Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 05:20 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
A Washington state flasher got more than he was expecting from a woman who was walking around a lake with her little boy.

When the flasher approached, she put the clip in her Ruger .380, aimed and told him to leave or she would "blow his brains out"

he ran...

BTW guys: Women are sick of the obnoxious and/or criminal ways SOME men treat them...

*Read the article at
msnbc.com*
So, is this guy a former employee of the Mitt Romney campaign who was participating in the War on Women? I'm guessing only conservative men treat women like crap right? You posted the msnbc.com address, so that's what I'm guessing.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:32 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,228,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
While I applaud her actions, it's a good way to get arrested, especially in WA state. She better be able to justify fear for her life or unavoidable grave bodily harm.

BTW, it's a "magazine", not a clip (two different things)...and what kind of fool would carry a self defense weapon without having it loaded?
Well, she didn't get arrested...and someone must have told the papers. I think being approached by a strange male on a untraveled road would be justifiable enough for me. My husband always said....Nothing is more dangerous than a woman w/ a gun that is protecting her children. Good call Mom.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:34 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,158,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Well, she didn't get arrested...and someone must have told the papers. I think being approached by a strange male on a untraveled road would be justifiable enough for me. My husband always said....Nothing is more dangerous than a woman w/ a gun that is protecting her children. Good call Mom.
No authorities in their right minds would pursue charges against a damsel in distress in a situation such as this. The public outcry would probably be deafening, regardless the merits.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I agree with you that it was an improper response to flashing.
You have to be kidding. You'd rather be reading about the woman and child after they were hurt, or worse?? He was a flasher....cause she didn't let him go beyond that....What he might have done..... who knows.
She may have saved lots of women....This perv w/ think twice next time.

Last edited by JanND; 11-16-2012 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: text

Old 11-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrey View Post
On the one hand, good for her.

On the other, she's a very lucky woman who may not have reacted in the most intelligent way, especially when you consider she had to take time to load her gun.

People are crazy in this day and age. Who knows how they are going to react in return or what weapon they might be carrying. It worked out in the end but she took a big risk with her kid there, one that could have easily gone badly for her and her child.
LOL....Well, she could see what he was armed w/...

Old 11-16-2012, 05:45 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
You have to be kidding. You'd rather be reading about the woman and child after they were hurt, or worse?? She may have saved lots of women....This perv w/ think twice next time.

Exactly right. This kind of stuff is rape-lite. Maybe mom and kid laugh & point and get through this situation, but the perp is emboldened, and then what about the next victim? Maybe not so lucky. This woman did the right thing.

Never, ever, ever take a liberal's advice when it comes to matters of criminal violence.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:41 PM

37,981 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
A Washington state flasher got more than he was expecting from a woman who was walking around a lake with her little boy.

When the flasher approached, she put the clip in her Ruger .380, aimed and told him to leave or she would "blow his brains out"

he ran...

BTW guys: Women are sick of the obnoxious and/or criminal ways SOME men treat them...

*Read the article at
msnbc.com*
Oh!! She had a handgun. Well, that changes everything.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:51 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Flashing may be an annoyance and embarassing but it does not, IMHO, warrent this extream response. Pulling a gun is the proper response to a violent assault and nothing else.
A lone woman walking with her child is approached by a naked man. Would you recommend she wait until it becomes violent before she responds, given that she has means readily available? She acted properly, unless you consider carrying the weapon in a less than ready-to-use state. (If I carry, and I do on occasion, it's always loaded.)

If you wait for violence in such a situation, it's already too late.

She acted properly by any measure. Well, any rational measure. Her reaction was not extreme.

Now if a naked woman approached me, I may not react the same. Unless it was a fat chick.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:57 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,024,957 times
Quote:

he ran...

*Read the article at
msnbc.com*
Good for her!
Pervert probably saw his life flash before his eyes.

Old 11-16-2012, 07:02 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
She was going to shoot him?

Whoa. Whatever happened to women giving the whack jobs a good swift kick in the nuts?
He'd have to be way to close for that. And if he's larger or stronger, he's a definite threat. Running around naked he's already demonstrated he's not in his right mind and can reasonably be considered a threat.

An LCP is a really close range, small caliber gun, effective to about 15 feet in terms of accuracy. It's psychological effectiveness in the hands of an untrained user is far more effective than it's stopping power. I have one and keep it loaded with Hydra-Shok JHPs. Shooting it feels like holding a firecracker when it goes off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies