no tenant shall make any repairs or alterations to the premises.
I think you need to read that lease more carefully. Every lease I've ever signed (residential & commercial; I also rent my residence btw) has stipulated that any repair or improvement made without consent is considered a permanent part of the structure (think ceiling fans, etc), and that written approval is to be obtained beforehand. Know what? They don't care to know - you don't need approval. Not in the real world. If you want to fix it, fix it. You may not get a thank you, but you won't get evicted, either. I guarantee it.

I don't think you want that, though. I think you want to be taken care of, not to take care of yourself. I think you want to complain and complain and complain until someone rescues you from this situation you could have resolved yourself very easily, but chose not to. Then when nobody does, you blame it on politics. How pathetic is that?

Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring
Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair
Ace Hardware Stores | Browse for Hardware, Home Improvement, and Tools.

Go fix your problem and quit whining about it.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:43 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Btwi never let tenants fix things by themselves...
First,that's illegal for them to fix something and take it out of the rent.
You can't take it upon yourself as a tenant and fix anything I gave no authorization for.

Also,what if the tenant fixed something,but made it worse?
Will they pay up then?
You shouldn't make such blatant statements.

Every city, county and state has different rules.

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't the way you claim IF you actually live in Jersey. The unions control the state and probably demand ONLY card carrying union members can do the work.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:02 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
No, I've been listening to actual Republicans for 30 years. Yes, there are a whole lot of them who think poor people are poor because of personal defects and who therefor deserve nothing.
You know I don't think ones party status is what makes our personilities........sounds more like people are either a**holes, or not......... some are very grumpy in life with or without a political flag to fly.

This very same statement (bold) could be used about Democrats, but I would never say ALL of them are a**holes.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
In most states, if you break the signed lease early you still owe the rent until the landlord can find a replacement.
heck, considering my last couple of tenants, i wish i had tenants who broke the lease.

i get tenants who refuse to leave.

and they had obama signs on my lawn 4 years ago.

i actually had one tenant who poured some concrete on my driveway and put their name in the concrete.

i thought that was interesting.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:23 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,954,135 times
Why Do Republicans Treat Renters So Badly?

Why do Democrats ask such ridiculously stupid questions?

Old 11-03-2012, 02:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Move yourself if you are not full of it. IMO you probably have cheap rent and refuse to move.

Quote:
In most states, if you break the signed lease early you still owe the rent until the landlord can find a replacement.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
EXACTLY, in YOUR OPINION!
IMO, those 2 posts contradict each other. do you always contradict YOURSELF?
DUH

Old 11-03-2012, 02:31 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I think you need to read that lease more carefully. Every lease I've ever signed (residential & commercial; I also rent my residence btw) has stipulated that any repair or improvement made without consent is considered a permanent part of the structure (think ceiling fans, etc), and that written approval is to be obtained beforehand. Know what? They don't care to know - you don't need approval. Not in the real world. If you want to fix it, fix it. You may not get a thank you, but you won't get evicted, either. I guarantee it.

I don't think you want that, though. I think you want to be taken care of, not to take care of yourself. I think you want to complain and complain and complain until someone rescues you from this situation you could have resolved yourself very easily, but chose not to. Then when nobody does, you blame it on politics. How pathetic is that?

Lowe's Home Improvement: Appliances, Tools, Hardware, Paint, Flooring
Home Improvement Made Easy with New Lower Prices | Improve & Repair
Ace Hardware Stores | Browse for Hardware, Home Improvement, and Tools.

Go fix your problem and quit whining about it.
Your post is truly ignorant. A sewer lateral has to be dug by a machine, you know, with a backhoe, and the work has to be performed by a licensed plumber.
I can't believe some of the most ignorant people are saying that the tenant has to fix things when it is the landlord's responsibility, especially things like a leaking sewer line under the structure, truly ignorant people here.( mostly cheap a** repuglicans) Thanks for showing yourselves. You are clueless.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:18 AM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
freemkt, You're concerned about this yet still support Obama!?

"........guaranteed to keep less of what they have earned"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies