Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What puzzles me is that these investigations have been going on for 3 years (since 2010).
Why did he get appointed to head the CIA if they already knew he was having an affair ?

They just pulled an appointment for another military guy this morning. He too has been under investigation since 2010 for affairs.
I think you are wrong about the 2010 and 3 years. Here's the timeline for the affair showing Jill Kelley didn't contact the FBI until May 2012 which was when the investigation started. Broadwell and Petraeus's affair began Nov. of 2011.

Petraeus affair: Timeline on Paula Broadwell and the general's physical special ops - NY Daily News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 07:30 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The classified information was found after Petreaus resigned. The FBI determined during the initial investigation there was no breach of national security that's why it was stiffled until after the election. I'm sure if they found a breach back in October, it would have been much more serious and he would have been pulled immediately. That finding has now caused the FBI to look further as to how/where/when/who she accessed classified documents.
You have a link to some proof that she had classified information? I know she said she did, but is there any definitive data to support that she actually did?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:32 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You have a link to some proof that she had classified information? I know she said she did, but is there any definitive data to support that she actually did?
She was an army reserve intelligence officer, so it's possible she has information unrelated to Petraeus on her computer.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
If you look at the bigger picture, we just had a shuffle of 8 high ranking military people within the last 2 months for one reason or another.

Someone is cleaning house.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
If you look at the bigger picture, we just had a shuffle of 8 high ranking military people within the last 2 months for one reason or another.

Someone is cleaning house.
Or the shuffling around is just the natural results of winding down the war overseas and bringing units home.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:42 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
The Republicans don't have to hope for a scandal. It's being ready made for them. The question is, what is the real scandal? Extramarital affairs?
Or is there something much bigger going on, and this is just more dust being thrown up into the air to hide it all, and overwhelm the investigations?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I don't know what you mean by 'definitive data,' but there are reports she had classified info on her computer.
Petraeus Affair Puts Scrutiny on FBI - WSJ.com

Considering her security clearance and access to Petraeus and his meetings, why wouldn't she have classified info.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
She was an army reserve intelligence officer, so it's possible she has information unrelated to Petraeus on her computer.
I don't know, neither does anybody here. There are some reports from FOX, Newsmax, WSJ and some others that say she had classified info. I have found nothing where the FBI has said that. You know, the FBI, the people doing the investigation.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:56 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
I don't know, neither does anybody here. There are some reports from FOX, Newsmax, WSJ and some others that say she had classified info. I have found nothing where the FBI has said that. You know, the FBI, the people doing the investigation.
Oh, you want the FBI on the record to tell the public that Broadwell had classified info. What the heck do you think her access to Petraeus was all about. The garbage they tell the public ?

Old 11-13-2012, 07:57 AM

28,926 posts, read 30,284,252 times
The stuff I'm hearing on the news, all comes from the FBI...
Really, do you think the FBI would divulge all this information? I don't think so.

And what is worse, there are Americans that buy this stuff??????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies