Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
BTW guys: Women are sick of the obnoxious and/or criminal ways SOME men treat them...
Well that's good news. I mean at first they were ok with it but now they are sick of it.

Sorry, the comment just struck me funny.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Flashing may be an annoyance and embarassing but it does not, IMHO, warrent this extream response. Pulling a gun is the proper response to a violent assault and nothing else.
She could have been raped and there was a minor present from the information I read. So yes she was justified in pulling a gun.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times
Quote:
If, as you propose, the Flasher had made a grab for either the woman or the child that would be sufficient violence to justify SHOOTING him not just brandishing a gun and threatening him. You do not pull a gun on people that are annoying or embarrassing you. You pull a gun on assailants and nothing else. Guns are not threat weapons. They are for shooting and killing in self defense.
Some guy running around naked does not justify her response even if a child was present.
@GregW....maybe you should stop running around exposing yourself to women and children if you don't want to risk getting shot.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:15 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well that's good news. I mean at first they were ok with it but now they are sick of it.

i think she's singling you out personally to go round up the menfolk and take care of these flashers.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Flashing may be an annoyance and embarassing but it does not, IMHO, warrent this extream response. Pulling a gun is the proper response to a violent assault and nothing else.
Greg, probably >95% of the women in America if they let me get close enough and waited until I was assaulting them would be unable to get their gun out and use it on me.

I don't think you are putting yourself in the shoes of a gal that is probably a lot physically weaker than the flasher and also taking into consideration that her option to run isn't on the table due to the presence of the kid.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:24 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Of course! Now why are you one of the few that gets this?

Oh...twig & berries? Way past funny---never heard it before---

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV8n View Post
I doubt her intent was for the perv to get within firing range. If he had, that would have indicated that he intended to escalate the aggression and she would have reasonably believed she and/or her child were in danger. More likely, she intended to scare the crap out of him and send him running - and possibly consider if he should find other ways to get off.

Had she shot him while he was just prancing around showing his twig & berries while maintaining a safe distance, that would have been unwarranted.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 PM

Mathguy!

I think I love you...
no wait-I'm sure of it!

Quote:
Greg, probably >95% of the women in America if they let me get close enough and waited until I was assaulting them would be unable to get their gun out and use it on me.

I don't think you are putting yourself in the shoes of a gal that is probably a lot physically weaker than the flasher and also taking into consideration that her option to run isn't on the table due to the presence of the kid.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
i think she's singling you out personally to go round up the menfolk and take care of these flashers.
LOL. I'd take the guy down to one of the parks on the south side of Chicago and force him to flash women that walk by....the poor ba$tard would get the crap beat out of him.

There is a reason you don't hear so much of this stuff occurring so much around rougher areas.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:28 PM

Joe90 gets it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'm not so sure I agree. Flashing is involving someone else in a sexual act, without their consent. People have a right to their dignity, without some pervert wanting to involve a person (and their child in this case) in their sexual fantasies.

If a gun is what is required, to chase away some a-hole, that wants to use other people for jerking off material, so be it.

Maybe this *hithead, will realize that they have gone too far this time and get some help.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:32 PM

Oh no, with this post, MG, I will have to retract my "love you" statement.
(not that you care of course...)

Not funny.

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies