Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
So much for conspiracy theories about the democrats trying to cover up the affair before the election. GOP house leader Eric Cantor knew in October.

Spokesman: House majority leader knew of Petraeus matter in October - CNN.com
Possibilities:

Cantor & Co didn't want to get involved as it would have been perceived as Republicans were on a witch hunt conspiring to get Obama by revealing the affair, and that revealing it would have hurt Romney more than help him?

The whistleblower went to Cantor thinking that the Rs would expose it and had he gone to the Ds it would have been swept under the carpet?

Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
odds are somebody will come clean...theres way way too much evidence gainst the whole lot of them

Old 11-12-2012, 08:56 AM

5,035 posts, read 9,227,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
People also should be asking what eric cantor's role was in this too? and, what was the context of those threatening emails? I already smell spoiled sardines.
We can demand all we want. You can get onto the floor belly down, pound the floor with your fists, and kick wildly, and scream and holler, but in the end, the legal system protects people from incriminating themselves. All a person has to do is invoke their fifth amendment rights.

"Doug Heye said Cantor, a Republican, was tipped to the information by an FBI employee. The congressman had a conversation with the official, described as a whistle-blower, about the affair and national security concerns involved in the matter, he said.

The New York Times reported Saturday that on October 31, Cantor's chief of staff phoned the FBI to inform the agency about the call between the congressman and the FBI official. The Times reported that Cantor learned of the whistle-blower through Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Washington." [1]

"When Kelley read Broadwell’s e-mails, she was so scared that she went to the FBI for protection, according to a source, who said she initially approached a Florida field office of the FBI — not its headquarters — with a complaint of cyber-harassment.

She had received numerous intimidating e-mails from a handful of pseudonymous addresses.

The nature of the e-mails, according to the source, was “I know what you’re doing” and similar suggestions that someone was on to Kelley. There was no explicit threat of violence." [2]

Old 11-12-2012, 08:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Possibilities:

Cantor & Co didn't want to get involved as it would have been perceived as Republicans were on a witch hunt conspiring to get Obama by revealing the affair, and that revealing it would have hurt Romney more than help him?

The whistleblower went to Cantor thinking that the Rs would expose it and had he gone to the Ds it would have been swept under the carpet?

Just saying.
Just when we thought

Oh no, it's deep throat II

Deep Throat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-12-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Congressional leaders say privately they believe they were lied to by Petraeus when he testified shortly after the attack. Some of these members already considered charging Petraeus with perjury, but said they planned to withhold judgment until he testified this week.

Read more: EXCLUSIVE: Petraeus mistress may have revealed classified information at Denver speech on real reason for Libya attack | Fox News

I read a few days ago that Petraeus parroted the WH's talking point about the Muslim video causing riots there, but then couldn't find where I read it to post it. (I didn't want to post it without a supporting link.) Thanks for posting a current link which mentions it.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:04 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Just when we thought

Oh no, it's deep throat II

Deep Throat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh, I can see you took the time to read the link where it mentions a whistleblower. Now let me find the link where it mentions that someone is a knob for not reading a link.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 AM

It appears Holder knew about it too.

"In the aftermath of the investigation, some lawmakers are aiming criticism at the FBI and the Obama administration, including Attorney General Eric Holder, who knew about the email link to Mr. Petraeus as far back as late summer."

Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheyDee View Post
It appears Holder knew about it too.

"In the aftermath of the investigation, some lawmakers are aiming criticism at the FBI and the Obama administration, including Attorney General Eric Holder, who knew about the email link to Mr. Petraeus as far back as late summer."
Do you people understand what the word "investigation" means? And by the wauy, Eric Cantor knew as well.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:27 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Oh, I can see you took the time to read the link where it mentions a whistleblower. Now let me find the link where it mentions that someone is a knob for not reading a link.
Psst, I saw that story before your post blue eyes.
Other than your theory, what makes you think it's ok for a whistleblower to tell a representative anything which may be confidential in nature, and why did cantor keep quiet about it if he knew about it?

It's sounding to me that if the whistleblower wanted to get to the general, she would have pursued another avenue, and going to a republican representative instead? Maybe the whistleblower doesn't like Obama, there's another theory into the mixer.

Last edited by NoJiveMan; 11-12-2012 at 09:41 AM..

Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Do you people understand what the word "investigation" means? And by the wauy, Eric Cantor knew as well.
Please try to keep up with events, Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies