Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 06:53 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Has it been mentioned that our local news last night showed the FBI going inside her home with lights on in most rooms?
It was mentioned on CNN news late last night, summing you're talking about Paula Broadwell. Now the other woman in Florida who started this whole thing is being investigated---or rather the general she's suspected of having an affair with is being investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Is the FBI investigating the CIA now ?
Aren't they looking for proof that she had sensitive information that she wasn't suppose to have access to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's more than 2. Three or four weeks ago 5-6 high ranking officials over in the ME got shuffled around, reassigned and/or brought back to desk jobs here in the US.

That is a lot of high ranking movement in a very short time.

Here's one story about the Navy Admiral. There's more out there.

Navy replaces admiral leading Mideast strike group - Washington Times
The U.S. Navy said Saturday it is replacing the admiral in command of an aircraft carrier strike group in the Middle East, pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.
Well, I am shocked that so many higher ups are playing around when they should be attending to U.S. interests, and taking care of the business that they are entrusted to care for.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:56 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Having an affair is not a crime. The FBI determined there was no breach of national security and it has yet to be proven that he shared any info with her.
She had in her possession classified information. I don't think they have stated categorically that there was no breach of security, just that the investigation is ongoing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/12/us...pagewanted=all

Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Somebody tell me what Eisenhower, FDR, Kennedy, and even Clinton have in common.
They all had mistresses?

Maybe congress should let the women testify. They seem to know so much.

Put all these people behind bars and we might clean up DC and get our nation back to running again. AND THE SOONER THE BETTER!

Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Well, I am shocked that so many higher ups are playing around when they should be attending to U.S. interests, and taking care of the business that they are entrusted to care for.
I agree, but more importantly as keepers of sensitive information, how stupid to make themselves vulnerable to one of the oldest tricks in the book.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:02 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
This story has more twists and turns to it than the rio grande.

General investigated for emails with Petraeus friend

so much for your conspiracy theory tex.
The other other woman was just as stupid. If she was involved in an affair with a high ranking military man (Allen) clearly she didn't think before she complained to the FBI that she's being harrassed. If anyone makes a complaint to the FBI I'm sure the FBI would "look" at the complainant as well. If she was or had an affair or had pictures of Allen or anything else that could come back to bite her, she should have thought about that before making a complaint and at least be smart enought to clean her computer before making a report.

I read somewhere that Kelley complained to Petreaus about the emails and Petreaus and Broadwell "talked" about in in their emails. So, it appears that Kelley knew who the "sender" was. Can't imagine she just casually mentioned "someone is sending me harrassing emails, blah, blah, blah" to Petreaus. Did she think the FBI wouldn't look at ALL her emails - her email history, which would link her to Allen? What a couple of dumb bimbos.

This is like a plate of spaghetti the way things are so intertwined.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
I'm not shocked. What we're seeing now is just an updated venison of Revolutionary War camp followers who are offering up sex in exchange for being near the power brokers in the military.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,785,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
She had in her possession classified information. I don't think they have stated categorically that there was no breach of security, just that the investigation is ongoing.

U.S. Officials Say Petraeus?s Affair Known in Summer - NYTimes.com
The classified information was found after Petreaus resigned. The FBI determined during the initial investigation there was no breach of national security that's why it was stiffled until after the election. I'm sure if they found a breach back in October, it would have been much more serious and he would have been pulled immediately. That finding has now caused the FBI to look further as to how/where/when/who she accessed classified documents.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
What puzzles me is that these investigations have been going on for 3 years (since 2010).
Why did he get appointed to head the CIA if they already knew he was having an affair ?

They just pulled an appointment for another military guy this morning. He too has been under investigation since 2010 for affairs.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Anything she would write about Petraeus would reflect heavily on the CIA of course.

If they might have been concerned that she, a "green" author, might be a serious investigative reporter, they would either have watched her like a hawk, demanding to see drafts, or they would have blocked this biography. The CIA knows its business.
And Petraeus was the boss at the CIA. He would have been the one issuing orders to have her watched like a hawk, if he had determined any such orders were necessary. Obviously, since he was having an illicit affair with her, he wouldn't have ordered surveillance on her. And she probably eagerly shared her drafts with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies